2022.3: Select and play media

Are you sure you actually read the breaking changes? Effort was put in this release specifically to address these occurrences and the requirement to update. I’m not sure how much more detailed this could be:

1 Like

Which x and which width? Do you have a screenshot?

And if someone find a way to make the : readably again (without cardmod), please share, as it seems that it is not addressed via varable.

My UDM Pro was not running the Network application properly. I've installed 1.11.4 (Official) which is released today for UDM Pro and UDM Base earlier. My Unifi Network application is fixed and the HA UniFi Network Integration is working as expected.

Oh, sorry. I did go through it but I’ve focused on the first zwave section and have not noticed there was a dedicated z-wave js one. Sorry for that All good!

1 Like

I don’t have a screenshot (since it’s already updated), but under developer-tools/state, if you enter text under the “Filter entities” entry, there used to be an “x” that you could click to clear the entry.

I’m using the HA included Miio integration with the Xiaomi air purifier and the Standing Fan 2. After upgrading to 2022.3, the fan stopped working but air purifier still worked. I removed the fan and re-installed using a different one (dmaker.fan.p9) and it seems to work, although I only need my automation to turn it on or off, I haven’t tried using any of the other controls.

Another GUI thingy (Firefox)

Same question here. Which media players are supported for the new Play Media feature? In my environment no Amazon devices (Echo, Fire Tablet, Fire Stick) are working.

I did this last month with ~50 devices (from OZW). Wasn’t too painful.

1 Like

do you have your media files stored in the /media share? if so, you need to add the correct path including the media-source bit:

{% set path = 'media-source://media_source/local/sounds/sound_bites/' %}

if using the /config share and storing the files in the www folder, use

{% set path = '/local/sounds/sound_bites/'%}
          {% set state = states('input_select.sound_bite') %}
          {% set path = '/local/sounds/sound_bites/'%}
          {% set sound_bite = state|slugify %}
          {% set ext = '.mp3' %}
          {{[path,sound_bite,ext]|join}}

try and experiment in the dev tools services

I’m unable to create an automaton thats is streaming media to my Google Nest Hub

What I’m I doing wrong?

3 Likes

I’m curious about “Version” integration provides the same functionality. Certainly I can see all the information that’s relevant, but it doesn’t seem to include any “is there an update available”. So do I have to make a template sensor now to accomplish the same thing?

Yes, the media path is correct. Everything worked in 2022.2, but selecting either the TTS or using the browser to find media does not play on the Google Home mini. The same media plays fine if I choose the browser as the media player, so I don’t think the problem is related to the media source.

well, its playing over all of my minis here, but you really need to be sure of the path in the service/script/automation.

On the /media share, there is no actual /local folder, like on the /config share, where the is mapped to /www

during the beta I had a bit of an issue, and wrote up this: Migrating media files from /config/local to /media

input_select will not resize when using Vertical Stack

3 Likes

there is a binary sensor for each version sensor. you need to enabled it in the integration

Developer Tools → States:

Can you guess what “entity_id” is displayed here?
изображение

In 2022.3 the “Entity” field contains a “friendly_name” instead of entity_id.
Surely this field accepts entity_id - but why to show “friendly_name” here?
The name is just an attribute - it should be displayed below only.

I do not appreciate this kind of changes. It does not help new people to operate HA easily - it confuses people instead.

And what does the “*” mean?
изображение

12 Likes

As I said, I can use Google TTS from the media browser and play the audio on my browser, but if I select a mini, it plays the chime to indicate that it’s active, but no sound is played. I can stream audio from other sources, so I know it’s volume is up and not muted. Just checked the log and see that it’s trying to stream from my local device’s hostname (not the IP address and not the external URL). The google mini’s use Google’s DNS, so they don’t know my local hostname.

Switching the internal URL to an IP address resolves this issue.

2022.3.0 breaks my Shelly integration, anyone else? I had to revert.