2022.4: Groups! Groups! Groups!

Same problem here ZHA most zigbee devices work some don’t problems started right after update. restart and tried some reparing but didnt fix. can i restore backup because i got some DB update warning after update

4 Likes

I did without issue.

1 Like

Leave them in yaml. Groups in yaml are not imported to the Helpers section. Or you could remove the yaml and create them again in Helpers :thinking:

I appreciate them leaving yaml functionality intact, and I may just be ignorant, but you’d think there would/should be a way to import groups.yaml. I really want to use the UI, but this is almost starting from scratch on getting ~30 lights and switches organized. Why would the previous way of setting up groups not be considered when creating a group system in the UI? I feel like I must be missing something.

2 Likes

ZHA broken after update. Receiving the below error in logs. Anyone else getting the same?

4 Likes

GUI awesomeness! Especially love the “Utility Meter”, “Groups”, and “Switch as X” helpers in the UI!

Wonder if we could get a “Light as X” helper in the UI similar to that “Switch as X” helper?

At least I got some switches that show up as a light entity when I like them to as a switch entity instead.

Regardless hope helpers will not be listed in Home Assistant Analytics Integration usage stats:

https://analytics.home-assistant.io/#integrations

Would not want system integrations to clutter integrations stats because they are used by most.

By the way, please consider renaming the Energy dashboard to “Utilities” by default:

2 Likes

I agree. It now takes many clicks for a very common action. Was this overlooked during development? The PR only mentions a technical reason for the change without taking any trade offs into account.

As a side effect, it also somewhat forces the use of the default media player card (instead of mini media player) which in turn lacks the sonos grouping support.

3 Likes

They are listed in the analytics but hidden by default (so nothing changed here in that regard). That is what the checkbox “Show default and internal integrations” is for.

I’m having the same issue too😭

1 Like

Edit: manually installing zha-quirks==0.0.69 through the custom deps deployment add-on seems to have resolved the issue. No idea why or how, but ZHA is back up and running.

1 Like

Got mine to work - see my reply comment. Maybe worth a shot?

Great release, and was looking forward to groups and entity type changes, however, just after my upgrade 1 hour ago, i got a localtuya failure to load - something about cannot import SPEED_HIGH for a fan. I do not have fan entities. I scratched around a bit but could not get it to work, so I had to rollback to 2022.3.8. Just a word of warning - not sure if it’s my config, but HACS and LocalTuya was up to date.

I can but agree with this.

thanks for finding that typo!

No Release Party today for this awesome release?

A migration feature is usually provided when one format is deprecated in favor of another. However, in this case, defining a group with YAML is not being deprecated; you can use either way to define a group.

Similarly, when the Input Datetime, Input Boolean, etc Helpers were allowed to be defined via the UI, no migration tool was provided to convert existing YAML-based versions because they were not deprecated.

1 Like
2 Likes

Ah, then wonder why “System Monitor” and “Command Line” are not also hidden in stats as default or internal if in all Home Assistant OS installations? https://analytics.home-assistant.io/#integrations

1 Like

Going to have some fun with the Trigger variables :smiley: This will simplyfi quite some “choose” automations i have.
Tho i’ll skip 2022.4.0 :stuck_out_tongue: Waiting for the bugs to popup

Edit: on a side note, i accidentally pressed the reply below bdraco. Anyway undo that besides deleting my post?