2021.7: A new entity, trigger IDs and script debugging

Read the release notes and thread. The reverse proxy issue is dealt with at length.

2 Likes

Thank you for the lead. I had use_x_forwarded_for and trusted_proxies in my config previously, but viewing the HA log showed Too many headers for X-Forwarded-For. I found this github issue: Too many headers http 400 Error while using revers proxies Ā· Issue #40421 Ā· home-assistant/core Ā· GitHub that had the solution. Thanks!

2 Likes

And it doensnā€™t look like it is resolved in 2021.7.4?

Just upgraded to 2021.7.4, will see in a few hours. It should be solved there I believe.

Edited after 2 hrs: everything (related to modbus integration and multiple modbus instances) works :+1:t3:

2 Likes

The changelog/release notes will tell you. Why do people guess?

1 Like

Do you have multiple MODBUS instances? I had problemens right after startup and could not control my devices anymore.

did I miss anything in the 2021.7.4 release note that could block iOS connection to the instance? Im having issues with 2 of my instances, which on 1 I could solve by hard booting the Pi3. another just wont come back on the iPhone either Safari or Chrome browser (while it is perfectly fine on desktop now,) and I have SSH and SMB connection alright.

posted the only errors on the log in discord Discord

Already deleted the tokens, restarted the iPhone twice, deleted website history, and every time I get a new auth screen, after which Unable to connect to Home Assistant. RETRY is displayedā€¦

ip is not banned.
please have a look if you can help me out get my instance back on iPhone?

Are you running the beta? I thought you wereā€¦

yes, it is marked for the beta, but that hasnā€™t arrived just yet, so this is still release 2021.7.4

just tried on on another iPhone, to make sure it was my device or not, and that too wonā€™t connect. Making this a more generic certificate/iOS issue ?

Since updating to 2021.7.4, for the fritz box device_tracker my not_home/home status is switching from time to time although I am at home all the time. Havenā€™t had this issue with 2021.7.3 :thinking:

I meant the iOS beta version via testflight

o, no, I donā€™t use that.

thing is I have 3 instances, 2 of which can connect on my iPhone, itā€™s only the 1 instance. Iā€™ve tried it all now network only, mobile only, IP address duckdns address. And it has been flawless for over 2 yearsā€¦

even downgraded just now, but that didnt help, so I am back on 2021.7.4 :wink:
what else can I try?
dont suppose it is the aeotec zwave stick attached to the RPiā€¦? how could that only cause issues on iDevicesā€¦

Try the beta would be my suggestion. There have been some changes in auth in the app recently.

yes, but I am not even using the app on this instance, only regular browser windows. I use the app for my production system.

next to that have always had 3 dedicated browser windows saved on desktop for my instances. 1 of those now wonā€™t connect anymore

if no one is seeing this after updating to 2021.7.4 Iā€™ll take it elsewhereā€¦

Anyone else having Zwave issues when upgrading to the 2021.7.4? Every time I upgrade to this version (Iā€™ve done it three times now) . I lose Zwave and have to restore to a snapshot with version 2021.7.1.

I have the ZWave plus Razberry2 plug on module board. When I lose the Zwave, none of my Zwave devices will respond to calls (the green light on the board just flashes). When I restore back to the earlier version everything works fine.

Upgrade to what version? ā€œLatestā€ or ā€œnewā€ are not versions.

core-2021.7.3 bricked my system, presumably due to max/min changes.

I got stuck on the dreaded ā€œLoading Dataā€ screen after logging in and before lovelace loads. After hours of troubleshooting, I commented out all of my max/min entries in configuration.yaml and everything magically worked. I was methodical and only changed one thing at a time before testing in multiple browsers, and then restoring to previous state before trying something else, so I can definitively say this was the cause.

Iā€™ll submit an issue with relevant logs in github when I regain my desire to play around with it.

Sorry, 2021.7.4

O M G !!! Finally Allow pymodbus to reconnect in running system (not startup) by janiversen Ā· Pull Request #53020 Ā· home-assistant/core Ā· GitHub this happened! Now single modbus sensor unavailability does not affect requests to other sensors!
Great!

1 Like

Not with the recommended zwavejs integration.

Which integration are you using? The original zwave integration and the zwave2mqtt integration have been deprecated for many months.