2021.8.0: Feel the energy ⚡️

Ow nice, thanks! Does it work already with energy dashboard?
I think it’s missing LAST_RESET attribute, but looked only briefly.

I have set static pricing as well, but all costs stay at 0.00, any idea?

Hi,
since upgrading to 2021.8.0, my RFXTRX receiver stopped working. They are both plugged in to a usb port on my raspberry pi.

RFXTRX gives an error in the log:

Logger: homeassistant.components.rfxtrx
Source: components/rfxtrx/init.py:201
Integration: RFXCOM RFXtrx (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 11:36:41 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 11:36:41

Connection timeout: failed to receive response from RFXtrx device

Have rebooted, restored to 2021.7.0, unplugged the connections, but nothing seems to work…

It can take a few hours for the data to show, be patient.

Same here.

I wonder how you get consumed and produced entity/data. I don’t have those. My config for fronius is
sensor:

- platform: fronius
    resource: http://192.168.1.234
    monitored_conditions:
      - sensor_type: inverter

Saw that and removed the yaml config.

But where are now the values, stored before in the netmonitor as attributes?

E.g.

is_linked
is_connected

I have now only the state connected binary_sensor.fritz_box_7590_connectivity, which was there before as online on top of the attributes is_linked and is_connected.

And where are the port-fowarding switches (switch.fritz_box_7590_port_forward_xyz)? In the breaking changes, only a new way of profiles were announced, but now they are offline/not available anymore.

Anyone have a HomeKit bridge problem after updating the core to 2021.8.X?

When I restart the home assistant core or reload the homekit bridge, my Homepod mini cannot control all of the devices via the homekit bridge.
I need to restart my homepod and everything become normal again.

I don’t want to reboot my HomePod after restarting the home assistant core.

I rollback the HA core version to 2021.7.4 and everything becomes normal again. My homepod can controll all of the devices via homekit bridge after the restart.

It’s running since yesterday and I have usage, just no costs.
Screenshot from 2021-08-06 19-11-17

And just after posting, there is movement… LOL
Screenshot from 2021-08-06 19-23-04

Is this energy card shows real-time status of generation/usage or its whole day status based on total generated/used? I am seeing those 3 dot moving all the time regardless of house is pulling energy from grid or pushing to grid.

eh… Well, yes and no. :slight_smile: My HA reads the P1-port of my energy meter here, wireless that is, but i use an ESP8266 for this and ESPHome. So yes, i use HA for my energy meter, but no, i do not use that new p1mon-integration. :slight_smile:

Good idea. I use an ESP and ESPhome for this, would be nice to be able to hook them up to this integration. :slight_smile:

You need to add the meter sensor type (if you have the Fronius smart meter), the inverter will only give you the generation value.

Whole day. You would need a card that showed real time power values (like the power-wheel-card in HACS) for an instantaneous view.

1 Like

@Steve61 @sschouten
I just updated to 2021.8.3 and it’s now working fine.
I think this fixed it: Fix sensor PLATFORM_SCHEMA for ebox and enphase_envoy by mib1185 · Pull Request #54142 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

I am having the same issue with the AlarmDecoder sensor states no longer working. Rolling back fixes them. Extremely frustrating. Hopefully we can get a fix.

1 Like

Check github issues first. Alarm Decoder Binary Sensors not reporting state changes · Issue #54119 · home-assistant/core (github.com)

1 Like

So overnight the energy dashboard also had some phantom generation and export, without the underlying sensor values changing. It seems as though there is a baseline 0.03 kWh that are going on to generation and export. On the “Solar Production” graph there is nothing recorded overnight.

Yes I have just done the update to 8.3 and that sensor platform fix @mib1185 did overnight appears to have fixed the problem. He was focussing on the Enphase Envoy integration, but so far it looks like it has fixed a lot of other integrations using sensors.

My Ecowitt weather station now appears to be loading and reporting - I was getting error messages and it would not load with 8.2 and below. Oddly, I was not having a problem with my Enphase system, even though that triggered the fix.

The only issue is that all the data from the last 12 hours is just way off. It’s telling me I was producing power from my solar panels at 03:00 and was using a lot of power. The temps from the Ecowitt and AC system sensors just flatlined at 20-degrees. They all look like they are coming back, but the historic readings from just about every sensor will be meaningless for the next 24 hours.

Thanks! I’m new here and will be sure to do that first next time!