2021.7: A new entity, trigger IDs and script debugging

Just a small question
Are there any modbus breaking changes introduced between 2021.6.6 and 2021.7.1?
Especially sensor and write_register part?

My modbus component stopped to work (sensors are not reading, writes are not performed) after update from 6.6 to 7.1 and when I returned back to 6.6 evyrything is running again.

sensors config:

modbus:
- name: pool
  type: tcp
  host: 192.168.1.3
  port: 8899
  delay: 2
  sensors:
    - name: MEASURE_PH
      slave: 1
      address: 258
      input_type: holding
      data_type: uint
      scale: 0.01
      precision: 2
      scan_interval: 60
      unit_of_measurement: pH

modbus_write service:

- service: modbus.write_register
      data:
        hub: pool
        unit: 1
        address: 1041
        value: [0]

Just a small question. Did you search the Release Notes first? As stated the old configuration style is now invalid. I did not look closely to see if that is your issue though.

I think thereā€™s a bug when you have more than one sensor on different hubs using the same address.

That is the new configuration

1 Like

@petro Just went through config and I have more sensors from 2 hubs but none of them has the same address.
The only common thing is the same port number but different ip addresses

Iā€™m just pulling from memory, you can always check out the current pull requests/issues

I have the same error in Traccar since this upgradeā€¦

Thanks a lot, again, guys! :clap:

I used the local edit for a short-term fix in my docker container
/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pyrainbird/resources/__init__.py:

2 Likes

Thank you!! that was the fix.

your path had me stumped for a whileā€¦ Should be /usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pyrainbird/resources

Ah yes /usr/ā€¦ not /user/ā€¦ (fixed it in my reply) :roll_eyes:

1 Like

How do we access the new zwave node status sensor? Iā€™m not seeing any new entity for each node in the dev console.

Is anyone else having an issue with the upgrade and the Insteon integration? After the upgrade, Insteon would not connect, but does after I restored a full snapshot.

Having the same problem with Firefox 89.0.2, first I though the problem due to new HA. After several try on other browser (Safari) then its only happen on Firefox. Slowly but sure HA come to a halt and even get disconnected. Reconnecting take like 1-2 minute and editing via lovelace is 100% slow.

Unsure what happen since safari run perfectly clear without problem. Loading live camera also without any problem.

No problems at all here with 2021.7.1 in Firefox (89.0.2, 64bit) on Win 10. All smooth and snappy like ever. Maybe one (or more) FF-Add-onā€™s are making trouble? I would try FF with all plugins disabled and if the problem goes away switch them back on one by one until the HA UI/Logbook etc. slows down again.

I doesnt found a belongig post in this thread so im writing my issue in hope it hasnt been talked through here

Since the update my samsung tv integration has a weired problem - the tv works as expected but if the tv is off it turn unavailable instead of offline. Anyone else has this problem?

100% HA that causing the slowdown especially on FF. Eventually it will make FF to a halt. On Safari however it did not do the same thing however I receive a warning.

Sorry, gotta go back to the History Graph Card.
I can live with the color change, but whatā€™s irritating me is that I hide one of the lines in a graph and then, 15 seconds later, the line shows up again without me changing anything.
You can even see in the example below that the line is supposed to be hidden (by the strikethrough) but it shows up nevertheless:

Happens on Chrome as well as Edge - anybody else experiencing this?

1 Like

No issues here. Are you using the hub? ISY?

I can confirm this. Takes less than 10 seconds for me, think that depends on Lovelace ui refresh interval. Anyway, thatĀ“s a bug, not a feature :smiley:

WhatĀ“s even a bit more irritating to me is on the line history graphs the entity name on the left is almost not readable because text is cut (blacked on the screenshot):