2021.8.0: Feel the energy ⚡️

Like @Brent_H, I am using the following sensors:

• Grid consumption: sensor.energy_real_consumed_fronius_meter_0_http_192_168_xxx_xxx
  • Return to grid: sensor.energy_real_produced_fronius_meter_0_http_192_168_xxx_xxx
  • Solar generation: sensor.energy_total_fronius_inverter_1_http_192_168_xxx_xxx

For my setup real produced seems to be total production rather than what has gone to the grid.

Where is the meter in your setup? Mine is at the feed-in point, if yours is not and elsewhere (e.g. between inverter and consumption) then that could explain it.

Or if your inverter is on one phase but consumption on other phases, it would basically export everything to balance out import on the other phases.

Just to confirm - the real_produced_fronius_meter value matches the energy_total_fronius_inverter value?

why i can’t see al 3 phaza on shelly 3em
i have integration shelly
i can see here

Configure grid consumption

Homekit Alarm stop working:

i get also this error en can not find out why has somebody the tip where to shearch ?>

Did anyone get their Growatt solar panels added to the energy management console? I can’t seem to get that working and even though I got to the point that I can add my daily production custom entity (through a template) but it says “Key need to start with energy_”.

Well then post an issue on the issue tracker of that CUSTOM integration.

Hint: custom integrations are not part of HA.

Yale Smart Alarm integration is causing issues.

Example log in the Client thread here:

I have this problem as well. but im not running HA on proxmox. Im running it on pi4.

Youless entities are working now in the new energy management. I put this in my customize.yaml

sensor.youless_net_power_meter:
state_class: measurement
device_class: energy
last_reset: ‘1970-01-01T00:00:00.000000+00:00’

restart and you get then this:
timestamp: 1628245383
unit_of_measurement: kWh
friendly_name: Net Power usage
icon: mdi:gauge
state_class: measurement
device_class: energy
last_reset: 1970-01-01T00:00:00.000000+00:00

Now I can see this in “Configure grid consumption”
Net Power usage
sensor.youless_net_power_meter

1 Like

I’m in the same situation :frowning:

im very lucky to to report that the newest update did fix the problem!

Here too :+1:

Like very much the needle view on the gauge card. Other and more colors would be nice too.
Keep up the good work.

2 Likes

Would be good to have the ability to log/visualise power diverted from excess solar generation that does not go back to grid. For example, amount diverted to battery storage or to domestic hot water.

1 Like

odd I cannot upgrade from core-2021.7.4. Loads of warnings about incompatible schema. I have a 2nd instance with mariadb and that upgraded fine- almost an identical copy.
Nothing in the breaking changes related to my setup.

Suggestions? Anyone else having this issue?

21-08-06 09:08:28 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.updater] Fetching update data from https://version.home-assistant.io/stable.json
21-08-06 09:09:10 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.addon] Add-on core_mariadb new schema is not compatible
21-08-06 09:09:10 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.misc.tasks] Add-on core_mariadb will be ignored, schema tests failed
21-08-06 09:09:10 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.addon] Add-on core_duckdns new schema is not compatible
21-08-06 09:09:10 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.misc.tasks] Add-on core_duckdns will be ignored, schema tests failed
21-08-06 09:09:10 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.addon] Add-on core_samba new schema is not compatible
21-08-06 09:09:10 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.misc.tasks] Add-on core_samba will be ignored, schema tests failed

Just updating mariadb addon to see if that makes a difference.

SUCCESS.
Updated mariadb-rebooted. 2 attempts to upgrade and finally all ok

rpi_camera still dont work with core version 8.1.
I have rolled back to core-2021.7.4 and it work normally, but no luck with core 8.0 and 8.1

1 Like

Did anyone experience the new Energy with Growatt? The integration seem to work, but no statistics are created.

Love the new Energy dashboard! I hope gas consumption will be added soon too.

I have a question regarding energy cost tracking though. I’ve set static prices for my consumption, but what if my prices change (e.g. new contract) and I change my static prices in HA, will my historic pricing remain unchanged? Or will that also (incorrectly) change my historic energy cost?

If historic costs don’t change when changing the price then is there another way to change historic prices? This could be useful if I get new prices but forget to change the price in HA. Lets say I find out I got new prices a month ago, I would want to change the prices in HA from that date instead of today.