2021.8.0: Feel the energy ⚡️

Love the update, thanks for all the work.

I don’t have solar but I do track device usage and total usage of electricity. Got a couple of qs:

1. Is there a way, perhaps in the future, to allow the energy stat graph to include gas use as well as electricity? Perhaps with a seperate sidebar graphic of the ‘gas grid’? It’d be good to see together, e.g. to see where heating 1 room with an electric fire might be better than the gas central heating, etc. I could make a view of my own for most of this (not sure about the energy cost) - but wondered if it’d help others too. ie there are 22m gas central heating systems in the UK!

2. Can I add the energy dashboard to a view in another dashboard - my wall tablets dont have the sidebar showing by default and I’d love a quick way to navigate to the dash (and back) without side-swiping?

Kindly read one of my previous comments, a github issue has been made. Sounds like you have the same issue.

1 Like

Done the same with Xiaomi Zigbee, Tuya V2 and Sonoff switches - seems to be working

Unfortunately I don’t see my Youless entities in the new energy management. I tried the youless custum from hacs and I tried the new Youless integration. Also in the new Youless integration my energy and gas templates don’t work. So back too the custom Youless from hacs.

Ok thanks, I figure it out with the help from DeanoX who gave me a helpful link: WLED and Presets / Select

It would be really helpful if in the future we could get an example what need to be changed. Not everyone on here is a professional coder.

Hope this helps others how struggle as well, I change this:

- service: wled.preset
      target:
        entity_id: 
          - light.wled_uc
      data:
        preset: '1'

into this:

- service: select.select_option
      target:
        entity_id: 
          - select.wled_uc_preset
      data:
        option: "TV Light"

The option needs to be the name you gave the preset you want to select, the preset number cannot be used.

4 Likes

Is anyone tracking the bug in the Honeywell integration?

Should this be added to the “breaking changes” section in the release notes?

I have the same issue.

Is anyone tracking the bug in the Honeywell integration?

Typo. Yes i think there is.

1 Like

Regarding energy/info: i’ve setup the energy dashboard 2 hours ago, but no data flowing in. I think it’s related to this error. I’m using the DSMR Slimme Meter for grid consumption. I’m using two TP-Link HS110 plus one Shelly 2.5 as “individual devices” (all three setup as “total” kWh sensors).

You can do this yourself, I did it here

On the new energy view, I have had to create a fake solar export to get my solar to actually show up in the top energy view. I am assuming after the hour passes it should then be able to do the self consumption and grid neutrality bits.

I have zero export on my solar but without adding something in the export option in the energy config it doesn’t show solar on the top as self consumption.

Is that correct ?

EDIT

I can confirm that worked, I now have the self consumed etc but still no pricing coming through, any ideas, they are configured as static pricing for the onpeak offpeak.

1 Like

I have the emporia vue 2, and I’m planning on using the cloud based integration to work with this until a local integration is available.

1 Like

Hello,

I have Toon but also the “Zon module”, I can select this in the drop down menu. Can someone tell me how to do this.

{
                "entity_id": "sensor.solar_energy_produced_today",
                "config_entry_id": "aebb4a3c48b59a82448d2aa5b4cc28fd",
                "device_id": "b09bd906b4d8f3107ebd03a5cc3973bf",
                "area_id": null,
                "unique_id": "toon_11547_sensor_power_usage_day_produced_solar",
                "platform": "toon",
                "name": null,
                "icon": null,
                "disabled_by": null,
                "capabilities": {
                    "state_class": "measurement"
                },
                "supported_features": 0,
                "device_class": "energy",
                "unit_of_measurement": "kWh",
                "original_name": "Solar Energy Produced Today",
                "original_icon": "mdi:solar-power"
            },

With kind regards,

Peter

i’ve got the same problem with youless

I’m seeing the same thing with my setup too. Used to maybe have to reload the integration once or twice, or restart HA but that doesn’t seem to be working with this update. I have several TP-Link Kasa devices that are unavailable.

I don’t know if its only me but I updated to 2021.8.0 and I don’t have access to the energy panel.

When I try the redirect on Link to Energy Configuration – My Home Assistant towards my instance

I keep getting 404: Not Found

And I can confirm the instance URL I provided is correct for it opens my local lovelace interface.

Also on the home-assistant log I see the following message every 10 minutes or so:

2021-08-05 15:20:18 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection] [139621934090704] Received invalid command: energy/get_prefs

Any ideas?

Update: I was missing the energy: entry on my configuration.yaml.

Do you have default_config: in your configuration? If not, you need to add energy: to configuration.yaml.

See breaking changes on fritz_netmonitor …

Thank you, that solved my problem. Was missing the energy: entry on my configuration.yaml.

After Upgrading to 2021.8.0 my garmin connect no longer worked in HA. I found the following in release notes.

Farewell to the following

The following integrations are no longer available as of this release:

• Garmin Connect has been removed. Due to API changes, it stopped working and cannot function without violating Home Assistant design rules. Garmin will not allow open source projects to their official APIs. (@cyberjunky - #52808) (garmin_connect docs)

I made sure everything was gone from HACS, Integrations and /home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components related to garmin_connect. Everytime I start home assistant I receive the following Notifacation
Invalid config
The following integrations and platforms could not be set up:
garmin_connect

I see 2 errors in the log as follows
Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: setup.py:173
First occurred: 11:53:29 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 11:53:29 AM

Setup failed for garmin_connect: Integration not found.

2021-08-05 11:53:29 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for garmin_connect: Integration not found.

Can anyone tell me how to get rid of this?

I did something silly. The energy/info error dissapeared two hours after removing the DSMR sensors sensor.energy_consumption_tarif_1 and sensor.energy_consumption_tarif_2 from the recorder exclude list in configuration.yaml, and restarting home assistant. The dashboard is also populating now.
I’ll close the issue.

@all: if you have the same issue: please make sure that you have a valid energy sensor populating the recorder.

1 Like