2022.4: Groups! Groups! Groups!

Concerning “Goodbye Lovelace, Hello Dashboards”:

• The url-patch still says /lovelace-your dashboard. There is no alias for /dashboard-your dashboard.
  • In the settings page, clicking in “Dashboards” still states /config/lovelace/dashboards in the path
  • When configuring dashboards in the yaml-files it’s still called lovelace. Still no alias available.

I feel like just changing the wording is not doing much for the community if the actual changes are not relfected as a change in the code. This change is going to split the community somewhat.
Before Lovelace there were also Dashboards, which worked vastly different then lovelace.
Lovelace introduced a new way of doing your views and this was clearly worded by calling it lovelace.

There is a huge emphasis on newcommers having a good onboarding process by having auto-generated dashboards (!). But when customizing then i feel like it should be clearly worded as lovelace and should aswell be referenced like this in the docs. Afterall there are many third-party repos which have adopted lovelace in their name and thus cleary reference homeassitant and not some other generic dashboard provider!

After new HA update in the simple-thermostat temp arrows not working. Can push it and the temp is change but the tado thermostat not receive this temp.
Before worked good.

Simple Thermostat is a third-party plugin. Post your issue here:

And ongoing. Constant higher data amount saved.

Well it is hard to change something like that when people will have, for example, programmed automations to cast urls with the word lovelace in.

But I suspect that they may stay that way, given that we still have urls with hassio in them, a very long time after that name was abandoned.

Really isn’t an issue though is it?

I did not mean to quote you out of context. But there is no difference to me which device or entity or type produces the data. Data is data.
I, and I am sure many would agree, would like a database that holds all data that I am trying to keep for as long as I would like to keep it. And I/we would like to be able to access this data.

HA devs are moving more and more towards energy tracking and user friendliness. The current database approach is still way behind.

If you want to see your data, you are either forced to move away from dashboards and go 100 % Grafana or you have to start adding each sensor, switch etc. using code rather than its name. This is too complicated for most users and it turns a one-liner into a 4-6 liner. Not what I would consider streamlining or beginner-friendly.

I am also not just “thinking” that some data is no longer tracked, the UI is showing me so. I am getting “This entity is no longer being tracked”, which suggests that it was before and is no longer now. Some are “being excluded”. Some have no states, as you pointed out.
All of this is fine for me as I am defining what I want to track in InfluxDB and I am really not interested in the internal database that much. I would much prefer to skip the internal one and only use InfluxDB, but right now, this is not really properly supported in HA.
That is fine, because the InfluxDB is different to the internal one an cannot replace it.
Hence, the request for a proper handover to finally have a decent solution for short-term data (internal DB) and long-term data (external DB). InfluxDB is being maintained by @frenck anyway, so he would for sure haave the expertise to make this happen, if he agrees that this would be nice to have.

But as I said, I would be happy to continue this discussion in the dedicated Feature Request thread

automatic-database-handover-from-internal-to-external-when-reaching-tracking-cutoff

1 Like

I like the new changes in how Hue Rooms Scenes are displayed, but frankly I think that Hue Zone Scenes should display the same new way.

The column on the left is a Hue Room, the column on the right is a Hue Zone.

I do agree that dashboard will be harder to differentiate from the crowd than lovelace. Like, ever tried to google for ‘matter’ or ‘thread’?

+1, I don’t like the movement to the media section. To much hassle to get what I now can do in a few clicks.

1 Like

I agree with what you are saying, that does not seem ‘streamlined’ at all. If you would like a work-around the mini-media-card supports adding favourite buttons.

1 Like

Great release!! I switched from domoticz to home-assistant 6 months ago and it keeps getting better and better. I really appreciate all the effort thats getting put in to this project. And I don’t understand the people that are complaining.

I’m still new and learning but I already have a lot of integrations and want to help. Still looking for a way to run 2 instances of home-assistant side by side with all the same integrations where I can test the newest releases or even BETA.

For now I’m going to update on a free day (and making a VM backup first). Report the bugs (if there are any) and revert to VM backup if there to many bugs for me, otherwise the WAF goes :chart_with_downwards_trend:

1 Like

That is also a solution someone else has suggested me. All though I am a bit iffy that it will increase the estate of my 5 mini media cards. But so be it. :slight_smile:

But that’s not an option if you’re not using Spotify or a local music library. If you’re using Apple Music for example, the ability of having your playlists accessible in Home Assistant (scripts and automations) is gone with this update.

1 Like

Pulling groups into the UI is great. However, is there a specific reason why toggle helpers cannot be grouped in the UI? Feels like the easiest of entities to group?

Same here, user/password combination that works in FritzBox Interface Login and worked before upgrading to 2022.4 from HA does not work anymore.
Now, no matter what FB User I’m configuring in HA I get an Invalid authentication error message, and that response like in 1ms. Does not look like the integration really tries to authenticate to the fritbox. That login validation, in my experience, takes usually 2-3 seconds to complete.

anyone else experiencing sudden view refreshes/reloads at all? At first thought it to be my instance running the dev nightly, but kept quiet because of ‘being on the bleeding edge’. Now my 2 other instances run the release versions and also exhibit this, I might not be alone?

open the browser, after some time of being away, browse a bit and whoops, a full page refresh happens.

2022.4.1 is out. Reading the release notes it seems that it is fixed now. I didn’t try it yet though.

1 Like

Quite a few ZHA fixes, looking forward to test.

Yeah. 2022.4.1 release notes can be found here https://github.com/home-assistant/core/releases/tag/2022.4.1

I do use these cards but then again I don’t want to have my UI littered with lots of radio fav buttons. Thanks for the suggestion though.