2022.10: All over the place

I live on the very edge of a city. 200m to the nearest field. Have esp32 (esphome) with external antenna setup just from last week. I don’t know if its that which is pulling in every bluetooth device or my RPI3B+. I don’t own anything apple other than a 13 year old ipod nano.

1 Like

if you are referring to the android app, there is a PR in progress for adding the name.

1 Like

was there an announcement that zwavejs2mqtt was changing to zwave js ui ??

I have problems with the aqara sensors after updating to 2022.10, the sensors are loaded correctly but when for example I press a button or open / close a door it does not change the status, reinstalling 2022.9 everything works correctly.
I checked the breaking changes and it does not affect anything xiaomi aqara, but by checking I saw that the aqara version of home assistant 2022.10 uses:

PyXiaomiGateway == 0.14.1

the version 2022.9 uses

PyXiaomiGateway == 0.13.4

Has this problem happened to anyone else?

1 Like

come-on. really?

yes but nothing official that I’ve seen:

It probably deserves it’s own blog announcement tho.

1 Like

Z-Wave JS UI is a third party application. Not sure why HA would dedicate a blog post on the subject. If you’re using the community add-on the switch was automatic. If you don’t use the add-ons, then you should be following their project for updates. Aside from the quoted post, their communication channels are GitHub and Slack.

There’s also a mention of it on the integration docs. https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/zwave_js/#what-happened-to-zwavejs2mqtt-or-the-z-wave-js-to-mqtt-add-on

1 Like

Don’t feed the troll.

4 Likes

Yes I’m aware that it’s 3rd party I run my own install, but HA requires the latest release, which has since change from zwave2mqtt to zwave-js-ui. my upgrade path is via automation, which didn’t work because it changed. if they are requiring a specific version, it would have been nice to get a heads up in the breaking changes section.

1 Like

thanks for that, I don’t check the forums all the time. would have liked to see that in the breaking notes section for zwave. but no big deal. switch was easy enough.

The breaking changes does have notes regarding new Z-Wave application requirements. It doesn’t mention the rename specifically, but that should have been a clue. It lists the specific versions of software required. Sorry it wasn’t explicit enough for you, but at least you were able to figure it out.

You should have also gotten a repair notice informing of the upgrade requirement.

1 Like

Forgot about that: they don’t work (yet) with the proxies, because they require an active connection. So for now only used using the BT hardware built in or an adapter.

Active is on the way though, believe next esphome update will support that on the proxies

I did not see anything in the repair notice. but I run a core only install. so perhaps that is why.
I do all my upgrades via automation. so a version bump is accounted for and automated. a complete re-name, URL’s gone. etc. breaks that process. just saying would have been nice to see that in the BC section. I see someone posted a PSA 2 weeks ago in the forum but I missed that post.

THANK YOU for subviews! I have been waiting for something like this for a long time. My use case is 15 smart RGB wafer lights. I currently have a button that controls them all together but have always wanted an easy way to jump to a subview to control them separately.

@CentralCommand is one person who gives heaps of help.

I looked at your issues. I don’t have this problem. I have a supervised install on debian 11 per the supervised rules. Appdaemon runs fine via the addon.

The docs for the addon say

Please note, the add-on is pre-configured to connect with Home Assistant. There is no need to create access tokens or to set your Home Assistant URL in the AppDaemon configuration.

This automatic handling of the URL and token conflicts with the AppDaemon official documentation. The official documentation will state ha_url and token options are required. For the add-on, however, this isn’t needed.

Given that your github issue specifies that you have configured some stuff that might conflict with those docs, but is hard to say as you don’t properly post your yaml.

This line looks wrong. Why would you set the url to an internet address? dash_url: http://182.100.0.15:5050

True but seeing that zwave is a major integration and a lot of people use zwavejs2mqtt I wouldn’t think it would be that out of the question to simply give everyone a heads up.

1 Like

The update is already out Release 2022.9.3 · esphome/esphome · GitHub

SolarEdge here. Nothing wrong with Energy Dashboard

Hi to everyone,
yesterday I have updated the Core to the last version 2022.10, all works on my intergarions, exept Tuya.
I tried to reboot, to restart the service, to unistal and re-install the Tuya integration, but none of my wifi curtain switches or bulbs/lamps can be controlled anymore. In the integradion says taht all this device are disabled… I do not know how to solve… can someone help me?

Hi

I´am tracking my phone and MiBand 4 with ESPresense and would like to switch to Bluetooth proxy but it only shows the UUID from my phone and ignores the MiBand.
Did the MAC adresses just show up in your list or did you do something in your config to show UUID AND Mac?