2021.7: A new entity, trigger IDs and script debugging

Now we cant set attributes in the base component there seems to be no way of setting entity_picture to an MQTT sensor.

this used to display every users avatar.

I can see why they made the change but I think it could be really handy to allow the entity picture to be overwritten.

The hub. I also updated two add-ons at the same time, but I reinstalled them both after the full restore, and still no issues. The log showed that it couldn’t connect, but I should have copied the details. I may have to do the update again to get the specifics.

Has anybody experienced HA stability issues? I have HA deployed on docker in a raspberry pi 3b (official docker image), and for the first time in years I noticed that HA is unstable, restarting itself once or twice a day, since the upgrade to 2021.7.1. I was running 2021.5 and .6 prior to this with no issue. I could not yet narrow down the component that could be causing this. I use zwave-js-mqtt, multiple cameras (stream integration) and many REST sensors that I developed myself.

I have solved it with this; homeassistant 2021.7 device automation triggers ¡ Issue #385 ¡ AlexxIT/XiaomiGateway3 ¡ GitHub

1 Like

I think this may be your solution: Fix Insteon component with python 3.9 by teharris1 ¡ Pull Request #52927 ¡ home-assistant/core ¡ GitHub

Looks like it will be part of 2021.7.2

Have you logged a bug report for this?

Trying to gauge first if it’s only and issue for me/my installation or if it shows up for other people as well; haven’t seen many folks saying that it’s an issue for them, too.
Do you observe the same behavior?

Same issue? Any fix / workaround for this (besides a rollback)

Well, you made me look. I have 2021.7.0 running on my test server and, after staring at this graph for a minute, I can confirm it didn’t display anything other than what I asked it to display.

Tested with MS Edge on a Windows PC.

No, not yet, as I haven’t updated yet to 2021.7 but someone reported it already.

1 Like

My first attempt – no dice. But I picked a graph with data that changes more rapidly and sure enough, everything comes back with the selections still lined out.

My guess is that the deselected trace will reappear when whatever is plotted changes from its last value.

I see it with 2021.7.1 on Win10 with Chrome, Edge, and my Android devices.

It might be that my test was insufficient. Inkblotadmirer mentioned:

My graph didn’t have anything that updates frequently so that might be why I didn’t observe the problem.

This is a frontend bug, not a core bug, FYI.
A mod there will probably move it for you if they can, or will close it and ask you to re-open it against the frontend repo.

I have the same error in Traccar.
HTTP 415 Unsupported Media Type - NotSupportedException (…).

Since you are that 100% sure that HA is causing the slowdown, especially on FF, just open HA on FF, open the “Inspector” and check for “Warnings” and “Errors”. They should show up there.

The only warning I find, whichever page (Logbook, History etc.) I browse inside HA’s WebUI, is:

The main 'lit-element' module entrypoint is deprecated. Please update your imports to use the 'lit' package: 'lit' and 'lit/decorators.ts' or import from 'lit-element/lit-element.ts'.

But this doesn’t seem to affect the responsivness of HA UI on FF at all. At least not on Win10/64.

I have checked this also on Chrome based SRWare Iron 91.0.4650.0 and Palemoon 29.2.1 (64-bit). All smooth and snappy as ever.

Maybe it’s a problem with FF on Mac (dunno what system @gazpachoking is running FF on).

And this seems to be the HA frontend doing this too. I did ask Balloob about it a few releases back and he said to ignore it. It’s a nuisance though.

Can someone confirm that @jbouwh changes to allow for fan speed control apply only to FAN type devices? I have a thermostat with a fan setting that I’m trying to control (without success) - I’m thinking I’ll probably create a fan template to get around this.

Did you ever figure out what was causing this error when attempting to restart?

Failed to call service homeassistant/restart. init() got an unexpected keyword argument ‘encoding’

Thank you

Mine was root caused down to the presence of the Rainbird integration. The encoding is longer needed with Python 3.9 from what I read. I just took it out for now. I say there is already a fix, but it doesn’t appear it has been brought into HA yet as an update.

1 Like