2022.11: A heck of a release!

Running the command (via bdraco’s script) fixed my supervisor, but the Docker container images for all of my add-ons were wiped out along the way. I had to run su repair (AKA supervisor repair) to restore them, and then manually start all of my add-ons in the UI. Just wanted to mention in case it’s helpful for anyone else.

maybe thats what Nick mentioned here? I am in no way a Supervisor backend expert, so could not explain what happened to your system.

Seems that running repair, and starting manually is a nuisance, but if that is all it takes to get your system back, I guess it isnt that bad…

anyways, thanks for chiming in

Non-beta users don’t need to do anything at all. Nothing was messed up for them. 2022.11.0 was only ever released on the beta channel, stable users are still on 2022.10.2 and its not broken there.

2 Likes

right thanks,
Just asking, because a fellow user reported he was on stable, and yet had a borked supervisor…

well that is a problem but its a different issue in that case. The solution discussed above won’t help them since they weren’t on 2022.11.0. Users on stable with issues around supervisor should handle that as normal, by opening an issue here

1 Like

Ok, Ill report that back.

Though, ofc, this was brought to my attention after the fact, and he now has stable release with SU 2022.11.2 (and no issues as far as I understood)

Just to be clear, 2022.11.2 is also not on stable channel. The script bdraco made was targetted at beta users which is why it specifically installed 2022.11.2. The latest stable version is still 2022.10.2 at this time.

1 Like

Beta users impacted by the supervisor 2022.11.0 issues, please see this thread

2 Likes

Same here…

Updated my Odroid system today to a new hassio version available which caused very high CPU usage for more than hour.
Had a stupid idea to restart the whole HassOS but after that it took some time to appear web interface.
I was on Stable, not Beta update channel.
About shows following now:
Home Assistant 2022.11.3
Supervisor 2022.10.2
Operating System 9.3
Frontend 20221108.0 - latest
My Addons seems to be working. Is there some recommended procedure I should follow?

After updating to 2022.11.2 HA seems to run into an infinit loop after 3-4 days uptime, and becomes unavailable with a constant CPU load of 25%. Restarting the container brings HA back up, for another 3-4 days. This reminds me of a memory or buffer overflow situation, but I havn’t beenable tofind any log entry to indicate what actually happened. Never had this problem before, and nothing new has been added and nothing else has been changed.
Anyone else seeing similar issues?

I had to revert to 2022.11.2 as 11.3 caused my Pi 4 to overheat and Home Assistant to be unresponsive. It appears that something was causing the CPU usage to stay high.

1 Like

Looks like I have a similar problem. Can’t connect so I’ve powered down to allow it to cool as just restarting didn’t work. Still seemed to be controlling the lights just couldn’t connect from app.

Currently network doesn’t seem to be coming up as not seen when I scan the network. Need to investigate further.

False alarm, it was the router the HA is connected to had lost the connection!

For comparison, I still can’t get my aging RPi 3B+ up above a few percent CPU utilization. I’m at 2022.11.2. I keep hearing about performance problems, and I always worry that it’s going to affect my little HA box more than most, but it keeps chugging happily along.

I’m only reporting this here so others don’t assume it’s always a problem with the new version.

2 Likes

I had to revert to 2022.11.2 as 2022.11.3 made my system (NUC) unresponsive.

I am running a NUC also so will back out to 11.2 and see how that does.

Thanks, that should fix the problem Not

Logs and submissions to github issues fixes stuff, reversion to a previous version does not.

2 Likes

I don’t recall suggesting that fixed any problem.