2022.10: All over the place

uhm, where is the entity_id dropdown:

yaml seems ok:

I have the same problem, begun today

ESPHome allows you to generate a iBeacon. Works flawlessly for me.

I use one the other way round. Opening a door when I approach it. Using iOS app geofency to fire a webhook when I approach it.

right, a fixed beacon. thats smart ofc :wink: how does the iOS fire a web hook? Id love to give that a try.

The app that allows to fire a webhook based on zones or iBeacons is called Geofency.

Works flawless.

You can either act on the webhooks directly or do something like that:

I do not understand why webhooks do not fire events by their own.
There shall be a list of known webhooks to prevent DOS but then just convert them to events.
I might change my code to derive the event name to be the first part of the hook up until a ‚-‘, e.g.

Edit: added a WTH on that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do you happen to know of an equivalent android app? I have searched the play store, but there are dozens of apps. I could test a whole lot of them, but if anyone can point me in the right direction…

I had the same issue on my phone app. Restarting the app fixed the issue. Maybe clear (browser) cache?

After updating to Version 10.0 I’m getting an error that I need to upgrade to 9.0! What gives?

1. That’s not an error
  2. You updated Core, that message is about the Operating System

It is indeed browser cache. Reload the web page helps.

The Google Sheets integration is awesome! It’s nice to be able to quickly write some info to a sheet so I can review it later.

wow, this is quite something. It must be the most cautiously written paragraph in the full HA interface, trying to touch all and not forget anything…:
For a second I thought this was an April 1 prank… wont prevent from starting… :wink:

Aware why this has become what is has become, why don’t we change that Check configuration to Check Yaml syntax, and if ok return 'Yaml syntax is ok`.

It would also immediately make clear why this is on this (Yaml) page

In a second line we could point user to the advised way of real config checking: Terminal and ha core check

1 Like

Wow, i guess i misse something in recent update.
How did you connect it to HA? Via Bluetooth?

I have Nanoleaf Essential LED strip but workin over bluetooth it has a massive delay (like 10sec).

Thanks

1 Like

Just upgraded to 2022.10 and getting the following timer error which was not present on 2022.9.6. No changes to config.

Any help is appreciated or I’ll be rolling back as I use the timers religiously.

Running the following on dedicated intel NUC:

Home Assistant 2022.10.0
Supervisor 2022.09.1
Operating System 9.0
Frontend 20221005.0 - latest

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: helpers/collection.py:182
First occurred: 8:43:59 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 8:43:59 AM

Error during setup of component timer
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py", line 235, in _async_setup_component
    result = await task
  File "/config/custom_components/timer/__init__.py", line 144, in async_setup
    await yaml_collection.async_load(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/collection.py", line 211, in async_load
    await self.notify_changes(change_sets)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/collection.py", line 161, in notify_changes
    await asyncio.gather(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/collection.py", line 418, in _collection_changed
    for entity in await asyncio.gather(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/collection.py", line 375, in _add_entity
    entities[change_set.item_id] = collection.create_entity(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/collection.py", line 182, in create_entity
    return entity_class.from_yaml(config)
AttributeError: 'function' object has no attribute 'from_yaml'

except, it doesn’t. Is it now an official functionality, then I can raise a github issue

Refresh the page.

The selector was updated to allow multiple entities.

service: zwave_js.refresh_value
data:
  entity_id:
    - switch.in_wall_toggle_switch_500s

If you use a list instead it works. The “fill example data” needs to be update. Either input will still work in automations.

homeassistant updates are always broken.

Submit an issue to that repo.