2022.4: Groups! Groups! Groups!

Thanks a lot, again, guys for this release and the quick fix of the memory leak! :+1:

1 Like

Something in 2022.4.x has changed such that the first condition of this ZHA-Zigbee blueprint (ZHA - Lutron Connected Bulb Remote) continues to work, but the second condition fails. The blueprint works fine with 2022.3 and before. I’ve read that changes have been made regarding “args” in the Zigbee, but I’m out of my depth trying to debug the blueprint. All I can see different it there’s one more parameter in the “args” for the second condition

• choose:
    • conditions:
      • ‘{{ command == ‘‘move_to_level_with_on_off’’ }}’
      • ‘{{ cluster_id == 8 }}’
      • ‘{{ endpoint_id == 1 }}’
      • ‘{{ args == [254, 4] }}’
        sequence:
      • type: toggle -------------------------------->> WORKS
        device_id: d5762dc844931556d70b0e7c249c2209
        entity_id: light.office_strata_lamp
        domain: light
    • conditions:
      • ‘{{ command == ‘‘step_with_on_off’’ }}’
      • ‘{{ cluster_id == 8 }}’
      • ‘{{ endpoint_id == 1 }}’
      • ‘{{ args == [0, 30, 6] }}’
        sequence:
      • service: fan.increase_speed ------------------->> FAILS
        target:
        device_id: 1a3db7315e7609c488d49e79b21303a6

Looking for suggestions on how to fix this. Thanks

What is that supposed to be? Please post the code properly.

You need to look at the events tool in developer tools and listen for zha event.
What happens as you press the button?

@jdggit please repost working and non-working code snippets separately using the Preformatted text button </> . You can do this in one post with descriptions of each snippet and the issue you are having. This way more people can read and understand your automation. :slight_smile:

Thanks for taking a look at this. Here’s the full blueprint. The problems started with 2022.4.x on button 2 and 3. Buttons 1 and 4 work as they always have with 2022.3. and before. the new Core release doesn’t like something in here that was working before.

Just updated to 2022.4.4 and now my climacell (tomorrow.io) forecast is in metric. I’m in the US and everything else is set to imperial units.

2022.4 changed the messages that are sent by a lot of controllers through ZHA, breaking previously working blueprints. The blueprint exchange is full of issues like yours. I had the same issue with the Hue dimmer.

Bit of a shame it wasn’t listed as a breaking change.

My suggestion is to find a blueprint that has been updated to account for the changed messages, or write the Blueprint creator and let them know it’s due for an update.

Or write your own automations so you understand how they work and can fix them yourself.

1 Like

I’m seeing the following in my supervisor logs since updating to 2022.4.4

22-04-15 17:31:42 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.store.git] Can't update https://github.com/home-assistant/addons repo: Cmd('git') failed due to: exit code(128)
  cmdline: git fetch -v --update-shallow --depth=1 origin
  stderr: 'fatal: Could not read from remote repository.'.
22-04-15 17:31:42 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.resolution.module] Create new issue IssueType.CORRUPT_REPOSITORY - ContextType.STORE / core
22-04-15 17:31:42 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.resolution.module] Create new suggestion SuggestionType.EXECUTE_RESET - ContextType.STORE / core

and additionally

22-04-15 17:26:14 ERROR (MainThread) [asyncio] Task exception was never retrieved
future: <Task finished name='Task-166' coro=<Repository.update() done, defined at /usr/src/supervisor/supervisor/store/repository.py:106> exception=StoreGitError()>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/supervisor/supervisor/store/git.py", line 155, in pull
    await self.sys_run_in_executor(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 58, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/git/remote.py", line 886, in fetch
    res = self._get_fetch_info_from_stderr(proc, progress,
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/git/remote.py", line 750, in _get_fetch_info_from_stderr
    proc.wait(stderr=stderr_text)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/git/cmd.py", line 502, in wait
    raise GitCommandError(remove_password_if_present(self.args), status, errstr)
git.exc.GitCommandError: Cmd('git') failed due to: exit code(128)
  cmdline: git fetch -v --update-shallow --depth=1 origin
  stderr: 'fatal: protocol error: bad pack header'
The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/supervisor/supervisor/store/repository.py", line 110, in update
    await self.git.pull()
  File "/usr/src/supervisor/supervisor/jobs/decorator.py", line 108, in wrapper
    raise err
  File "/usr/src/supervisor/supervisor/jobs/decorator.py", line 106, in wrapper
    return await self._method(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/supervisor/supervisor/store/git.py", line 195, in pull
    raise StoreGitError() from err
supervisor.exceptions.StoreGitError

After I updated, all the installed community add-ons I have in my system lost their icons and no additional community add-ons were available in the store UI. I have added the community add-on repo url to the additional repositories list as a work around. Wondering if anyone else is seeing this?

1 Like

What version of Supervisor are you on?

supervisor-2022.04.0

You can join the beta program and install 2022.04.2 which should fix this. Or wait for the stable release.

I have no issues with the beta.

ok thanks will give it a go and report back

ok yeah seems to be behaving on the beta version. So potentially not 2022.4.4 related and instead a know issue with supervisor-2022.04.0 that has a fix ready to come down the pipe. Thanks @tom_l

22-04-15 17:50:20 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.store.git] Update add-on https://github.com/home-assistant/addons repository
22-04-15 17:50:20 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.store.git] Update add-on https://github.com/hassio-addons/repository repository
22-04-15 17:50:31 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.store] Loading add-ons from store: 62 all - 0 new - 0 remove
22-04-15 17:50:31 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.store] Loading add-ons from store: 62 all - 0 new - 0 remove
1 Like

Adjusting unit of measurement for sensors

I am not going to assume on @jdggit’s part, but for my sake, I am never going to be able to replicate the complexity that some of these controller blueprints are containing (or what ControllerX is capable off). And with that said, I also rather want to spend my restricted time, building things that haven’t been built before, instead of reinventing the wheel.

That of course invalidates my ability to complain, but I still think it should have been listed as a breaking change (at least after attention was raised on the matter through Github), so people who read the release notes wouldn’t be surprised.

But in order to help we need to see the event logs as I requested before.

As I have understood it’s not a breaking change it’s a bug.
But as the bug is so devastating for many it perhaps should have been added in the release notes when it was noted.

There is really nothing to help with, as I don’t think it is a bug, it’s just a change where adjustments to associated automations needs to be performed.

Intended (or unintended) the args that were passed with some controller presses was changed with 2022.4.0.

For instance for the Hue Dimmer switch, it was the up, down and off button that changed. So the automation was listening for X, but now Y gets passed, therefore the automation stops to trigger for those 3 buttons.

It is this change (that I would call breaking) that could have been listed, as soon as it was known about (has been reported on GitHub).

The solution is then to change the automations to start listening for Y instead. And multiple blueprints (and ControllerX) has been modified to account for this change.

And I just want to add that I love HA and the people who spent vast time on making Home Automation easy for me. Which is why I am not complaining, just suggesting the above gets added as a breaking change.

2 Likes

Yet again. If you want it to listen for Y then post what Y is by going to the developer tools → events and listen to what Y is and we can help you change the blueprint/automation to listen for Y.

1 Like