2022.4: Groups! Groups! Groups!

They are listed in the analytics but hidden by default (so nothing changed here in that regard). That is what the checkbox “Show default and internal integrations” is for.

I’m having the same issue too😭

1 Like

Edit: manually installing zha-quirks==0.0.69 through the custom deps deployment add-on seems to have resolved the issue. No idea why or how, but ZHA is back up and running.

1 Like

Got mine to work - see my reply comment. Maybe worth a shot?

Great release, and was looking forward to groups and entity type changes, however, just after my upgrade 1 hour ago, i got a localtuya failure to load - something about cannot import SPEED_HIGH for a fan. I do not have fan entities. I scratched around a bit but could not get it to work, so I had to rollback to 2022.3.8. Just a word of warning - not sure if it’s my config, but HACS and LocalTuya was up to date.

I can but agree with this.

thanks for finding that typo!

No Release Party today for this awesome release?

A migration feature is usually provided when one format is deprecated in favor of another. However, in this case, defining a group with YAML is not being deprecated; you can use either way to define a group.

Similarly, when the Input Datetime, Input Boolean, etc Helpers were allowed to be defined via the UI, no migration tool was provided to convert existing YAML-based versions because they were not deprecated.

1 Like
2 Likes

Ah, then wonder why “System Monitor” and “Command Line” are not also hidden in stats as default or internal if in all Home Assistant OS installations? https://analytics.home-assistant.io/#integrations

1 Like

Going to have some fun with the Trigger variables :smiley: This will simplyfi quite some “choose” automations i have.
Tho i’ll skip 2022.4.0 :stuck_out_tongue: Waiting for the bugs to popup

Edit: on a side note, i accidentally pressed the reply below bdraco. Anyway undo that besides deleting my post?

thanks for pointing this out!

1 Like

Can you clarify what you mean and/or how you do this? My ZHA network is still not working… I have another 13 devices that have not healed yet (which I believe is what is happening as slowly the RSSI and LQI values are populating and devices are no longer marked as unavailable even though they are not responding to commands)

2 Likes

Thank you very much sir - now I know where to start scratching.

It used to be a simple, neat drop-down list on the media player, where I could select my favorite radio station right away.

Now I have to

• click on Mini Media Player (which has no direct media browse button)
  • click on media browse
  • click on Sonos favorites
  • click on Radio
  • click on the huge icon of the desired station

It is insane, indeed… :frowning:

Bring back the favorites, please, I hope this is not the intended way

7 Likes

i didnt tried it myself but here zigpy-zigate · PyPI you can find some info and do what @smarthomelawyer did.

1 Like

It’s nice to see all the new things. But I still hope someone will take the time to just fix Samsung TV integration and Siemens Home Connect. (Or take it out)

How long should the database upgrade take ? I’m now two hours after the update, and i cant even get to the supervisor logs on the gui