2022.10: All over the place

it’s very similar (in a way how devs does not think about ways their software is going to be used) but it’s not the same.

You cannot delete device until are added. not added devices may be only ignored. Of course there is no option to selectively ignore devices (you can ignore all afaik. Edit: you can’t, you can show/hide all ignored, but ignore must be done per device)
my point is that you are notified about every recognized device even if you don’t wish to add them. moreover battery powered devices appear in the network randomly. so you need to attempt ignoring devices several times.

It seemed to me similar to what you have reported above.

I’m tired reporting it again and again. Devs (and some mods) see mo problem in such approach

I happen to have one online here…
How could I try what you are suggesting? Need the Matter add-on for that I suppose? I have had that in the alpha/beta phase, but no HomePod was ‘discovered’ at that moment in time.

not sure about the active BT proxy effectiveness when I see:

before, it switched between my Usb extender and regular Usb hardware in the miniPc, showing changes between -43 and -80 and a bit.

Now, after having reflashed the Olimex BT Proxy and updated the EspHome add-on, its constantly on this extreme low number… well, got to be honest, it also shows -90 dBm.

see: Adopted POE proxy remains in Dashboard as 'Discovered', and doesnt do 'Active' · Issue #329 · esphome/dashboard · GitHub

Thank you, I have a much better understanding now. So the only real reason for a SkyConnect when you already have at least one border router on the network, would be for Thread’s ability to reorganise the network in the event that a border router goes down.

Hi everybody, I report a big problem with ZHA integration following the upgrade to version 2022.10.1.
Unfortunately, ZHA no longer loads and this error is recorded in the logs:

[0xA084:1:0x0006]: async_initialize: all attempts have failed: [DeliveryError('Request failed after 5 attempts: <Status.MAC_NO_ACK: 233>'), DeliveryError('Request failed after 5 attempts: <Status.MAC_NO_ACK: 233>'), DeliveryError('Request failed after 5 attempts: <Status.MAC_NO_ACK: 233>'), DeliveryError('Request failed after 5 attempts: <Status.MAC_NO_ACK: 233>')]
2 Likes

Kinda

The Sky Connect itself can be used to turn a linux machine(Including home assistant OS) into a border gateway/hub itself(I think it may also only be used for control, i will check), so its also useful if you dont have a hub at all. But It will also be helpful in providing annother gateway off the thread network incase the other one fails

2 Likes

For me I finally am able to get my curtains working native (without the ESP solution). I did notice I can indeed control them as single curtains. I actually looked at it as a good thing you can control them separate once I thought about it more. If I want to close both I can do that in automations and all, but also now worked in some automations that work more individual. Like keeping one curtain open if a door or window is still open or somebody opens a door that only one curtain opens.

May be very specific. I hope that if its fixed that they act as duo curtains you also keep individual control. To keep above mentioned use-cases working :slight_smile:

Nah its ok,
Only homekit uses thread on Homepods at the moment as matter isnt fully out.

im still in the process of reading(and understanding) the matter spec, but from a base level, what i understand matter is used much in the same way as homekit is used over thread, as a application protcol, which allows a phone or home assistant to directly address the device and use

I like the sub cards. However, its really annoying that they don’t scroll to the top.

If the calling card is halfway down a scroll, the navigation to the sub card will also be half way then you need to scroll up. :expressionless:

I was previously doing similar to these sub-cards with card-mod popups instead (fullscreen) but this is better minus the scrolling issue.

Is there a way (card-mod? javascript?) to tell it to scoll to the top when nav to a sub card?

1 Like

And today it also started at my end (look closely at the difference in notation between imported electricity vs solar production). I do not see this producing any other issue except a cosmetic one.

Upgraded to 2022.10.1 today and immediately reconfigured my start page to something more thumb friendly using sub-panels.
I already love it! Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

That’s a good point. I added the other curtain and changed all my automations/scripts to target both curtains and everything is back to working. A little more painful, but at least it works.

1 Like

Am I the only one with the Home Assistant Supervisor integration that has disappeared from the integration page?
All entities still there but the integration is not displayed anymore

Hi guys,

I am still working with Mosquitto broker MQTT because I stil have some Sonoff devices with Tasmota.

After I push the Core update did not work anymore so I had to restore to the previews version.

Any ideas way?

Thank you

Not without logs.

Same here. The integration is not listed anymore. Is it normal?

I don’t think so. I have open an issue in core but I wonder if it’s not a frontend issue.

Just have to say that I updated to 2022.10.1 today and it is fantastic! The sub-panels are awesome for my mobile dashboard.

Great work!

1 Like

I don’t know when it happened, but Supervisor has been “missing” from my sidebar for a few version iterations, and I don’t miss it. What do you want to do from the Supervisor tab that you can’t do from the UI?

1 Like

It is the integration that we are talking about. This one. Home Assistant Supervisor - Home Assistant

Since some time recently it has disappeared from the integrations page Open your Home Assistant instance and show your integrations. , although it is still operative.