2022.10: All over the place

How can you tell?

My energy graphs are messed up now, they seem to ignore uom, 4 kw are less than 800w now apparently

I have two iBeacon devices. And I have 4 ESP32 devices running software I wrote myself reporting when they detect the iBeacon and also report when they are out of range. It reports via mqtt and all is good.

I wanted to try the iBeacon feature for the fun of it and setup a new ESP32 device with ESPHome

And yes both iBeacons are detected and entities created.

BUT I have carried one of them away from my home twice today. Very far away and for a long time. But the iBeacon integration reported the device as home the entire day. There seem to be a mechanism missing reporting the individual iBeacons as not home when they have not been seen for a given period. So for the moment it is my good old homebrewed software that does the job. The iBeacon integration does not work as it is intended yet.

4 Likes

perfect smile
They have lovely teeth.

2 Likes

Subviews for dashboards.

34 dashboard tabs reduced to just 1.

Just loving this new feature.

Thought I’d take a break to thank all developers for another super new release.

3 Likes

They do see to come and go on Amazon but this is the bigger version that also works here

1 Like

The brushes show up as ibeacons or?

When I click on them they are showing us as unavailable now.

Oh wow, you get more than the uuid. Must be nice

I live on the very edge of a city. 200m to the nearest field. Have esp32 (esphome) with external antenna setup just from last week. I don’t know if its that which is pulling in every bluetooth device or my RPI3B+. I don’t own anything apple other than a 13 year old ipod nano.

1 Like

if you are referring to the android app, there is a PR in progress for adding the name.

1 Like

was there an announcement that zwavejs2mqtt was changing to zwave js ui ??

I have problems with the aqara sensors after updating to 2022.10, the sensors are loaded correctly but when for example I press a button or open / close a door it does not change the status, reinstalling 2022.9 everything works correctly.
I checked the breaking changes and it does not affect anything xiaomi aqara, but by checking I saw that the aqara version of home assistant 2022.10 uses:

PyXiaomiGateway == 0.14.1

the version 2022.9 uses

PyXiaomiGateway == 0.13.4

Has this problem happened to anyone else?

1 Like

come-on. really?

yes but nothing official that I’ve seen:

It probably deserves it’s own blog announcement tho.

1 Like

Z-Wave JS UI is a third party application. Not sure why HA would dedicate a blog post on the subject. If you’re using the community add-on the switch was automatic. If you don’t use the add-ons, then you should be following their project for updates. Aside from the quoted post, their communication channels are GitHub and Slack.

There’s also a mention of it on the integration docs. https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/zwave_js/#what-happened-to-zwavejs2mqtt-or-the-z-wave-js-to-mqtt-add-on

1 Like

Don’t feed the troll.

4 Likes

Yes I’m aware that it’s 3rd party I run my own install, but HA requires the latest release, which has since change from zwave2mqtt to zwave-js-ui. my upgrade path is via automation, which didn’t work because it changed. if they are requiring a specific version, it would have been nice to get a heads up in the breaking changes section.

1 Like

thanks for that, I don’t check the forums all the time. would have liked to see that in the breaking notes section for zwave. but no big deal. switch was easy enough.

The breaking changes does have notes regarding new Z-Wave application requirements. It doesn’t mention the rename specifically, but that should have been a clue. It lists the specific versions of software required. Sorry it wasn’t explicit enough for you, but at least you were able to figure it out.

You should have also gotten a repair notice informing of the upgrade requirement.

1 Like