2022.10: All over the place

Probably you are right. I myself never got (so far) into situation when I need to change ASAP something - due to limited possibilities of my HA setup. But on my iPhone 5S (640×1136) it will be quite a challenge to fix a problem… Currently I only manage to open AnyDesk, login to remote home PC, then start Putty, then start SSH session and type something in a console (like “sudo docker stop HA”).

Are any of the BT iBeacons listed in the integration available from a European/EU retailer? Alternatively, did anyone try the integration with an iBeacon available in Europe/EU?

Thanks!

yeah, it’s a bit of a mystery yet whether eg Samsung Smart tags or the Tiles will be supported. I did see several carkits and Traffic spotters registered, along with a few Fitbits of passersby :wink:

What would be the generic usecase for these beacons. They’re not accurate enough to allow for room presence, and we should use them for in/out of home mainly. I know when my Bins (4 of them) are out, as I do for my car.

What else would be useful to add to HA logic?

Anybody else uses a promity sensor as a numeric trigger getting these warnings on startup and automation reload now? Automation still triggers fine. Warnings are new, nothing has changed on my end. Didn’t see anything in the release notes.

WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.homeassistant.triggers.numeric_state] Error initializing '[Notify] Presence LED Notification' trigger: In 'numeric_state' condition: entity proximity.sphone_home state 'not set' cannot be processed as a number

- platform: numeric_state
  entity_id:
    - proximity.jphone_home
    - proximity.sphone_home
  below: 4 # km

Unfortunately, looks like the broken import of the Pushover configuration from 2022.9 is still broken in 2022.10.0. At least, the Pushover UI still does not allow any manipulation of any configuration settings.

Any thoughts on this? Am I best deleting this and starting over, rather than persisting with the automated import, or do I need to reset this to get it to reattempt the import with 2022.10?

I’ve tried to update but it seems that updating the core my automations report issues, downgrading solves the isssue bu now I’m stuck to 2022.9.7.
If someone’s having the same issue please report here 2022.10 core update broke automations

Could you please check your energy dashboard? Is it only me?
I keep energy usage in kWh but inverter provides production in Wh. It was working until now bt today its not considering its different unit and I have:
Really I did not produce 5700 kWh today.

OK here, but I have a simpler config:

OK also with such setup:

I have the same issue since 2022.10, but not only for today. All the graphs are messed up now, I have 4.500.000 kWh this year, instead of 4.500 kWh. Solaredge by chance?

Edit: reported an issue on github, feel free to add to it:

uhm, where is the entity_id dropdown:

yaml seems ok:

I have the same problem, begun today

ESPHome allows you to generate a iBeacon. Works flawlessly for me.

I use one the other way round. Opening a door when I approach it. Using iOS app geofency to fire a webhook when I approach it.

right, a fixed beacon. thats smart ofc :wink: how does the iOS fire a web hook? Id love to give that a try.

The app that allows to fire a webhook based on zones or iBeacons is called Geofency.

Works flawless.

You can either act on the webhooks directly or do something like that:

I do not understand why webhooks do not fire events by their own.
There shall be a list of known webhooks to prevent DOS but then just convert them to events.
I might change my code to derive the event name to be the first part of the hook up until a ‚-‘, e.g.

Edit: added a WTH on that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do you happen to know of an equivalent android app? I have searched the play store, but there are dozens of apps. I could test a whole lot of them, but if anyone can point me in the right direction…

I had the same issue on my phone app. Restarting the app fixed the issue. Maybe clear (browser) cache?

After updating to Version 10.0 I’m getting an error that I need to upgrade to 9.0! What gives?

1. That’s not an error
  2. You updated Core, that message is about the Operating System