2022.4: Groups! Groups! Groups!

How do you do that? I run ZHA with a RaspBee II and I’m terrified of upgrading having read this thread. I’d at least like to do a before and after check.

I have a problem since they deprecated and removed the pigpio Daemon PWM LED component I was using for the PWM fan using the following code with python scripts and the pigpio add-on could handle it perfectly.

light:

platform: rpi_gpio_pwm
led:
name: RPI cooling fan
pilot: gpio
pins: [18]
type: simple
Enable Python scripts
python_script:

Do you have any advice for me to be able to still use the pwm fan of my Geekworm NASPi 2.5 "SATA HDD / SSD NAS Storage Kit for Raspberry Pi 4 B
Thanks a lot to everyone

https://community.home-assistant.io/search?q=pwm%20fan

How is a general forum search going to help here?

The specific advice would be on how to replace the deprecated pigpio component by installing it as a custom component.

This post describes that process for another deprecated gpio component (raspihats).. You should be able to adapt it, or look through that thread for more information.

It’s a good start if you have 17min total read-time here, and how people do/write their search terms, should reflect what they are looking for … either you stumble over this link(thou i know i saw it resently), or you actually “searched and found” somehow

And Please keep further “discussions” here:

Yes, that’s the reason i don’t use them.
I’m mostly using zigbee, and deconz creates real zigbee groups.

Thanks for the suggestion I have tried these operations without success I don’t know how to update the release is it possible that nobody has this problem?

I’ve seen people have this issue (on and of) never seen it was persistent, 1 time an update “vanished” for me but the next day it was there , latest 2022.4.3 i clicked(on 1 laptop), and nothings seemed to happend, when i looked direct on the “server” it was updated, and a “complete” clear History-Cache, solved it on the other laptop(from where i installed it)
Anyhow, if above dont solve it, and you aint got other problems, i would wait to another update shows up

Thank you boheme61

From what I can see, there is no breaking change. There’s a hardware issue with conbee II sticks that breaks the network that can randomly happen on a restart. I don’t use zigbee though, but that’s what I’ve gathered from reading all these posts with and without solutions.

Excellent work everyone!

A couple of suggestions for making Groups even better :slight_smile:

1. Can we have Groups as a heading next to Automations | Scenes | Scripts | Helpers please? If creating a lot of groups it would be very helpful to have them separated from the other Helpers.

2. Can we have a People type added to the Groups types please?

No way…
The message does not change because of hardware and/or a restart.

Have a look here at the arguments:

Message structure from link above:

{
    "event_type": "zha_event",
    "data": {
        "device_ieee": "ec:1b:bd:ff:fe:39:63:da",
        "unique_id": "ec:1b:bd:ff:fe:39:63:da:1:0x0008",
        "device_id": "a6e2928ee51d31c25e7afa6d1f55dbc9",
        "endpoint_id": 1,
        "cluster_id": 8,
        "command": "move",
        "args": [
        ],
        "params": {
            "move_mode": 0,
            "rate": 195,
            "options_mask": 0,
            "options_override": 0
        }
    },
    "origin": "LOCAL",
    "time_fired": "2022-04-12T21:03:00.224206+00:00",
    "context": {
        "id": "ad76032c18e711ee9757881b8ad66973",
        "parent_id": null,
        "user_id": null
    }
}

the same event in 2022.3.3, same remote:

{
    "event_type": "zha_event",
    "data": {
        "device_ieee": "5c:02:72:ff:fe:40:af:22",
        "unique_id": "5c:02:72:ff:fe:40:af:22:1:0x0008",
        "device_id": "f594d0a16628c130b023f476a35c0091",
        "endpoint_id": 1,
        "cluster_id": 8,
        "command": "move",
        "args": [
        ]
    },
    "origin": "LOCAL",
    "time_fired": "2022-04-14T11:42:59.725750+00:00",
    "context": {
        "id": "8797f70a0ae25787f8af15180bace373",
        "parent_id": null,
        "user_id": null
    }
}

I do not believe this is due to hardware or restarts.
That data is from ZHA, there is no way the remote has any context of “time_fired” for instance.

Uh, your unique_id is different which is based on hardware information. That means the hardware info changed. :man_shrugging:

No… That is because one remote is owned by the guy in the link, the other by me. So obviously they would be different

That’s comparing apples to oranges. Are they on the same firmware? The only event difference here is the data supplied in the event, which is the params dictionary.

And the arguments, ehrm…, Which is the important part.
There is no other difference you can argue whatever you want.

Someone made a change to ZHA that lead to a different message structure, that is a breaking change!

1 Like

well, it looks like the underlying library was downgraded 2 days ago. So it’s possible that zigpy-deconz changed events from 0.14.0 to 0.15.0

FYI events are forwarded from underlying libraries. 9 times out of 10, events are just passed directly through to HA from the hardware or the controller. It seems like you’re personally attacking me when I’m just trying to explain how things typically work. I.e. there’s no feeling behind my words. I’m explaining what I see.

1 Like

I’m not attacking you, I’m just saying that if everyone (or a vast majority) has problems after an upgrade and nobody that is still on the old version have problems then I do not believe it is due to hardware.
In my opinion it’s very obvious something got changed in the upgrade that was not announced.

If that is the library or ZHA integration. It doesn’t really matter to me, there is a breaking change that is not listed in the release notes