2022.2: Let's start streamlining!

The version sensor is also updated by itself, not only by trigger.

So the input_button only triggers?
No single_press, double press, long_press, release ,… events, like physical buttons have?

A missed opportunity!

2 Likes

Yes, which is once every 5 minutes atm.

they were split into separate sensors, iirc it was source and something else. I believe both are redundant now that they are separate sensors

If you believe it would add value to the Lovelace UI, submit a Feature Request or, if you have the requisite development skills, submit a PR.

Sure no probs I guessed it was bulk action thing.

1 Like

Loving the Spotify integration with “Media”!

Unfortunately the playlists are limited to 100 tracks
When i click on “Albums” there is nothing there
When i click on “tracks” there is nothing there
It looks like the API endpoints are not correctly set, and for the playlists the limit is set to 100
Somebody knows how i can edit that myself?

My fault, I posted about it and then realized that the sensor is again unavailable - so no attributes were there.
If the sensor is available, then it has attributes:

The new Media stuff is nice but is it going to get Search in the future? Without it it’s still more of a show-off feature than anything for anyone with more than a handful of albums or playlists.

1 Like

That’s what I already have… Kinda… This is my template.
Still nothing in electricity…

- platform: mqtt
    state_topic: "EspSparsnasGateway/+/state"
    name: "House power usage"
    unit_of_measurement: "W"
    state_class: total_increasing
    value_template: "{{ float(value_json.watt) | round(0) }}"
    icon: mdi:lightning-bolt-circle
    device_class: power

- platform: mqtt
    state_topic: "EspSparsnasGateway/+/state"
    name: "House energy usage"
    unit_of_measurement: "kWh"
    state_class: total_increasing
    value_template: "{{ float(value_json.total) | round(0) }}"
    icon: mdi:lightning-bolt-circle
    device_class: energy

Do you also notice the limitation on the playlists? Max 100 songs.

state_class for W needs to be measurement. Other than that it looks ok but i am not familiar eith mqtt sensors for energy. I suggest you create new topic or github issue if it still doesn’t work.

I Updates from core-2021.12.10 to core-2022.1.x and had an unresponsive lovelace from then on.
Both in the browser with the mouse and via my (touch) tablets on the wall, the system did not respond or reacted very, very, very poorly.
I did a restore again, because that way HA was not usable
(Windows 10 NUC / Virtalbox)

1 Like

Was there a change on the Envisalink integration. I get a notification email from EyezON every 2-3 seconds with a “Security Event: [*][1] Accessed by User” message.

$4.50 over 3 months? Blah.

1 Like

See Legacy Nest - #7 by allenporter

We also added that link to the original blog post.

1 Like

i liked more the energy option in configuration than having to go into the dashboards option to then click energy to setup. i think it is better as a separate option than inside dashboard options.

1 Like

After you have it initially set up, how often do you actually go into the dashboard configuration?

I’ll bet here are many more users that will appreciate not having to scroll to get to the Settings section on mobile!

You don’t believe it would add value?

where i live the energy company keep changing the cost per kwh monthly. i have to change values each month in the energy settings :man_shrugging:

My point is that if you think input_button can be improved, submit your idea as a Feature Request. That’s more constructive than simply pointing out its alleged deficiencies in this thread.