2021.7: A new entity, trigger IDs and script debugging

That’s not an integration. it’s a way to run a zwavejs server that you can then connect to with the zwavejs integration.

and it’s not deprecated. it’s one of the two (OK three…) methods of running a zwavejs server for the HA integration to use.

3 Likes

Thanks.
I mistyped. I meant zwave2mqtt

Corrected.

1 Like

But…that’s not an integration either, tho. :wink: :laughing:

I did not say it was but they may be using that addon. We cannot assume what they are using since they did not tell us explicitly. I have had no issues with zwavejs2mqtt and the zwavejs integration.

that’s not entirely correct…

but I’m mostly just bustin’ your chops now.

But we also need to make sure our language is as precise as possible to minimize the confusion for newer users.

there is always confusion over what the differences are between integrations, add-ons and custom integrations.

no reason to add more to the fray.

1 Like

Thanks, I am still trying to get re-acclimated back to HA after 2 years away elsewhere.

1 Like

Did you ever get this figured out? I seem to be suffering from the same issue.

No I still have it every 5 minutes. I started removing integrations/addons to see if it would clear but didn’t get very far. That’s the only way I could think of troubleshooting it. Searches in the forum have only resulted in unanswered threads unfortunately.

I upgraded to 2021.7.4 earlier and I’m trying out the new Ambee integration. It seems like there’s no information available for my location (unfortunately). The error message on the UI isn’t very helpful though, as it simply says “failed to connect” when my test script works. Before logging a bug report I wanted to check that I’m not missing anything.

My Ambee subscription:

The HA config flow error:

I enabled debug logging (but there’s no output):

logger:
  default: warning
  logs:
    homeassistant.components.ambee: debug

Custom test script:

import requests
url = "https://api.ambeedata.com/latest/by-lat-lng"
querystring = {"lat":"redacted","lng":"redacted"}
headers = {
    'x-api-key': "redacted",
    'Content-type': "application/json"
    }
response = requests.request("GET", url, headers=headers, params=querystring)
print(response.status_code)
print(response.text)

And output:

{"message":"Data not available!","data":[]}

As a test, change your URL to read, latest/pollen/by-lat-lng. This woks for me using a “curl” statement on 2021.7.2

Good idea.

Now I get:

{"status":false,"message":"Access denied as you are not subscribed to any plan or you are not allowed to access this endpoint"}

Which is weird, since:

I guess I’ll need to chat with the team at Ambee.

were you able to find a solution? I have that same problem

Hi,

my homekit is stuck on Please wait while the integration is being installed.

im using VM with core ver. Home Assistant 2021.7.4.

someone else has this issue or solution?

thanks

Yeah same for me currently. I was thinking it might have to do with Nginx and was gonna mess around with that when I had a spare moment.

Not related to this release, but one warning that pops out in logs is this:

1:20:55 PM – (WARNING) MQTT - message first occurred at 1:20:55 PM and shows up 4 times

When I replace the MQTT sensor values I get the following errors when the configuration is validated, has anyone encountered same issue?:

Invalid config for [sensor.mqtt]: [state_value_template] is an invalid option for [sensor.mqtt]. Check: sensor.mqtt->state_value_template. (See ?, line ?).
Invalid config for [sensor.mqtt]: [state_value_template] is an invalid option for [sensor.mqtt]. Check: sensor.mqtt->state_value_template. (See ?, line ?).

The error message is telling you what to do. It’s instructing you to checkout the documentation because state_value_template is not a valid field for mqtt sensors. If you look at the docs, you’ll notice that the correct field for a state template is value_template

Yes, I am currently using the value_template in config but still, the warning appears, the current documentation link is misleading as it points out to use the state_value_template attribute.

Are you using mqtt discovery through a separate integration?

Upgraded to 2021.7.4 and suddenly most of my zigbee units when Unavailable. Not sure if that has anything to do with the upgrade, but it did happen at the same time.
Using ZHA trough the Sonoff zigbee bridge with Tasmota firmware.

Mqtt discovery is enabled, I am using mqtt addon.