2022.12: It does matter!

The calendar dashboard is not related to the new local calendar feature. That has been there for a while. It displays any calendars you have integrated with HA. That can be local calendar, caldav, google calendar or other custom integrations you found that make calendar entities. I’m guessing if you’ve never seen it before then local calendar was the first calendar integration you used.

But the dashboard is not specifically for local calendar. It just displays all events across all your integrated calendars.

5 Likes

Yes, it is the first I used because I thought that the local one would finally allow easy maintenance tracking. Unfortunately it is, as you said, nothing more than a very basic helper wrapped into the calendar dashboard (instead of the more useful helper UI).

what devices are you using?

On the Integrations Documentation page, I see some warnings - not sure, since when they were available…

The integration itself seems still be available:
grafik

Have you checked, if it is disabled?
grafik

In this case, disabled integrations will be hidden from the page itself

Where do I uninstall the local calendar? I added it as integration but it is not listed in integrations nor addons.
I must be blind because I cannot find where to remove it :joy:

After you remove it, you might have to restart. If it doesn’t, that’s a bug. Or simply clearing your cache and refreshing the page may work as well. I’d wager a restart is needed though so that the system knows there’s no calendars.

1 Like

SSH has an overhead in CPU since it encrypts everything. If you don’t need encryption (like, inside your own house, perhaps?), other filesystems may be faster. I am getting much faster transfer rates with NFS. I still use SSHFS as the default solution where security is needed, and to interact with machines I already have set up SSH access to.
Would be interesting to hear how SMB/CIFS is doing, speed-wise.

But where can I remove it? I cannot find it listed anywhere.

it’s in your integration page

1 Like

With the state color changed from yellow to light blue it is difficult to see my mqtt sensors at a quick glance if its on or off. Do we have an option to set the color back to yellow without using custom mods?

4 Likes

Ah, did not show up until reboot and did not disappear until reboot.

Personally I don’t think that calendar in HA should replace Google or other general use calendars. At least not as the first priority. I would primarily expect it to provide automation scheduling capabilities.

3 Likes

When I read “It does matter” I thought, wrongly, that the community opinion matters…

8 Likes

Which is the primary use of Home Assistant :slightly_smiling_face: Advanced scheduling for other purposes I expect other programs will take care of.

2 Likes

If you count using a HA theme as a custom mod (which technically it is) then no. Otherwise yes: All those icon colors can be changed via a simple theme.

2 Likes

Great, thank’s!

I never suggested otherwise. It should be a standalone calendar with full calendar capabilities. And this is not the case.
It is standalone but without any of the useful features.

I would simply put it in the helpers section because that is what it is right now.

1 Like

It is still an everyday joy to notice how easy to configure, responsive, stable and versatile HASS is. Thanks to all the contributors!

2 Likes

Hi All,

I love the new release. Directly wanna use the local calendar because then I can remove 4 JSON files and 4 sensors to create automations on.

I only see a problem:

1. Create a event “All Days” from x to y (my case 1 November 2022 untill 7 jan 2023)
  2. check the calendar
  3. You don’t see on every day the event is showing.
  4. when you check with view: LIST (7 days) then you see on every day the event.

Is this a bug or is this now showing when you have month view?

1 Like

I’m actually using your code in the same way.

Thank you for that! :grinning:
I will probably wait an increment or two before I leave your solution

1 Like

I was trying the local calendar. But I stick to my solution. For me better organized.
Add, remove lines is faster etc. :slight_smile:

1 Like