2022.3: Select and play media

I guess you donā€™t understand what Iā€™m saying:

The services are no different than any service and the media_player attributes are no different than any other media player.

So, turn on an app on the samsung TV.

Then look at what changes on your media player entity. If nothing changesā€¦ Turn on a show inside your samsung TV app.

Note the media player attributes. They will contain the information you are looking for.

Rinse and repeat for everything you want to do.

The populated attributes will tell you what services to use. I.e. source, media play, or play media

IF those information is being populated (by TV). For some reason other SamsungTV integrations are not able to achieve that. I will check when back home.

If they arenā€™t being populated then you canā€™t do it because your TV doesnā€™t support it.

EDIT: Also keep in mind that this is local polling so it could take up to 30 seconds for the attributes to be populated correctly.

The Android IP cam issue - from the logs posted further up, show that the

TypeError: timeout() got an unexpected keyword argument ā€˜loopā€™

is in the logs, and itā€™s very clearly in the breaking changes says:

async_timeout()

async_timeout.timeout drops the loop= keyword arg

So that will be the issue there, not sure who would be responsible for fixing that though, because itā€™s part of Core rather than third party, so you would assume it would have been fixed before release.

2 Likes

Anyone else using a Xiaomi homekit gateway and suddenly all connected Aqara motion sensors stopped working after this update? Thatā€™s what happened here. In the Xiaomi app though, everything still works. Apparently the Homekit integration is now bugged. Had to move all my sensors to Deconz because of this. Tried to issue this in Github, but the diagnostics files are too large and Github doesnā€™t accept them.

Is there a way in developer tools to show the entity name rather than the friendly name like it use to?

2 Likes

This was mentioned further up:

Personally Iā€™m not seeing the issue. Which is odd.

1 Like

You should set the other disabled colors, esp.

input-disabled-fill-color: var(--ha-card-background)

as well. Otherwise, you have still white fields, e.g. date picker in Log and History until completely loaded.

Did you open an issue or do you, @robi?

The changes must be a mistake, because you have now only two times the friendly name, but 0 entity id anymore.

I did not, a bit busy for dreaming about HA now(((
Will be grateful if someone do it!

The entity_idā€™s show up in the field under the friendly name when searching. The field was replaced with the same search field you see elsewhere in the UI which only shows the friendlyname after selection. It was not a mistake. You can still view the entity_id below in the entity/state/attributes grid and you can still use that grid to see everything.

Regardless of that information, it still may be worth creating an issue about this to ensure we can see the entity_id. Possibly by updating the control to show the friendly name and below it, the entity_id. Like it does when searching that list.

@jbouwh
A question about the MQTT Breaking change " The MQTT climate hold and away mode configuration settings are now deprecated":
Iā€™m receiving warning messages in the log:

2022-03-04 15:14:28 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.mqtt.climate] The 'send_if_off' option is deprecated, please remove it from your configuration
2022-03-04 15:14:28 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.mqtt.climate] The 'hold_modes' option is deprecated, please remove it from your configuration

But neither of those options are defined for my device. Iā€™m using HA autodiscovery and the config message looks like below:

name: CA350 Climate
availability_topic: comfoair/status
payload_available: online
payload_not_available: offline
unique_id: ca350-ca350_climate
device:
  identifiers:
    - ca350
  name: CA350
  manufacturer: Zehnder
  model: ComfoAir 350
temperature_command_topic: comfoair/comforttemp/set
temperature_state_topic: comfoair/comforttemp
current_temperature_topic: comfoair/supplytemp
min_temp: '15'
max_temp: '27'
temp_step: '1'
modes:
  - 'off'
  - fan_only
mode_state_topic: comfoair/ha_climate_mode
mode_command_topic: comfoair/ha_climate_mode/set
fan_modes:
  - 'off'
  - low
  - medium
  - high
fan_mode_state_topic: comfoair/ha_climate_mode/fan
fan_mode_command_topic: comfoair/ha_climate_mode/fan/set
temperature_unit: C
platform: mqtt

Is that warning message logged regardless of whether those deprecated options are configured or not? If not where can I find it if it is not defined in my HA auto discovery messages?

The ā€œgrid belowā€ and ā€œstate aboveā€ are independent UI elements.
This ā€œletā€™s remove entity_idā€ change is harmful and meaningless.

Of course yes. This info should be displayed.

Of course it is not against you, but to be honest: Then it is a very bad decision for the developer tools page. This is still developer tools. Last release this part got the hide/dropdown for whatever reasons and now the entity_id is hidden. What is the plan with this section, to make it even more useless and remove it? I liked to use it in the past, much faster than the table below, directly possible to change values. And now I have to unhide it, set values, search again in the table below to copy or at least see id, etc.

7 Likes

The plan was simply to give users the ability to search in that ui field, which was not possible before. It wasnā€™t done with ill intent, so stop treating it like it was. Just simply say ā€œHey I donā€™t like thisā€. We donā€™t need to hear a dissertation with every small UI change about how stupid it may have been.

2 Likes

There was an auto-complete before as well.

3 Likes

Alright, Iā€™m not here to argue. Please make your request. Thanks.

Have a look at the documentation. It is likely you are using deprecated configuration options. Preset modes have replaced the old hold modes.

The full config is here:

name: CA350 Climate
availability_topic: comfoair/status
payload_available: online
payload_not_available: offline
unique_id: ca350-ca350_climate
device:
  identifiers:
    - ca350
  name: CA350
  manufacturer: Zehnder
  model: ComfoAir 350
temperature_command_topic: comfoair/comforttemp/set
temperature_state_topic: comfoair/comforttemp
current_temperature_topic: comfoair/supplytemp
min_temp: '15'
max_temp: '27'
temp_step: '1'
modes:
  - 'off'
  - fan_only
mode_state_topic: comfoair/ha_climate_mode
mode_command_topic: comfoair/ha_climate_mode/set
fan_modes:
  - 'off'
  - low
  - medium
  - high
fan_mode_state_topic: comfoair/ha_climate_mode/fan
fan_mode_command_topic: comfoair/ha_climate_mode/fan/set
temperature_unit: C
platform: mqtt

Iā€™ve double checked and all options are in line with the documentation. Iā€™m not using either of the two options mentioned in the warning messages.

This is in the detailed log but was pulled, correct?