2021.9.0: More energy, USB discovery, template ❤️

Wouldn’t touch it just yet personally

Since the update I see the following error message in the Energy Dashboard Settings under Electricity Grid:

Unexpected unit of measurement
The following entities do not have the expected units of measurement 'EUR/kWh' or 'EUR/Wh':
* sensor.price_per_kwh (€)

The value of the price per kWh sensor is 0.24
Any ideas why it is now complaining about this value? Is it a bug?

What are your currency units set to?

Couldn’t help myself so I upgraded and all is well on my RPI4.

2 Likes

Thank you for your service!
Good to know Pi4 is good. Might be a Pi3 issue then.

Hi, I’m using efergy integration to get my solar panel production but I can’t add the sensor to the energy tab, it simply isn’t available in the drop down. I was hoping that this release would resolve the issue but still nothing.

Can anyone help?

You mean the currency unit that can be set under General Configuration? This is set to EUR

Another seamless upgrade for me, great work team!

1 Like

thanks @nickrout understood it now I had to change the unit_of_measurement for the price per kWh sensor to EUR/kWh. Everything works now.

Thanks for the upgrade good work team!

Upgrade’s gone missing from the supervisor panel.

1 Like

I’ve reproduced it on a pi3 but the machine itself is not bootlooping. Core is restarting. It’s being described incorrectly.

1 Like

What platform?

You could setup a RPi camera and this.

Yeah that makes troubleshooting harder when the problem is not accurately described :frowning:

same. Thought I was going crazy for a second. Interestingly, Check HA config add-on still detects it

Assuming that there is a power source and that a network is viable!

Yeah, at 150m away I doubt it’s going to be easy

It’s my first time that after updating the HA version is displayed incorrectly.
https://version.home-assistant.io/stable.json still shows 2021.8.8. Will this be corrected or is a new bug report needed?

LoRa perhaps, but we’re getting more complex now.

This is the interesting point however and not blaming anyone for anything by this statement but if this project wants to reach more people and have that version 1.0 feeling to it then we need a better process.

We have people here following documentation or YouTube videos blindly to setup their home automation system in their house. Home Assistant is their choice and what they do with it is up to them - fine. What needs to happen though is maybe more guidance for people on how do I report these issues.

At the moment people copy and paste logs for which most people won’t understand the content. Then we have support on a random blog post on the Home Assistant forum.

The counter argument is “you didn’t pay a dime for this” which correct but what I am really talking about is maybe a better process. Appreciate tech support isn’t a thing but when your average Joe hits ‘update’ and everything stops what do you expect from them?

1 Like