2022.10: All over the place

I’m having a new issue with google calendar not loading

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 281, in _async_setup_platform
    await asyncio.shield(task)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/google/calendar.py", line 132, in async_setup_entry
    calendars = await hass.async_add_executor_job(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 58, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/google/__init__.py", line 313, in load_config
    for calendar in data:
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable

Anyone else have issues with Switchbot curtains after this update? I have two curtains setup to work together for a center split curtain. Previously opening the curtain would make both sides open together as they should, but after the update controlling from Home Assistant only controls one of the curtains.

Really? That would be great news. The last time I checked the system was in a healthy state when I ran into this issue. But just now it isn’t. It would be so nice that this is the problem right now. Thanks for pointing it out.

Are you running bulleye too?

I have the ibeacon from my phone showing up, would be nice if it pulled in the device name.

The big issue is it goes unavailable every minute or so and stays that way, anyone else seeing this?

Is the expectation for this that we can build room tracking off of this?

2 Likes

What’s happening with the timers? I get this error now for automations:

(automation.kantoor_licht_aan_bij_motion) has an action that calls an unknown service: timer.start.

System is healthy again but I saw you’re on supervisor 2022.10.0 while i’m still on 2022.9.1 and I didn’t get a message to update yet.
But the issue with AppDaemon still exists.

Yes I am. But I saw you are running an older version of Docker. I’m on 20.10.18. Might that be the difference. Ans did you check the log of AppDaemon. Mine also looks like it’s running.

Never looked at the appdeamon logs, just the logs provided by the addon. I dropped appdeamon a bit ago, I was just looking at the install. I’d have to check when I get home to see what the AD logs had.

I must admit that I don’t use a Bluetooth proxy (yet) but they are discovered within ten seconds when using a built-in Bluetooth adapter.

Hi, is there more documentation for the new Subviews feature than the 1 sentence in the release notes? It mentions “…for example, a navigation action on a button”, but I’m too stupid to figure out how to do that so I was looking for the documentation page like all the other features have which usually have a working example I can adapt, but found nothing.

Thanks.

Could you send a link? I can’t find any Amazon listing that isn’t marked as unavailable.

There are a few Lovelace cards that let you specify “Tap actions” that are triggered when you click/tap on them. The Button card is the most common one. Here is a screenshot of the config for a button that will take you to a subview:

The Area card also lets you specify a tap action, and so do the Picture cards.

1 Like

It,s simply a frontend card with a navigation service call, e. g.m

type: button
tap_action:
  action: navigate
  navigation_path: path/to/your/view

1 Like

Its probably from this change SwitchBot Curtain cannot be controlled (states are read correctly though) · Issue #78175 · home-assistant/core · GitHub Bump pySwitchbot to 0.19.11 by bdraco · Pull Request #78857 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

It looks like it fixed the issue for some and broke dual curtain setups.

Unfortunately we don’t have way to detect which are the right commands to send based on how the device is configured

If you can get Open Wonder Labs to update the docs with a way to detect which commands to send at GitHub - OpenWonderLabs/SwitchBotAPI-BLE: SwitchBot BLE open API we can try again to make it work for both setups.

Thank you, that’s exactly what I needed to see I understand now, I have many places where I use tap_action: already I just didn’t make the association it is that from the description in release notes.

yup, I am seeing this…

2 Likes

I’m on Android (Samsung S22), maybe it’s an added feature of Android LOL

Submitted a request to Open Wonder Labs: Curtain BLE designation of dual vs single curtain setup · Issue #11 · OpenWonderLabs/SwitchBotAPI-BLE · GitHub

LOL. I’m picking up my neighbours Bluetooth toothbrushes.

2 Likes