2021.7: A new entity, trigger IDs and script debugging

I add the integration back. its now empty?

Screen Shot 2021-07-09 at 6.24.30 PM

What should send discovery messages?

Have you tried power cycling these devices?

SOLVED

Needed
privileged: true

Dave

Same issue here.

37 posts were split to a new topic: 2021.7 History graph color changes

Is it possible to set a trigger id in automation A and use the trigger id in automation B?

I’m guessing you’d need to create a helper entity controlled by automation A set by the trigger ID, then use the state of this helper entity in automation B.

It seems the slow history page is specific to Firefox (only tested on PC.) It’s working fine on the mobile app, and I just tried Chrome, and it’s nice and snappy. On Firefox, it’s slow to load, and when scrolling, you scroll faster than the graphs can be drawn, and you have to wait for them to be filled in. The tooltips are also very slow to show up once you put your mouse over things.

I’m using Firefox 89.0.2, The history page loads very quickly (<1 sec). Try with any extensions you have disabled, and clear your cache.

Hmm. Something very curious going on for me. History was consistently slow on the new version (2021.7 and 2021.7.1) in Firefox (89.0.2.) Taking 8-15 seconds to load, or scroll, or for tooltips to appear. I reproduced this with multiple rollbacks and upgrades. Restarted my browser, no dice. Also tested in a new incognito window with no addons which was still slow. Tested in Chrome and everything was normal. Then, I rebooted my computer (client only) and everything started working at full speed everwhere. :man_shrugging: On another machine it’s a bit slow still, but usable. If I use my scroll wheel on that machine, I can scroll past the graphs and wait (a half second or so) for them to be drawn over the blank white page. If I drag the scroll bar up and down however, there is no delay and I can instantly zip up and down the whole page with instant drawing. :man_shrugging:

Yeap, same here… no vacuum, no switch :-1: , trying to add the devices using Xiaomi Cloud account, and it doesn’t work, I have devices in CN and in DE… I cannot log in in either of them.

What is the third leg stub on this condition in the Script trace?

Screenshot 2021-07-10 at 00-37-31 Configuration - Home Assistant

No default

State conditions don’t have a default?

Issue after the recent update. Automation integration will not load. Any help would be appreciated thanks!

Logger: homeassistant.config
Source: components/zha/device_trigger.py:33
First occurred: 10:34:12 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:34:12 AM

Invalid config for [automation]: InvalidDeviceAutomationConfig() (See /config/configuration.yaml, line 23).
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/device_trigger.py", line 31, in async_validate_trigger_config
    zha_device = await async_get_zha_device(hass, config[CONF_DEVICE_ID])
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/helpers.py", line 162, in async_get_zha_device
    ieee_address = list(list(registry_device.identifiers)[0])[1]
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'identifiers'

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/automation/config.py", line 104, in _try_async_validate_config_item
    config = await async_validate_config_item(hass, config, full_config)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/automation/config.py", line 72, in async_validate_config_item
    config[CONF_TRIGGER] = await async_validate_trigger_config(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/trigger.py", line 49, in async_validate_trigger_config
    conf = await platform.async_validate_trigger_config(hass, conf)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/device_automation/trigger.py", line 21, in async_validate_trigger_config
    return await getattr(platform, "async_validate_trigger_config")(hass, config)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/device_trigger.py", line 33, in async_validate_trigger_config
    raise InvalidDeviceAutomationConfig from err
homeassistant.components.device_automation.exceptions.InvalidDeviceAutomationConfig

I was looking at the wrong area. Might just be a bug.

1 Like

Hey @mmatesic01 what was the solution for this?

Same issue here.
Good idea to test first on my DEV container :slight_smile:

EDIT; What is special to our case? If it was rpi specific, I would have thought that half of the HA community would be complaining…

EDIT2: Ah, the supervised installs DO run privileged. Good to know…

Just want to chime in with a thank you for the ZWave multicast feature. Got it working easily. It cuts down time to open/close a dozen blinds significantly.

1 Like