2021.9.0: More energy, USB discovery, template ❤️

I have tried twice to upgrade to 2021.9.1 then 2021.9.2 using the following commands. sudo su -s /bin/bash homeassistant, source /srv/homeassistant/bin/activate, pip3 install --upgrade homeassistant. All of the outputs say the installation completed but when I try to connect with the browser (http://192.168.1.17:8123/lovelace-yaml/default_view) I never connect. When I reinstall 2021.8.8 with pip3 install homeassistant==2021.8.8 every thing works. Any help would be appreciated.

You need to read the startup messages and see if there are any errors.

Since the new update something in the yeelight section is broken! It seems they are not syncing exactly anymore. My Lamps show me that the nightlight/moonlight is on even the lamp is off.

I downgraded back to 2021.8.5 and it worked perfectly again

To clarify: in the states “night_light:” its always true and so the binary sensor :confused:
I can deactivate it manually in the yeelight app but if i use the moonlight mode again i’m in a loop!

And yet you present no logs or useful information?

I did the same thing, I have numbers this morning.

And I haven’t got any errors in the logs, so hopefully all good.

I have also integrated my E3DC via Morbus integration into home assistant.
To use the provided information in the new Energy dashboard you need to create some additional sensors specifically for grid import/export and battery charge/discharge like it is specified in this thread.
Following you must use the Riemann integration to convert the values from power to energy.
However at the moment I am not fully satisfied with the accuracy, of the provided values. This may come due to the different pullrates, but I have not further investigated so far. The official E3DC is updated only every 15 minutes, where as the Modbus integration pulls the values every minute.
The values visible at the E3DC Webinterface Match the values on my meter perfectly.

With 2021.9.3 my Shelly is back :grinning: Thanks Team.

Hi, since 2021.9.x my interactive floorplan reloads every 2 to 5 seconds (and getting those blue waiting circles on every button for a second.

Does anyone has a solution for that?

Do you have any messages in your log, maybe check the logbook as well see if devices are going online/offline

I’m running supervised on rp4b-8G on Ubuntu 21.04 (with nothing else), and with core 2021.9.[2,3] , the homeassistant container stays up for only about 15 minutes and then just quits without any error. I tried to restart it a few times (ha core start), which brings it back, but not for long. Reverting to 2021.8.8 made it stable again.

ha core update --version 2021.8.8

don’t mind the custom_component loglines, that’s some custom fiddled component, that I’m running for ages, so it’s no error indication.

pvh@rp4:~$ docker logs -f homeassistant
2021-09-05 00:06:44 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.tasmota_zigbee] Updating subdevice [wleak_veranda] sensor [Endpoint] to value [1] entity [sensor.tzb_wleak_veranda_Endpoint]
2021-09-05 00:06:44 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.tasmota_zigbee] Updating subdevice [wleak_veranda] sensor [LinkQuality] to value [89] entity [sensor.tzb_wleak_veranda_LinkQuality]
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] waiting for services.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting.
pvh@rp4:~$ 

I’m sorry I don’t have a solution, but a question. This is so beautiful, :heart_eyes: what did you draw that with ?

Same, numbers are back !!
Thanks for the walkthrough :slight_smile:

Hello after updating Home Assistant already from version 2021.9.1, but also going with version 2021.9.2 and 2021.9.3 the “device tracker” function that works on the IP address and MAC address of my and my wife’s mobile phones and that it let you know when you and / or I were in the house that everything was working and that if we both left the house it allowed the automatic shutdown of all the lights in the house and when one of the two or both returned home it automatically turned on two lights as an entrance and salon, it no longer works !!! In order for everything to work again I had to go back to version 2021.8.8

Could you check if in the new versions of Home Assistant any changes have caused errors that make the device traker function no longer work?

Thanks for the attention

Ubuntu has not been supported for over a year. Maybe time to switch to the supported Debian ?

1 Like

If you are talking about the nmap tracker, yes, a new one has been created and the old one no longer works. It was in the release notes. Just update ‘person’ to use the new one.

Thank You Francis, Can you help me or direct what to do or read the info you told me to find?

configuration → people

In case this question has been missed by the one you has the anwer

1 Like

Thank you Francis
Best Regard
Claudio

Zha is the only officially supported zigbee integration so it will be the only option presented by default.

1 Like