2021.7: A new entity, trigger IDs and script debugging

This error is still puzzles me… Since I did not set anything with value on HA config.

Screen Shot 2021-07-09 at 11.52.18 AM

Help?

Click the link in the error which will take you to the MQTT docs. The answer is right in front of you in that last line of the box.

Without you showing your yaml code how can we see what you have in your config…?

do you have packages, if so check them.
What other devices do you have setup via mqtt, tasmota devices maybe ?

Well… I dont add anything regarding MQTT to the config accept for the MQTT integrations setup and on lovelace for showing the light. That is why I dont know which part that I need to share in terms for YAML

I did… and have not found something resemble the error messages. I event check my automations

What other devices do you have setup via mqtt, tasmota devices maybe ?

Surely you must have ‘value_template’ somewhere in your code. What code do you have for your MQTT light?

That warning originated from mqtt.light

That template (and light causing it) is probably brought in via auto discovery over MQTT. Any pieces of software you use that bring in lights over MQTT?

I used tasmota and need to find it…Should I chack .storage or .cloud? Furthermore its seems that my HA is now after several minute is being disconnected unsure why. O add

http:
  use_x_forwarded_for: true
  trusted_proxies:
    - 192.168.xxx.xxx
  ip_ban_enabled: true
  login_attempts_threshold: 5  

on my config and usually its good to go.

Anyway thanks everyone for helping

The code on the Mqtt device needs fixing. it wont be anywhere in .storage or .cloud
do you have any custom integrations that setup mqtt lights?

You did make the changes to trusted proxies as per breaking change

install something like MQTT explorer
Connect to your broker
then look at entries under the Homeassistant tree (especially light ones) and see if any mention value_template
this will rule out mqtt discovery if nothing

no changes to trusted proxies base on the home-assistant documentations.

so far base on the explorer

Yes, switching it off made everything work again.

Same here, same error, don’t see anything in the Breaking Changes about that…

Hi, need a little help setting up the trusted_proxies thing.

First, I wasn’t aware I was using any reverse proxy. I have a HA OS, using a dynamix IP service which could be causing the issue (https://spdyn.de/ is the service provider, spdns.eu is the domain I use for IP redirection)…

When I look at the “request from a reverse proxy” errors in the logs, I see various IPS :

(just examples)

I did a whois on all of them and it tells me about OPENDNS in Madrid, Spain (where I live). But I can’t find a list of ips to authorize…
I can’t be adding IPs each time there is an error : what if I try accessing HA from another country ? Will the IP be totally different then ?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Just did a test from my personal computer, and… it works !
I have a VPN on it and tried from several countries… and it also works.

The problem only occurs from my work PC, so I’m even more confused now :-p

Discovered another issue. Speakergroups to broadcast something with the tts service doesn’t work anymore. Using it in a script triggered by an automation.
If I activate the script it only broadcasts to one of the devices. Looks random on which one.

If I specify each device separately in the script it does work!

Your company could block certain IP’s?

They do, more like a filter for content (they block video game sites, etc…)
But until 2021.6 everything always worked well.

Nice to see that this also looks better with the UI editor.
I try to keep it as easy as possible to understand for other users too in my setup.
Thanks for the suggestion!