2021.8.0: Feel the energy ⚡️

2021.8.0: HomeKit Integration broken? · Issue #53987 · home-assistant/core (github.com)

2 Likes

Hi Frenk,
When adding a new device to the Energy panel, it gives me the following error: “Key need to start with energy_”.

I was able to add a first device, but i realized it was the wrong one (using Aeotec HEM G5). Then tried to delete the wrong item and put the correct one, but keep getting that error. Any ideas?

Thanks

Yes , or ask support “if trafri hub is not respondind, add timeout and refresh connection” will surely end this ? i’m with this “bug” with several month and this is driving me crazy

HomeKit: It’s so awkward, a restart of my iOS devices resolved the problem.

Hi,
I added the energy entry to configuration, but that automatically added also the recorder entry (which I didn’t had and I don’t want to use). In addition to that, it looks like that if I manually add the recorder entry to configuration.yaml with only one entity to keep, it will skip this configuration and store everything.
It looks like it is overriding the fact that I don’t have the recorder (or I have a different configuration).
Anyone else has this issue?

Thanks

I had the same question…I think the docs/release notes would benefit from an example - its wasn’t immediately obvious how to convert, but I have added what I did in this post.

1 Like

Same issue for me… It was working perfectly on the previous release of HA.

Fix has been posted to dev. I’ll wait for 2021.8.1

2 Likes

I’m experiencing the same issue. I have submitted the issue here: Honeywell Total Connect integration is only importing one of my thermostats · Issue #18756 · home-assistant/home-assistant.io · GitHub

This may be a rollback-worthy update for me. We heavily use the ability to change the thermostat from HA, and this is so far preventing that.

Hi,
I just updated to 2021.8.0 and I get this error and cannot reboot. Anyone can tell what I have to look for?

Logger: homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection
Source: helpers/check_config.py:225
Integration: Home Assistant WebSocket API (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 16:58:22 (3 occurrences)
Last logged: 17:47:25

[547414341712] '<' not supported between instances of 'SensorEntityDescription' and 'SensorEntityDescription'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 185, in handle_call_service
    await hass.services.async_call(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1491, in async_call
    task.result()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1526, in _execute_service
    await handler.job.target(service_call)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/hassio/__init__.py", line 522, in async_handle_core_service
    errors = await conf_util.async_check_ha_config_file(hass)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config.py", line 908, in async_check_ha_config_file
    res = await check_config.async_check_ha_config_file(hass)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/check_config.py", line 225, in async_check_ha_config_file
    p_validated = platform_schema(p_validated)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 272, in __call__
    return self._compiled([], data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 594, in validate_dict
    return base_validate(path, iteritems(data), out)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 386, in validate_mapping
    cval = cvalue(key_path, value)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/voluptuous/validators.py", line 215, in _run
    return self._exec(self._compiled, value, path)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/voluptuous/validators.py", line 339, in _exec
    v = func(path, v)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 635, in validate_sequence
    cval = validate(index_path, value)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 817, in validate_callable
    return schema(data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/voluptuous/validators.py", line 741, in __call__
    'value must be one of {}'.format(sorted(self.container)))
TypeError: '<' not supported between instances of 'SensorEntityDescription' and 'SensorEntityDescription'

2 Likes

ok, found the source to my error.
I had defined panel_iframe and of course the name of the panel WAS “energy” :slight_smile:

@frenck Is there any documentation on how to configure the cost per kWh? In the part of the US, I live my costs change depending on the month. So I am not sure how I can set this up.

3 Likes

anyone uses the energy thing with p1mon that works? :slight_smile:

I’m guessing it will be fixed shortly. Probably a slight bug with enumeration of thermostats in the list.

Can the UI folks perhaps consider the ability to change/add columns, say in the Devices/Entities lists in Config? It would be helpful to see things like Node ID.

Alarm Decoder binary sensors stop working after upgrade to 2021.8.0. State changes are not detected. Tried deleting and adding zones back, but still no luck. Alarm Panel shows that it is connected (shield with green check). Downgrading to 2021.7.4 resolved behavior with binary sensors, state changes are recognized again and automations work.

1 Like

OMG, I just installed a Shelly 3EM last weekend! Score!

3 Likes

And I’ve been waiting for the siren integration for a while. Excellent work on this release!

Please, give the opportunity to set the approximate consumption of light.

The Energy is a very nice feature together with long-term statistics. Would it be possible to add Gas and/or water usage to the long-term statistics?

3 Likes