2022.3: Select and play media

I don’t actually use either of them but just had a look and yeah they briefly flash white. Thanks for the tip.

I’ll have a look at your config later.

1 Like

The Samsung integration can detect my TV, but no device or entity is created after I complete the setup. It’s just me?

In your config there are modes, mode_command_topic and mode_state_topic.
Replace them with the new config values preset_modes, preset_mode_command_topic and preset_mode_state_topic, and the warnings will disappear. See the documentation at MQTT HVAC - Home Assistant.

UPDATE: This is not the cause of the warnings. (my bad). modes, mode_command_topic and mode_state_topic are still valid config parameters.

I’m not sure why, but these started displaying on mobile today. There was no update from the third party icon app. Whatever it was, doesn’t appear to be an issue for me in 2022.3.1

SABnzbd
stopped working with 3.1

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: components/sabnzbd/__init__.py:170
First occurred: 17:55:12 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 17:55:12

Error during setup of component sabnzbd
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py", line 235, in _async_setup_component
    result = await task
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/sabnzbd/__init__.py", line 218, in async_setup
    await async_configure_sabnzbd(hass, conf, use_ssl, name, api_key)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/sabnzbd/__init__.py", line 196, in async_configure_sabnzbd
    if await async_check_sabnzbd(sab_api):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/sabnzbd/__init__.py", line 170, in async_check_sabnzbd
    await sab_api.check_available()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pysabnzbd/__init__.py", line 93, in check_available
    await self._call(params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pysabnzbd/__init__.py", line 41, in _call
    async with timeout(self._timeout, loop=self._session.loop):
TypeError: timeout() got an unexpected keyword argument 'loop'

But where is it written that modes should be replaced with preset_modes? Documentation list them both and example values are different so looks like for different purpose:

modes list (optional)
A list of supported modes. Needs to be a subset of the default values.
Default:
[“auto”, “off”, “cool”, “heat”, “dry”, “fan_only”]

and

preset_modes list (optional, default: [])
List of preset modes this climate is supporting. Common examples include `eco`, `away`, `boost`, `comfort`, `home`, `sleep` and `activity`.

Those are two different things and they also are later on exposed in Lovelace in different ways:
Here an example for another type of climate integration:

Preset and mode are for different purposes and should both be available. My device needs only mode (operation in lovelace) and I don’t need the preset. But other devices/integrations need both of them.
Below is my case:
It uses off and fan_only modes and a fan_mode with values low, medium or high. All in line with the integration documentation.

The new “Play Media” service was working great in my automations yesterday. Now today I can no longer see the new “Play Media” service available in automations. Is anyone else having this issue?

already an open issue for this

1 Like

Upgrade was successful but I encountered a little quirk with MQTT Discovery.

In previous versions, you could publish an updated discovery payload, for an existing entity, and the entity’s state value and attributes would update immediately (if the values were stored on the broker as retained messages).

While trying to enhance my MQTT HVAC climate entity, publishing an updated discovery payload caused the existing climate entity to lose its state and attribute values (became unknown).

That’s odd because the (retained) values are on the MQTT broker so they’re not unknown; Home Assistant is already subscribed to the entity’s topics so it should be able to receive the values immediately.

Restarting Home Assistant fixes it (i.e. the climate entity gets the values stored on the broker) but that’s to be expected because the restart forces Home Assistant to re-subscribe to all topics on the broker.

I’ll probably do a few more tests before reporting this as an Issue.

1 Like

And additionally here more explanation from KNX integration which clearly explains that HA is having two parameters: hvac_mode and preset_mode - both used for different things:

I believe it is nicely documented in the developer’s documentation:

I am not having the lovelace folder in my media folder. How can i get it there? So i can cast my lovelace? Thx

I noticed that the Rainbird integration doesn’t work: it doesn’t show any switch of the zones. I checked that someone said it in the realese 2021.12, but I didn’t check in that moment. Anybody knows something about it? Thanks!

Maybe this has already been noted by others.
But this update, and previous ones, I am getting a lower user experience feeling.

After I press UPDATE, my Z-Wave devices are not working anymore.
I am using a external docker with a zwave2mqtt service.

Home assistant is not aware of this, just updates and after the update notices the zwave devices are not available.

What I ideally would like to see, is that when I press UPDATE, Home Assistant pops a message,

Warning: your current zwave server needs to be updated. 
Do you still want to continue the update [Y/N]?

Dont get me wrong. For me, fixing it is not much fuzz, I am running Docker+Portainer+ouroboros. Just enable ouroboros and wait 2 minutes untill everything is updated.
But I would like to get a notice.

Does this suggestion help?

Modes are still in the documentation, Ill have look later.

Home Assistant will already update the Z-Wave JS integration when it is installed as an add-on during the integration set up. You manage your own zwave2mqtt service so … you are the one that needs to manage it. We can’t do it for you.

2 Likes

Love the media and renderer selection ( didn’t know I had that many in my network)
Anyone suggestion to include SoundCloud as source?

I know i do. I can and will. But i find out by chance something is off.
It would be nice if HA is aware and pops a notice.
Like: current version detected: xxx.
Required version : yyy or higher

I am not pissed or blaming anyone.

It should tell you in the logs

You are correct. It does. I missed it

But see my sugestion as a general one.
Press update, breaking change? Popup.

Would be nice. No surprise.