2021.6: A little bit of everything

I’ve never said it has to be fixed on GitHub.

If no one cared, this would have been forced back in January when this was first mentioned, was it? no it was not.
This happened in multiple steps.
2021.2 - Added a warning to hassfest which we encourage all developers of custom integrations to use.
2021.3 - Changed the warning to an error in hassfest and added the warning to when you started Home Assistant
2021.4 - Started mentioning 2021.6 as the target cut-off release
2021.5 - Changed the warning to an error in Home Assistant
2021.6 - Cutoff in Home Assistant

In all 2021.3, 2021.4, 2021.5, 2021.6 this was mentioned as a breaking change as part of the release notes.

The reason (which is mentioned in the linked blog) clearly states that this is due to security, and because of that we can’t “Just add it”.

I also posted in this thread how you can adjust this yourself a couple of days ago https://community.home-assistant.io/t/2021-6-a-little-bit-of-everything/312796/241.

9 Likes

I have to admit. it’s not like you did nothing. Seems a lot of preparation.

For some reason however it didn’t click for every case. Mostly users seem to be confused/not informed and finally blamed for not reading blogs… I understand that devs would like to see users as their partners, even better if a user can develop being able to fix things on his own. But it will not work this way forever.

1 Like

Users can open GitHub issues though, and possibly submit PRs. If the developer still choose to ignore though, there is nothing else that can be done other than fork & fix.

I am sure the community developers who do this in their spare time would gladly refund the price you paid for their free integration :wink:

2 Likes

Lets move on from this and just point people with this issue to the solution, thanks. That goes for others not just who I replied to.

1 Like

Did you even read my previous response: 2021.6: A little bit of everything - #29 by spacegaier :confused:

That setting is stored per user session. And by default HA follows the setting of your browser / OS to determine if dark or light mode should be used. You cannot enforce that from HA side, but you can define which themes should be used by a user session as default (“Backend-selected” theme).

I’m a bit confused on the documentation regarding reverse proxy setup. I use both home.mydomain.com through a Traefik reverse proxy as well as Nabu Casa’s remote UI, however I’m not able to find the proper trusted_proxies: configuration that maintains my current functionality and doesn’t break one of these options. Has anyone else had luck getting this set up?

You are right, sorry missed that one… I referred to the first posts.

Insert

"version": "1.2.1",

into …/config/custom_components/brematic/manifest.json → works again.

How about submitting a PR to the brewmatic github?

1 Like

I have made a Feature Request for it: https://community.home-assistant.io/t/let-the-datechooser-start-on-monday/314113

Since you already know how to make the change submitting a PR to actually make the change helps lazy developers :wink:

After the update one process is using 100% of one core. It starts around 10PM and ends around 6AM. I am not sure exactly when it starts and when it’s it ends because I disabled the history for the CPU load entries. It had been doing this for the last 3 nights.

Are there any database updates running on the background?

The process that is causing this is one of the
python -m homeassistant -config /config

I could not see any relevant error logs in the core module but I also have some logging set to critical in my configuration.

Any hint?
Thanks.

There is an issue with TOD running excessive CPU that was just fixed today.

1 Like

Since updating to 2021.6.2 none of my custom components are able to be seen in the + add integration. I have checked and all of the manfest.json files do have a version key. The components do load it appears. These are installed using HACS.

Have you tried adding passHostHeader: true to your traefik loadBalancer?

Google tts is now working again:)

Please don’t upload pictures of text logs. Copy and paste!

That log has always been there for custom components/integrations. It has nothing to do with it working or not working.

Yes, it makes sense. Somehow I didn’t find the saw the issue. Thank you.

1 Like

Trying to update from 2021.5.4 to 2021.6.3 (also tried 2021.6.2 with same result) but I get the following errors and no update:

2021-06-08 14:55:41 ERROR (Thread-16) [root] Uncaught thread exception
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/threading.py", line 932, in _bootstrap_inner
    self.run()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/threading.py", line 870, in run
    self._target(*self._args, **self._kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/xiaomi_gateway/__init__.py", line 180, in _listen_to_msg
    data, (ip_add, _) = self._mcastsocket.recvfrom(SOCKET_BUFSIZE)
OSError: [Errno 9] Bad file descriptor
2021-06-08 14:55:48 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/onvif/device.py", line 144, in async_stop
    await self.events.async_stop()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/onvif/event.py", line 112, in async_stop
    await self._subscription.Unsubscribe()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/zeep/proxy.py", line 64, in __call__
    return await self._proxy._binding.send_async(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/zeep/wsdl/bindings/soap.py", line 164, in send_async
    return self.process_reply(client, operation_obj, response)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/zeep/wsdl/bindings/soap.py", line 229, in process_reply
    return self.process_error(doc, operation)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/zeep/wsdl/bindings/soap.py", line 391, in process_error
    raise Fault(
zeep.exceptions.Fault: Invalid Args
2021-06-08 14:55:48 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hassio.handler] Client error on /core/update request Server disconnected
2021-06-08 14:55:48 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hassio] Failed to to call /core/update - 
2021-06-08 14:55:48 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.util.executor] Thread[SyncWorker_29] is still running at shutdown: File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/threading.py", line 890, in _bootstrap
    self._bootstrap_inner()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/threading.py", line 932, in _bootstrap_inner
    self.run()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/threading.py", line 870, in run
    self._target(*self._args, **self._kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 80, in _worker
    work_item.run()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/haffmpeg/core.py", line 154, in _close
    self._proc.wait(timeout=timeout)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/subprocess.py", line 1083, in wait
    return self._wait(timeout=timeout)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/subprocess.py", line 1800, in _wait
    time.sleep(delay)

any ideas what I can try?

EDIT: If I try updating via CLI it appears to update (info says 2021.6.3) but HA never loads. No errors in Supervisor log and CLI won’t load the core log… Rebooting takes me back to HA 2021.5.3

EDIT 2: well, after a lot of playing around in the CLI I was able to force an update back to 2021.6.2 when HA was telling me it was at 2021.6.3 but was not loading, so I’ve made some progress. It has now loaded 2021.6.2. Time to try the next update step.

EDIT 3: finally got it to 2021.6.3. I’d be keen to hear why this above error happened if someone is able to explain it to me. Cheers.