2022.2: Let's start streamlining!

Works with Nest connections will continue to work for those users who have a non-migrated Nest Account in the Nest app for as long as our partners support them, these integrations will remain on maintenance mode.

Guess I need to give up having six Nest Protects in HA and switch to the more expensive billing plan. I’ll admit this was eventually expected but I really thought Google Nest would be the ones ending it.

7 Likes

Many thanks to everyone who contributed to this feature-packed release. :+1:

There’s a lot to unpack in this one; it’s going to be fun exploring/implementing the numerous improvements.

Thanks again to all and keep up the fantastic work.

7 Likes

I’m holding off on this one for now

[15:15:46] INFO: Checking your configuration against this version...
[15:17:56] ERROR: The configuration check did not pass!
[15:17:56] ERROR: See the output below for more details.
Testing configuration at /tmp/config
INFO:homeassistant.helpers.storage:Migrating core.device_registry storage from 1.2 to 1.3
INFO:homeassistant.helpers.storage:Migrating core.entity_registry storage from 1.4 to 1.5
ERROR:homeassistant.config:Invalid config for [automation]: Integration 'zha' not found (See /tmp/config/configuration.yaml, line 15). 
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/homeassistant/components/device_automation/__init__.py", line 135, in async_get_device_automation_platform
    integration = await async_get_integration_with_requirements(hass, domain)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/homeassistant/requirements.py", line 75, in async_get_integration_with_requirements
    raise IntegrationNotFound(domain)
homeassistant.loader.IntegrationNotFound: Integration 'zha' not found.
The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/homeassistant/components/automation/config.py", line 103, in _try_async_validate_config_item
grep: write error: Broken pipe
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] waiting for services.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting.

here’s one of the automations I believe is tripping this

alias: cube - volume up
description: ''
trigger:
  - device_id: 2985c99c4f7d790002a51f5d306320e6
    domain: zha
    platform: device
    type: device_rotated
    subtype: right
condition: []
action:
  - service: media_player.volume_up
    data: {}
    entity_id: media_player.kitchen_speaker
mode: single

Docker image doesn’t seem to have been pushed yet…

The Works with Nest integration is the only way to get the Nest Secure status (via the Home/Away state), so it’s really disappointing to see this get removed even though the APIs will continue to work.

12 Likes

I have HA Core installed in WSL (Win10). After updating to 2022.2, the daemon doesn’t start anymore:
hass: error: unrecognized arguments: --pid-file /var/run/hass/hass.pid --daemon

Was working fine until now. I followed this KB: Autostart using init.d.
I assume script will need a little re-work (not from me though). Any help will be much appreciated :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Why I do not see this version 2022.2 ?
My System Info still says “newest version : core-2021.12.10” :frowning:

Very disappointed in the decision to deprecate and relatively quickly remove the works with nest integration. The alternative requires payment and while that is not within the home assistant teams control, deprecating an alternative before the manufacturer does doesn’t seem helpful at all.

Any background on this decision? The PR on GitHub has absolutely no discussion or explanation for the removal.

Thanks!

18 Likes

It’s still building.

Just finished!

Result of the actual Cofiguration check against new version (starting from core-2021.12.10, supervisor-2022.01.1, Home Assistant OS 7.2):

[21:14:12] INFO: Installed Home Assistant 2022.2.0

[21:14:12] INFO: Making a copy of your configuration for checking…

[21:14:13] INFO: Checking your configuration against this version…

[21:21:57] ERROR: The configuration check did not pass!

[21:21:57] ERROR: See the output below for more details.

Testing configuration at /tmp/config

INFO:homeassistant.helpers.storage:Migrating core.device_registry storage from 1.2 to 1.3

INFO:homeassistant.helpers.storage:Migrating core.entity_registry storage from 1.4 to 1.5

Failed config

General Errors:

• Component error: ifttt - No module named ‘aiodiscover’

Successful config (partial)

UPDATE; SOLVED 2022.2.0 installed and working fine! Thanks,

1 Like

Well, I still see the same "newest version : core-2021.12.10”.
Don’t quite understand how somes here were able to update already ?

Your question is answered by release notes itself. With previous versions, home assistant is checking against new version regularly (in every couple of hours), you were not lucky enough, probably, your latest check just had happened before new release.

With new release, there will be an option to force check the update.

1 Like

From the release notes:
"A common question, directly seen after a Home Assistant Core, Operating System, or add-on release announcement: “I don’t see the update yet? How do I update?”

Checking for updates is done by your system - every few hours - automatically. However, you sometimes want to check for updates without waiting for this to happen.

This made us realize that doing that was scattered and hidden in several places depending on which part you wanted to check updates for. Therefore, we have added a nice and simple “Check for updates” button in the main configuration screen."

I was running the beta, so could take advantage of the new ‘check for updates’ feature, but if you reload supervisor it should check for updates straight away.

I’m not sure how difficult this would be if you’re using Home Assistant’s operating system on the pi (I’m using Raspberry pi os), but I’ve been using this method for years, way before I started using home assistant:

1 Like

Just updated and this is the error I’m getting

22-02-02 20:56:26 ERROR (SyncWorker_7) [supervisor.docker.interface] Container addon_core_check_config is not running

Any ideas?

from the Checker add-on:

Fatal error while loading config: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/multidict-6.0.2.dist-info/METADATA'
Failed config
  General Errors: 
    - [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/multidict-6.0.2.dist-info/METADATA'

I think I’ve gotten this before and just plowed ahead with no apparent consequences. Is it ignorable?

4 Likes

Just updated running on TrueNAS plugin, and getting the error “Home Assistant only supports Linux, OSX and Windows using WSL” was support stripped from TrueNAS with this update?

1 Like

I’m cursed :frowning:
Now I see the update to 2022.2 option. But when I click on “Show”, I get a message “No update available” !