2021.7: A new entity, trigger IDs and script debugging

you’re welcome. Each time i reconnected to my external cloudflare proxy DNS address, I got an error with a new IP address. So I came to the conclusion I had to whitelist every IP of cloudflare. Fortunately cloudflare has a list of subnets and it did the trick when I added them.

For the people using duckdns. I can not find a list of ip’s or subnets used by duckdns or if it uses different IP addresses when you reconnect to you external duckdns address. But I think it does. Just press F5 in the browser and see if the error fills up with different IP adrresses. Duckdns is not a proxy. So ignore this part.

1 Like

It’s not a proxy so irrelevant

1 Like

You are correct. It’s just a dynamic DNS forwarder.

The ‘Hourly gas’ is now missing from the DSMR integration.
Instead of using the Derivative integration, wouldn’t be also posible to use Utility Meter to create a new sensor from the gas usage and cycle that hourly?
Any advantage or disadvantge in using that intead of the Derivative integration?

The utility meter would reset every hour in that case, while a derivative can make a sensor that shows a moving window. Its personal preference for what you prefer/need/like to see.

You can find more information about the derivation solution here: Issue with derivative as replacement of DSMR gas usage per hour · Issue #52538 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

Is there a specific reason why you are looking for another solution instead of the derivative integration?

Same here. ESPHome camera not working.

Issue 1: HomeKit Controller (to HOOBS) not working properly anymore. Needs to reload constantly
Gives several Errors in Server Log:

Exception in async_write_ha_state when dispatching 'homekit_controller_FA:0D:74:06:FE:3E_state_updated': () Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 419, in async_write_ha_state self._async_write_ha_state() File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 450, in _async_write_ha_state attr = self.capability_attributes File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/climate/__init__.py", line 217, in capability_attributes supported_features = self.supported_features File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/homekit_controller/climate.py", line 533, in supported_features if self.service.has(CharacteristicsTypes.TEMPERATURE_TARGET): File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/homekit_controller/__init__.py", line 64, in service return self.accessory.services.iid(self._iid) File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/homekit_controller/__init__.py", line 52, in accessory return self._accessory.entity_map.aid(self._aid) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/aiohomekit/model/__init__.py", line 283, in aid return next(filter(lambda accessory: accessory.aid == aid, self.accessories)) StopIteration

Issue 2: Google Chromecast integration causing issues. Port is being reset and many errors
Gives Errors in Server Log:

Logger: pychromecast.socket_client
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pychromecast/socket_client.py:661
First occurred: 24:02:33 (3 occurrences)
Last logged: 03:49:26

[Living Room Speaker(10.10.0.103):8009] Heartbeat timeout, resetting connection
[Bedroom Display(10.10.0.13):8009] Heartbeat timeout, resetting connection

I’m now seeing: “Retrying setup: ‘list’ object has no attribute ‘items’”

Seeing this error every hour.

Logger: homeassistant
Source: /usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/runner.py:87
First occurred: 20:00:00 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 20:00:00

Error doing job: protocol.resume_writing() failed
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/asyncio/transports.py", line 294, in _maybe_resume_protocol
    self._protocol.resume_writing()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/asyncio/sslproto.py", line 516, in resume_writing
    self._app_protocol.resume_writing()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/aiohttp/base_protocol.py", line 31, in resume_writing
    assert self._paused
AssertionError

Possibly due to trying to play a chime on my Chromecast Audio (the chime is working).

1 Like

Yep, also seeing this. It works initially after a restart and then all entities show as unavailable. If i reload the integration then entities come back but only for a short period and go back to unavailable approx 5 minutes later or whenever the entity state is updated

The same problem, if you physically remove the camera module from the board, the connection remains stable and the other functions of the esp32cam module work stably. I tried to upgrade the cameras from 1.19-dev to 1.20-dev - no changes, apparently a problem when receiving an image from the camera.

This solved the issue at my end. Thanks for this very useful input!

1 Like

Happens to me.
Solved by @amaximus in post:

1 Like

Hmm This Python change is crapping out many of the integrations.

HACS not working anymore (API Token failure), InfluxDB craps out.

Restoring my old version because this version has way too many issues

Both working here.

Got following during check configuration:

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc…exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms…exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes…
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts…
[cont-init.d] udev.sh: executing…
[cont-init.d] udev.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.
[16:01:05] INFO: Don’t worry, this temporary installation is not overwriting your current one.
[16:01:05] INFO: Installing Home Assistant: latest…
[16:01:05] INFO: Please be patient, this might take a few minutes…
[16:02:44] INFO: Installed Home Assistant 2021.7.0
[16:02:44] INFO: Making a copy of your configuration for checking…
[16:02:52] INFO: Checking your configuration against this version…
[16:10:42] ERROR: The configuration check did not pass!
[16:10:42] ERROR: See the output below for more details.
Testing configuration at /tmp/config
Failed config
General Errors:
- Component error: yandex_smart_home - No module named ‘av’
- Component error: camera - No module named ‘av’

RUNNING:
core-2021.6.6
supervisor-2021.06.8
Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
Docker 20.10.6

Any solution how to fix av module?

Wait for 2021.7.1