2021.7: A new entity, trigger IDs and script debugging

OK. I’ll try the default and see how it goes. Thanks @petro.

He’s not** running docker, he’s running hassOS. You can’t do anything you just said with hassOS.

**He is, but users don’t really see docker.

1 Like

Got it. I’ll keep this in mind for the future. My advice was really about running it as a Docker Container in a host OS like Debian. I personally run on Raspberry Pi OS on a Pi4, works perfectly.

The thing is, the UI editor strips the quotes if I add them while in YAML mode and save the automation. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

:+1: Good guess 172.30.33.6 is it.

1 Like

Good Evening,
I have been updating to: 2021.7.0
Everthing went smooth.
Except my conbee stick does not recognize.
Al my sensors etc are unavailable.
Is there an known trick to solve this?

All xiaomi wifi devices (vacuum, ceiling lights, socket) stopped working after installing new version 2017.7.0. Hass does see their state, but it can’t switch its state.

Xiaomi integration asks me to “repair”, but I can’t login from its configuration window - unknown error or just “cannot login into the cloud”. I’ve chosen “manual configuration” and it now asks me to input some token, but it doesn’t tell me what exactly token does it want, from whar particular device

1 Like

Xiaomi error here too: doesn’t import automations properly.

ERROR:homeassistant.config:Invalid config for [automation]: Integration 'xiaomi_gateway3' does not support device automation triggers (See /tmp/config/configuration.yaml, line 15). 
ImportError: cannot import name 'TRIGGER_BASE_SCHEMA' from 'homeassistant.components.device_automation' (/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/homeassistant/components/device_automation/__init__.py)
ERROR:homeassistant.config:Invalid config for [automation]: Integration 'xiaomi_gateway3' does not support device automation triggers (See /tmp/config/configuration.yaml, line 15). 
ImportError: cannot import name 'TRIGGER_BASE_SCHEMA' from 'homeassistant.components.device_automation' (/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/homeassistant/components/device_automation/__init__.py)
ERROR:homeassistant:Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
ERROR:homeassistant:Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved 

Tried updating to 2021. 7.0 yesterday (had the same error)

Previously on 2021.6.6 everything went fine.
Following the update, the wireless switch (WXG01LM) stopped working.
All switch automations are off while automations based on other devices work fine (motion sensor/door sensor when activated turns on the light).

(HA running on RPi4, xiaomi gateway 3 integrated via alexxit/HACS, set to work in mi home mode for the ZNDMWG02LM gateway; tried the xiaomi miio integration for the gateways but it only sees the gateway and a light sensor).

1 Like

Using the virtualbox vdi. Config check fails.

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] udev.sh: executing... 
[cont-init.d] udev.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.
[11:35:36] INFO: Don't worry, this temporary installation is not overwriting your current one.
[11:35:36] INFO: Installing Home Assistant: latest...
[11:35:36] INFO: Please be patient, this might take a few minutes...
[11:35:58] INFO: Installed Home Assistant 2021.7.1
[11:35:58] INFO: Making a copy of your configuration for checking...
[11:35:58] INFO: Checking your configuration against this version...
[11:37:09] ERROR: The configuration check did not pass!
[11:37:09] ERROR: See the output below for more details.
Testing configuration at /tmp/config
Fatal error while loading config: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/idna-3.2.dist-info/METADATA'
Failed config
  General Errors: 
    - [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/idna-3.2.dist-info/METADATA'

Successful config (partial)
[11:37:09] INFO: The full output has been written to /share/check_config.txt
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] waiting for services.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting.
Home Assistant Core
Version
core-2021.6.2
Newest Version
core-2021.7.1
Supervisor
Version
supervisor-2021.06.8
Newest Version
supervisor-2021.06.8

I would like to keep the number of installed integrations as low as possible, and thus use an existing one if that could accomplish the same task. But as Frenck states, this sensor behavior is different so I might use the derivative integration (and not just for this purpose, but I see more possibilites)

Its something that might be worth discussing during a next video or release party: what are best practices in keeping a HA system running and performing well, making sure DB’s are not flooded with events etc.

I’ll read the Github Issue for extra info, thanks!

1 Like

Hi all. I’ve updated from 2021.6.3 to 2021.7.1. Everything is working great!

• In my case, there were quite a lot of breaking changes, but thanks to the “Breaking changes” section in the changelog, i was able to mitigate those upfront (Reverse Proxy, DSMR Yaml, DSMR Hourly Gas Consumption).

• The upgrade transition was really painful this time due to all the breaking changes. I hope we can find a way forward in which Home Assistant will get less breaking changes in the future. This is the number one reason why Home Assistant is only advisable if you are really into computers (i.e. “nerd” :rofl:)

• I’ve a lot of integrations and add-ons, including some less-common integrations. All is working fine.

• I’m very happy with all the new possibilites of this release. There is some really interesting stuff for the more advanced users. Awesome.

Keep up the good work. I’m impressed with this release.

2 Likes

I updated to 2021.7.1, but still have an issue with the esphome esp32 camera. The sensors on the esp32 now work, but the camera feed doesn’t work. The logs for the device show it is sending images. I don’t see errors in HA.

I am having a similar error, “Failed to Connect”

I believe you can use an ‘or’ condition and then create trigger conditions in that. On mobile at the mo so can’t give an example.

EDIT: Just seen the previous replies… Multiple ways to skin the preverbial cat.

1 Like

I got problem with pydeconz package:

2021-07-09 00:40:13 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pydeconz/gateway.py", line 128, in session_handler
    self.event_handler(self.websocket.data)  # type: ignore
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pydeconz/gateway.py", line 169, in event_handler
    device_class.process_raw({device_id: event})
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pydeconz/api.py", line 40, in process_raw
    obj.update(raw_item)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pydeconz/api.py", line 126, in update
    async_signal_update()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/deconz/sensor.py", line 166, in async_update_callback
    super().async_update_callback(force_update=force_update)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/deconz/deconz_device.py", line 92, in async_update_callback
    self.async_write_ha_state()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 419, in async_write_ha_state
    self._async_write_ha_state()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 456, in _async_write_ha_state
    extra_state_attributes = self.extra_state_attributes
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/deconz/sensor.py", line 199, in extra_state_attributes
    attr[ATTR_CURRENT] = self._device.current
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pydeconz/sensor.py", line 546, in current
    return self.raw["state"]["current"]
KeyError: 'current'

Didn’t notice any functionality impact tbh.

After upgrading core-2021.7.0, I got an error when accessing traccar:

HTTP 415 Unsupported Media Type - NotSupportedException (…)

I appreciate any help

Also seeing this error (or the error Retrying setup: Error occurred while communicating with Forecast.Solar API). Have updated to 2021.7.1 this morning but still an issue after multiple restarts.

I’m not using an API key (testing before investing) so unsure if it’s related to the free accounts.

Is it possible to set a trigger id in automation A and use the trigger id in automation B?

Dumb question: So what did you do? Shut off that option in FKB?

No they are local to the automation.