2022.3: Select and play media

Works for me.

I agree, it was a lot of work to undo the changes made in this release. Butā€¦
Hereā€™s an example of what I came up with on Clock Controls.
If you PM me with your email Iā€™ll send you the file, no problem.

Hi regarding the new media play action. Is there any reason why my nest 2 shows

ā€œmedia player does not support browsing mediaā€

Updated to .5 version and still nothing.

My nest hub works fine, but I am unclear whether it is 1 or 2.

I canā€™t seem to select any media to play on my cast devices

Itā€™s really odd

I also have a problem getting my Google home speakers to use TTS in the media player tab. I can turn devices ā€œonā€ and ā€œoffā€ (i.e. hear the power-on tones) but it will not play the TTS file. However, I CAN get it work using developer tools and calling the service manually. I have tried tweaking the config yaml multiples times without success. If you solve it please share.

Do google home speakers use the cast integration? (I assume so, but I donā€™t have one).

If so, have you read this Google Cast - Home Assistant

The new media function is pretty good and I can select a media player to play anything I want from my media saved on my NAS now, which is something Iā€™ve wanted for a very long time.

The only thing is this media browser lacks the ability to queue up songs etc, so it feels very limitedā€¦ or am I missing something?

Indeed; I believe that I have configured the yaml according to the info on that page, including using base url etcā€¦

It used to work perfectly before this latest update.

Thatā€™s weird. The sensor binary_sensor.home_assistant_website_update_available tells there is an update available. Even the sensor.home_assistant_website tells there is 2022.3.6 available (which is already documented on the web site). But unfortunately there is no update delivered to my HA, though.

I do not have any updates available :frowning:

patience young padawan

1 Like

Mine has updated. AMD64 supervised.

Builds take a while to ā€¦errā€¦ build.

1 Like

Looks like TTS might be broken for Denon HEOS as none of my announcement automations are working after upgrade from February. I opened an issue here:

Was there a breaking change that would have caused this? I didnā€™t see anything in the list.

Has anyone been able to visualise the tracks of a chosen playlist ? So that you can not only choose the playlist but also a track within that playlist ?

Thx !

Bart

Hi, Iā€™m trying to use a ROKU 4K stick to stream my UniFi G4 doorbell when someone presses the bell on a monitor with the Roku, am I doing something wrong or do I need a Chromecast for this? It always reports that it does not support browsing media files, stream: is enabled in yaml. Anyone have any ideas?

Hi Kenneth

I also use a Conbee2 with Deconz and am experiencing issues now with the 2022.3.x upgrades causing the Deconz device to screwup after a host reboot. The system seems to be stable after a Deconz addon reboot, a supervisor reboot, and also a core reboot. But when a Host Reboot occurs i have to re add the deconz device and reassign all of the sensors and lights to their respective rooms.

No errors in the system logs of HassIO, no obvious errors in the Deconz addon logs, however there is a error log against the actual Deconz device:

Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: components/deconz/gateway.py:276
First occurred: 9:50:21 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 9:50:21 PM
Error setting up entry 00212E05A8CF for deconz

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 335, in async_setup
    result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/deconz/__init__.py", line 40, in async_setup_entry
    api = await get_deconz_session(hass, config_entry.data)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/deconz/gateway.py", line 276, in get_deconz_session
    await deconz_session.refresh_state()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pydeconz/gateway.py", line 124, in refresh_state
    data = await self.request("get", "")
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pydeconz/gateway.py", line 144, in request
    return await self._request(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pydeconz/gateway.py", line 163, in _request
    raise ResponseError(
pydeconz.errors.ResponseError: Invalid content type: text/html

I suspect its to do with the Phoscon app having to reauthenticate to Home Assistant with every host reboot. When i manually reauthenticate in the Phoscon app advanced settings and re add the device into Home Assistant everything runs great again with the new deconz registered device (i delete the older faulty deconz device).

This happens reliably after every Host Reboot in core-2022.3.7 or 2022.3.6 or 2022.3.5 (and potentially earlier versions of the March releases). But this issue has never occurred in the past 18 months of using Deconz. Last known version it was stable was core-2022.2.9.

IP Address of the Deconz Gateway remains consistent, and the actual Phoscon App still works after a host reboot, but the Home Assistant Deconz device becomes screwed up.

Quite strange, I have a work around to fix the device after a host reboot but kinda annoying.

This issue sounds very much in line with your observations. Hopefully it can be resolved in future releases.

Hey,
have you seen any change is this. Iā€™ve logged the issue on Github yet currently donā€™t have any update

4 googles Minis (Gen1)
1 Google Nest (Gen2)
2 LG tvā€™s (2021 Models)

I donā€™t believe lg tvs are chromecast devices? Mine isnā€™t.

By the way do you have default_config or media_source in configuration.yaml?

1 Like

I can cast to my LG tvā€™s

No I donā€™t have either of them. should I?

Noob question, should this be configured differently per your comment? Do I need to add ā€œmedia devicesā€ somewhere?

default_config:

# Text to speech
tts:
  - platform: google_translate
    service_name: google_translate_say
    base_url: http://192.168.1.239:8123