2022.11: A heck of a release!

I was merely acknowledging the level of support you have shown for the project :slight_smile:

1 Like

Always good to balance the discussion. :+1:

It’s quite frustrating to read all the issue reports that merely say “it’s not working”. Very often, but not always, the issues are with 3rd party stuff and then people still struggle to understand why this is a bad idea: WTH why is HACS not standard part of HA. (Anybody that thinks this is an invitation to rant here about that topic, please go there instead. I’m posting it to substantiate my claim.)

Your typical mass consumer sees HA and everything that comes with it as one product and that’s it. The last x number of posts here proves it.

Please: At least try to investigate an issue and report it properly if valid. Do provide context and details to get help.

7 Likes

my nuc has a hissy fit and stops responding after 2022.11.3 and its hard to get logs etc when system boots and you only have access to logs for 3 mins before it becomes unresponsive.

1 Like

as my previouse post states its hard to investigate and issue when you are plugging in a keyboard mouse and monitor and within a few minutes the system stops responding.

ssh in and the log is at /config/home-assistant.log. The previous log is at /config/home-assistant.log.1

The logs are available even if core is not running.

1 Like

I already tried that, problem is machine was hanging before complete and stopped responding, I just rolled back in the end.

Pardon me but I am very confused, more than likely because of the terminology used.
A few days ago I posted that I was getting this error.

Package rest setup failed. Component rest cannot be merged. Expected a dict.

@Mariusthvdb responded and told me what the problem was that I needed to either upload a file or wait for the fix. I am very weary about uploading a file, because I do not want to wipe my system.
So I have been waiting for a fix.

I am running Home Assistant Core in a Docker Container on an UnRaid server. So going through portainer I recreated the container today, just to see if there had been a fix. Nothing has changed.
As you can see from the following sensor output.

Screenshot from 2022-11-18 07-22-12

Home assistant still gives me the error from above preventing me from restarting.

I am not sure what to do. To many times I have gone ahead and done things with bad consequences.

Any help is appreciated on how I should proceed.

the fix has been released in 2022.11.3. I tested the PR before, and can also confirm it to work in release. no worries.

if HA currently wont restart because of the error, then you first need to comment the rest: sensors in your config (then check config and test restart). next do the update. then uncomment the rest: and reload rest entities :wink:

thats all…

btw,

this wont happen. if you dl a component and add it under the custom_components folder, HA simply loads that , instead of the component in core. It wont wipe anything. Its the way we test unmerged test versions when dev’s say they have something to test… all you have to do is add a "version": "1.2.3", line to the manifest.

You don’t by chance have ONVIF installed do you?

anyone seeing issues with the google backup add-on? Apparently it did backup yesterday, but the files wont show in the frontend. Would this have to do with the supervisor issue the other day maybe?

(and yes my payment methods are up to date :wink: _

update

see Unable to back up shows pending ¡ Issue #751 ¡ sabeechen/hassio-google-drive-backup ¡ GitHub

1 Like

I do have ONVIF installed and noticed the open issue on GitHub regarding the changes in 11.3 causing high memory usage with the ONVIF integration, which would be consistent with what I was experiencing prior to rolling back.

Anyone ZHA integration stop working when updating to ‘2022.11.3’? I’m getting the following errors in log:

Error setting up entry socket://192.168.0.35:8888 for zha
16:07:30 – (ERROR) components/zha/core/gateway.py
Couldn't start EZSP = Silicon Labs EmberZNet protocol: Elelabs, HUSBZB-1, Telegesis coordinator (attempt 2 of 3)
16:07:30 – (WARNING) Zigbee Home Automation - message first occurred at 16:07:27 and shows up 2 times
Couldn't start EZSP = Silicon Labs EmberZNet protocol: Elelabs, HUSBZB-1, Telegesis coordinator (attempt 1 of 3)
16:07:24 – (WARNING) Zigbee Home Automation

Yes, same. I run a Conbee II. This happened a few updates ago, very similar. I see in the notes that some quirks and other ZHA things were updated…? My Ecobee integration also stopped working. Rolling back, though not helping with a fix, did resolve the issues and got the system running again.

1 Like

Out of curiosity: what are people using the oral b integration for?
I read about the potential use-case to use it as a ‘good night’ signal, but that would result in false positive triggers: let’s brush my teeth before going out tonight → lights off → wife mad → not allowed to go out anymore :joy:

The thing I can imagine, is to connect it to a timer or a light that will transition after 2 minutes, so the kids have a visual brushing guide. What other real-life use cases exists?

I use it to turn on the lights on the mirror when it’s activated (some times of the day that light is off) and flash the bathroom mirror if the pressure sensor is triggered. I want to replace the light strip on the mirror with an rgb one to flash red for that.

1 Like

Maybe they did not notice or don’t care. I didn’t fine any announcement about the change and no response to several posts

I had this too, was told the workaround is once the pop-up opens click on the Title (Name of the feed) and it will enlarge again. I really hope this is a bug and not how they are going to be from now on.

Did you get this resolved and updated? My system becomes unresponsive on 2022.11.3 and 2022.11.4. I can’t really even get logs. I am still on 2022.11.2.

aware users have reported memory issues on 2022.11, but those were directly linked to an integration I am not using, and still, I see this happening:

memory has been increasing ever since the Bluetooth integrations (and earlier the Zwave saw constant (albeit slow) increase). This however is of another magnitude, a huge spike that wont come back even overnight.

Dont we have some tool to check mem usage in the HA system? And why this isnt released? Guess I need to run new py-spy’s to be able to analyze what going on… top reveals nothing.

before the latest few updates, my usage was around 15/16 steady. And this happens after a restart:

initially drops to that lower number, only to start increasing immediately.

Same here. HA become extreme slow and reboot. System had almost 8GB.