2022.2: Let's start streamlining!

For those using UniFi Protect from HACS before this update, I’m curious what the recommended upgrade path should be?

After upgrading to 2022.2, my UniFi Protect integration still had the custom component icon. In an effort to remove it, I uninstalled the HACS-based integration, removed it from HACS, reinstalled it via the native integrations page, and then rebooted. It initially still had the custom components icon, but appears it was removed after a few hours. I’m thinking these steps weren’t necessary, but wondering what’s recommended when integrations move from HACS to the core system.

Have there been any changes to the Energy Dashboard other than moving the settings? Since the update, the graphical representation no longer seems to update. However, the entities are up to date and also react to changes…

2 Likes

So to try and fix for the broken/incomplete implementation or the new WebOS integration I rebuilt the media player for the TV as a universal media player. So far this is working for me. There still may need to be some adjustments to be made.

media_player:
  platform: universal
  name: Test Kitchen TV
  children:
    - media_player.lg_webos_smart_tv
  commands:
    turn_on:
      service: wake_on_lan.send_magic_packet
      data:
        broadcast_address: !secret lg_tv_ip
        mac: !secret lg_tv_mac
    turn_off: 
      service: webostv.command
      target: 
        entity_id: media_player.lg_webos_smart_tv
      data:
        command: "system/turnOff"
    volume_up:
      target: 
      data:
        command: "audio/volumeUp"
    volume_down:
      target: 
      data:
        command: "audio/volumeDown"
    volume_mute:
      target: 
      data:
        command: "audio/setMute"
    media_play:
      target: 
      data:
        command: "media.controls/play"
    media_pause:
      target: 
      data:
        command: "media.controls/pause"
    select_source:
      service: media_player.select_source
      target:
      data:
        source: "{{ source }}"
    volume_set:
      service: media_player.volume_set
      target:
      data:
        volume_level: "{{ volume_level }}"    
  attributes:
    state: media_player.lg_webos_smart_tv
    is_volume_muted: media_player.lg_webos_smart_tv
    volume_level: media_player.lg_webos_smart_tv|volume_level
    source: media_player.lg_webos_smart_tv|source
    source_list: media_player.lg_webos_smart_tv|source_list
  device_class: tv

@Konni @simondotau @penmoid

Edit: I was wrong, see below replies.

There is something using CPU right now.
Not sure what. It’s too far from the update

Edit.
Looking at the time it seems to be about when we casted the news on the kitchen TV

Came across this one as a WIP: https://github.com/iMicknl/ha-nest-protect

Personally, I first deleted the integration from the Integrations page, then removed the HACS custom integration and restarted.

I then installed the core version (by clicking the + Add Integration button from the Integrations page), entered my gateway username/password combination - and all my cameras were back as they were before.

Confirmed had this in my pre-check - upgrade to 2022.2 proceeded without issue.

3 Likes

When an integration has a single device, clicking on the “1 device” link will now navigate to that device directly and skip the addition page with a table showing 1 item.

How do I get to the device addition page for the integration if I have only one device?

The new WebOS works for me, just had to add a new automation to allow switch on with WakeOnLAN

Turn on Action:

3 Likes

Is it just me or is the “edit” button on cards no longer working. Can’t say it started with this release but it is the first I’ve noticed it.

EDIT: Nevermind. Seems to be a browser thing.

I’ll have to give that a shot. I thought that was more of an example of how to use it in an automation and not what was needed to make it work.

How do you control them? Which integration? There are more ways to work with Sonoff, we need more info…

Question: 2022.2 brings casting Plex to CCA’s which allows playing playlists from the google cast card, and that works great.

Is there a way to do the same (plex playlist) via an automation?

1 Like

Follow the instructions here at the second reply and it will work, don’t use the host url, just use the MAC adres:

1 Like

Yeah I’ve checked the commits and it should be sorted for 2022.3. It’ll be a nicer solution than the template sensors I’ve used for the last few years!

Is there a way to create a Button for weblink?
I need this to be able to send notify on clicked button. With all these changes i don’t understand if now possible.
Thanks

@Holdestmade
Thanks to both of you. The automation add worked. I did have to included the broadcast address as it is on another VLAN. It is working as intended now and I will delete my universal media player.

1 Like

Can you have both the new nest integration and the legacy nest integration setup at the same time?

All of the dev’s, chapeau! I just updated and found only one issue.

Fritz!Box integration failed.

But, all of the other stuff I use (and it is A LOT) works fine. When i saw the amount of changes, I got scared after my older collisions with HA updates, but this time it went almost smooth.

So kudos for you, dev’s!

For those affected with the Fritz!Box integration, there is a issue to be found here:

Simply switch to HOOBS. Works fine for me already for two years and can confirm it works in this version very well also Nest Protect. Look here for a tutorial I made nearly two years ago.

The new version of the Plugin for Nest is even more easier to configure. It does it all for you. It will take 15-20 mins to do this,