2021.7: A new entity, trigger IDs and script debugging

Modbus does not work at all with 2021.7.3 :frowning: (at least in my case)
Here #52872 it was working at least partially
Must return back to 2021.6.6

Itā€™s been already discussed, but InfluxDB integration still not working in 2021.7.3.

Here is more detailed log:

2021-07-16 14:41:09 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for influxdb: unknown error
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py", line 201, in _async_setup_component
component = integration.get_component()
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/loader.py", line 490, in get_component
cache[self.domain] = importlib.import_module(self.pkg_path)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/importlib/__init__.py", line 127, in import_module
return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1030, in _gcd_import
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1007, in _find_and_load
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 986, in _find_and_load_unlocked
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 680, in _load_unlocked
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 855, in exec_module
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 228, in _call_with_frames_removed
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/influxdb/__init__.py", line 13, in <module>
from influxdb import InfluxDBClient, exceptions
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/influxdb/__init__.py", line 10, in <module>
from .dataframe_client import DataFrameClient
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/influxdb/dataframe_client.py", line 12, in <module>
import pandas
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pandas/__init__.py", line 22, in <module>
from pandas.compat import (
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pandas/compat/__init__.py", line 15, in <module>
from pandas.compat.numpy import (
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pandas/compat/numpy/__init__.py", line 7, in <module>
from pandas.util.version import Version
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pandas/util/__init__.py", line 1, in <module>
from pandas.util._decorators import ( # noqa
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pandas/util/_decorators.py", line 14, in <module>
from pandas._libs.properties import cache_readonly # noqa
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pandas/_libs/__init__.py", line 13, in <module>
from pandas._libs.interval import Interval
File "pandas/_libs/interval.pyx", line 1, in init pandas._libs.interval
ValueError: numpy.ndarray size changed, may indicate binary incompatibility. Expected 88 from C header, got 80 from PyObject

It seemā€™s to be this problem, or at leas somehow related: https://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/java/package/namingpkgs.htmlhttps://stackoverflow.com/questions/66060487/valueerror-numpy-ndarray-size-changed-may-indicate-binary-incompatibility-exp

Also note that ā€œCheck configurationā€ button is not working (spinning for indefinity), but command ha core check is working just fine.

2 Likes

Is this an external InfluxDB database?

Because the addon is working fine for me.

No, I have influxDB addon, but I donā€™t think that this is a problem. The log Iā€™ve sednā€™t you is from home assistant core, so I do believe that problem is somewhere there.

E.g. ā€œCheck configurationā€ works fine if there is no ā€œinfluxdbā€ element in configuration.yaml, but if there is any itā€™s been spinning for indefinitely.

Just let me know if you need some more verbose logs or enything.

1 Like

Hi all,

Just installed 2021.7.3.
From the release notes I gather that ā€œExpose Spotify as a service (@balloob - #53063)ā€ would mean we would have gained a new service called Spotify, was I wrong?

Iā€™m asking because the service call drop down list doesnā€™t have anything with ā€œSpotifyā€ on it.

Can anyone chime in on this please?
@balloob ?
TIA

im not sure I understand. I left the @ when I installed MDB today. worked.
then I read about change and made the changes
%40 and it did not work.
replaced back to @ and its working. am I missing something?

Version core-2021.7.2
Installation Type Home Assistant OS
Development false
Supervisor true
Docker true
Virtual Environment false
Python Version 3.9.5
Operating System Family Linux
Operating System Version 5.9.16
CPU Architecture aarch64

Hi,
I have the same error in my log and also confirm that ā€œCheck configurationā€ button is not working (spinning for indefinity)

1 Like

I believe it means itā€™s discoverable through the ui via network and auto discovered that way, versus having to set it up through configuration.yaml

2 Likes

Please do not tag the creator of home assistant for a question that anyone can answer, just ask the question in the thread. See guideline 16. Thanks.

This is not referencing a home assistant service, itā€™s referencing the ability to connect to spotify devices by detecting them on the network. Youā€™ll only see a change if thereā€™s a spotify device on your network that has not been set up in home assistant.

Hi @petro

Sorry, I donā€™t understand what you mean by tagging the creator of home assistant.
I merely made a quote from the release notes, surely that canā€™t hurt.

Well, if this is not referencing a home assistant service, then why are the release notes stating it exposes Spotify as a service?

I know English is not my native language, but my limited proficiency level tells me someone chose the wrong words to describe the feature, and heck if I understand why we the users can be blamed for not getting the underlying reasoning and functionality.

Speaking of which, may I inquire where is the documentation for this feature?
The only thing I can see is the weak documentation on the integration itselfā€¦

Iā€™ve been a software developer, DBA, and project manager for some 30 years now, and I can tell you documentation is greatly underestimated.

If I may, and you donā€™t mind, Iā€™ll leave a suggestion that HASS developers spend a bit more time worrying about documenting the features they implement.

I can assure you they will spend far less time dealing with unnecessary queries like mine here if they do.

Sorry for the rant, but I really canā€™t get it when someone just doesnā€™t assume their mistakes.

Have a nice weekend, with far more pleasant things on your mind.

Cheers,

2 Likes

Thank you @moto2000 , I would not have reached that understanding if no-one would have mentioned it.

By the looks of it it does seem to be the case, thanks for clearing it for me, with no judgemental attitudes.

Using the @ followed by a username tags somebody and send them a notification. You tagged balloob, the founder of Home Assistant in that quote from the Release Notes.

I was just about to leave when this thought came along:

What do you guys mean by not having to set my configuration yaml file for HA to detect Spotify?

How will HA guess my client_id and client_secret to be able to connect to my Spotify account at all???

Here is the Spotify page

At the bottom it provides a way for you to improve the documentation.

@Prodigyplace yeah, I get that now, but I was not aware balloob was the man behind HASS, shoot me LoL

Jokes apart, I did make the quote without noticing it had the @ inside, it was an unfortunate mistake of mine.

My fault, I realised it too late, sorry, but I really didnā€™t even know he was the HA creator, really.

1 Like

I think we have all made similar mistakes. that is one way we learn.

1 Like

How on earth can I improve the documentation of something Iā€™m seeing for the first time?

The documentation you quoted is the documentation I saw already, and itā€™s really bare metal.

For example I was trying to see how to direct the Spotify music to other devices and that is not even referenced there, same thing for this ā€œexpose Spotify as a serviceā€ thing.

From 2021.7.2 to 2021.7.3 that page as changed absolutely NOTHING. How is that even possible!?!?

Itā€™s not the end user job to document a new feature, itā€™s a developer or QA job to do so for crying out loud.
Do you use Microsoft Excel? Do you want do write up or improve their online HELP? Of course not.

1 Like

Actually it kind of is. This is an open source project that relies heavily on volunteers. Iā€™m not a programmer but have helped with clarification of the documentation.

If you canā€™t make the changes yourself, use the feedback button to suggest what needs improvement.

1 Like

This bit is what he means

1 Like

It probably only does this if you have configured the spotify integration.
It is considered bad practice to tag anyone who is not in the conversation already. A reference to a PR doesnā€™t count - itā€™s not just because Balloob is the founder of HA. No one wants notifications about conversations they are not a part of and itā€™s just rude trying to drag someone in for help when lots of people can and will help you. Donā€™t take offence to this. We are all volunteers here trying to help other people and that will include helping to improve the docs as well.

1 Like