2022.12: It does matter!

Nice

1 Like

this is pretty big. on the main production system fully loaded with (custom) integrations and many other things that could break, only 1 single error popping up:

2022-12-07 21:49:26.381 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.homeassistant_alerts] Timeout fetching homeassistant_alerts data

other than that, its flawless. very nice indeed.
ofc, love the new state colors for binaries classes, the new BT functionality (on Shelly’s now too, yeah).

so many other good stuff. thanks!

2 Likes

“The country has not been configured” - even though it has?

this is a new general setting, you’ve never set it before.

2 Likes

No I went in and set it, but the message didn’t go away. A restart of HA resolved.

2 Likes

53 posts were split to a new topic: I dislike the 2022.12 Color changes

For those using MASS, it appears it’s not compatible with this release. (2022.12.0)

Still no CIFS/Samba integration to connect to network shares on a NAS. Renders all media and NVRs useless.

2 Likes

There has been work done on this, however there was an unforeseen roadblock that the dev ran into. I wouldn’t expect a ‘point and click’ network share option anytime soon. You can mount network drives via CLI or an automation that runs a command_line command.

5 Likes

Yes I have the same problem.
Music assistant not loaded.

Look here.

Maybe Ive been doing it incorrectly, but I’ve created a calendar ‘Verjaardagen’ (anniversaries) and added all events in my household.

However, if I find the calendar entity in states, there is only 1 listed, and it doesnt have 8 events connected to it. Only 1. where are my other events? I can see them in the actual Local calendar.

btw, an anniversary would have been nice to simply state the date of the event (birthday…) and not have to state all day, and begin and end date.

Maybe thats a future enhancement?

You should learn up on how calendars work, they only show the next event. I simply using them as a visible schedule and you can build automations off each calendar. I have separate calendars that do different things. Like one that tells me when to take out the garbage, etc.

o thats is really inconvenient then. Too bad.
I was hoping to replace the existing and well known python script with this local calendar, but thats out of the question then. If there is no overview of all events to be made in a single card, it’s of nu real use for me.

yeah!
Thanks for this release!
The local calendar was something I really wanted to have since my “waste collection scheduler” did provide calendar entries…
All other changes are also quite good - and a lot of stuff comming together now… :slight_smile:
But right now, the biggest usecase for me is in fact that calendar - as of now.

1 Like

Are the new state sensitive colors configurable? Right now the Lock entity coloring is completely backwards (Orange for the Locked state, which should be green by my logic).

ETA: the default coloring for locks has been fixed and is now a good default. Thanks!

10 Likes

When casting a dashboard with tiles using the light-brightness feature, it does not show up on the device it’s being cast to. (In this case a Nest Hub)

I really like them otherwise!

1 Like

Just a follow up.

in Picture Elements cards the ‘–paper-item-icon-color’ still works for the off state of binary sensors. You have to replace the ‘–paper-item-icon-active-color’: red with something like ‘–rgb-state-binary-sensor-color’: 255,0,0
The 3 numbers are Red, Green, and Blue. So 255,0,0 is bright in your face red which is what I want

4 Likes

A biweekly repeat option for the calendar would be greatly appreciated! Most of my automations would be based on biweekly events, so I’ll hold off on using it until that’s hopefully added in the future.

Yet you haven’t posted an issue to here GitHub - music-assistant/hass-music-assistant: Turn your Home Assistant instance into a jukebox, hassle free streaming of your favorite media to Home Assistant media players.

It is a custom integration, this is not the place for support.

1 Like