2022.2: Let's start streamlining!

Same here :confused:

Since the update, my device trackers that are created via my unifi integration are changing to away and then home within the same tenth of a second. It does this multiple times per minute.

Please, I have the same issue, can you explain me exactly what I have to do/remove in config.yaml? Thanks

removing the Yaml for Device_tracker

You probably have somewhere device_tracker or NMAP this is obsolete and replaced by NMAP in Integration.

Same here… Just after midnight the there is no Co2 update eighter.

Can’t see sonoff as an integration here Integrations - Home Assistant

So post a question wherever you got it from is the way to go :slight_smile:

The same way you always have. From the Configuration / Integrations overview page, Add Integration button, bottom right corner of the page.

If you REALLY want to see a development scheme with issues in practice, check out openHAB I did and am back here.

2 Likes

@Safs @Thomas1509 @Minglarn

Energy monitoring stopped working for me too for some entities (mostly template entities). What helped me was following:

• Solve any template errors/warnings in logs about missing default for the new unknown states
  • Solve incorrect device_class and state_class on the entities I had in the monitoring (it was complaining about it). It was mostly changing all kwh templates from measurement class to total_increasing or total.

Example of an entity that stopped working and after fixing looks like this:

template:
  - sensor:
      - name: "house_energy_kwh"
        unit_of_measurement: "kWh"
        state_class: total_increasing
        device_class: energy
        state: >
          {% set phase1 = states('sensor.shelly_shem_3_c45bbe604121_1_total_consumption') | float(0) %}
          {% set phase2 = states('sensor.shelly_shem_3_c45bbe604121_2_total_consumption') | float(0) %}
          {% set phase3 = states('sensor.shelly_shem_3_c45bbe604121_3_total_consumption') | float(0) %}
          {{ float(phase1) + float(phase2) + float(phase3) }}

I was ignoring the issue previously but this release seems to need a proper template definitions for energy. It finally made me fix it.
Check New sensor state class: total_increasing | Home Assistant Developer Docs and New sensor state class: total | Home Assistant Developer Docs to see what combination to use in which cases.

3 Likes

As @Gav_in already wrote, to fix the issue it is necessary to gather insights on the setup, errors, issues. Please open a new thread or an issue on GitHub so I can take a look at what causes the issue.

1 Like

Before each release, there is a beta phase of one week in order to mature the newly added features as much as possible. The issue here is that the group of testers does very likely not cover each and every integration out there. But, we as developers, rely on user feedback, since most don’t have access to all possible devices, let alone the time to run tests against all possible combination that might cause issues. And on top of all that, the large majority is doing this for fun, in their free time. FOR FREE!
So instead of whining about <insert integration of choice> does not work, please provide some quality insights to make our and eventually your life easier to fix issues.

11 Likes

I did the core update to 2022.2.0 but gave strange changes.
My Sonoff cameras are normally visible as binary sensors but after the update the state was lost (unknown now, normally off or unavailable )

Also the icons of the Sonoff PIR sensors changed suddenly.

I rolled back to the previous version 2021.12.10 and it all came back to normal.

Yes, it is still possible until the time of removal.

And after removal by putting it in your custom_components directory as has already been explained in this thread.

1 Like

Not sure where to ask this question. I use the Envisalink Integration and since updating 2002.2 I get an email from EyezON that states Security Event: [*][1] Accessed by User when I restart Home Assistant. Is this now normal?

:+1:
What did you do to solve it? Did you just ignore the error and go ahead with the new version install?
Is your IFTTT component still working?

I would like to see easy bluetooth configuration for connecting to speakers.

That’s for the feature request area of the forum :slight_smile:

Mission critical software development, testing, deployment, support, and program management has been my career since 1985. First rule for applying an update: develop and test a contingency plan to ensure you can fallback to a known operational state if anything goes wrong during or after an update.

You can blame HA developers for missing a defect but we are all responsible for ensuring that we follow best practices to ensure a rapid recovery from an unplanned event or disaster. If I upgraded my environment without testing or having a fallback plan and I am suffering from unexpected or degraded performance, I am to blame - not the HA developers.

If I don’t have the time or resources to test or recover then I wait to upgrade and monitor forums like this, and GitHub, to see if there are any issues that may impact my environment.

Finally, thank you very much to everyone who did discover issues AND provided meaningful information for the HA developers to improve HA.

25 Likes