2022.4: Groups! Groups! Groups!

Media browser is cool and all but useless for most people if we can’t mount network shares for the media browser to have access to our media servers. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 Likes

For those nervous about ZHA and ConbeeII - I waited and updated to 2022.4.6 yesterday.

Upgrade took about 15 minutes (for database conversions). Seems to be working fine.

I have ConbeeII on my synology NAS running HA core in docker.

Zigbee network includes tradfri globes and buttons/controllers as well as xiaomi sensors/buttons.

Phil

1 Like

Ah o.k. I see/understand. I do it indeed different in such cases. I think and decide in such cases: Why e.g. changing to SwitchasX, if this does not more as my up and runing light-templates before. So I will not change.

I had brought this up a long time ago and there are Feature Request threads about it. Now that the media browser lets you link DLNA servers its not an issue for me anymore since my NAS runs the server for HA to connect to.

Not being able to queue up songs in HA is a massive oversight though…

I use a RaspBee II for that very reason!

For those, who do not see the parallel thread: Update to .7 is currently failing for some users (including me).

1 Like

Same here, the “Check Home Assistant configuration” worked but then when I tried to update nothing happens.

Same here as well on HA OS and it seems to be a problem on the repo with something missing if I understand the error message.

Open incident with Github Packages - degraded performance last 2 hours

github and update works again

Am i right in thinking that pre-existing groups configured in yaml and working before this update should still be working?

all mine have stopped working. I’m running core 2022.4.3
in developer states i can see the group

and can operate it from there

but if i try to call the service to toggle the group it wont show the group.christmas_switches entity

all the node red call service nodes that used to use these group entities are no longer showing these entities.

have i done something wrong here?

That service doesn’t toggle groups, never has. That service only toggles switches. You should be using homeasssitant.toggle

2 Likes

Holy Cow!! Even after 3 years I learn about things that got added all the time. Thanks @petro, Very cool!!

There you go, never knew that.

just out of curiosity, how did this node red node work for 3 years then sometime between Christmas and now the entity has disappeared.

thanks anyway, at least I know what I’m doing today then, checking all my node red flows. :rofl:

Homeassistant services aren’t new. They were in the software when I started back in 2015/16

No clue, that shouldn’t have worked. I don’t use node red

Just a quick update: After all my preparation, I updated to 2022.4.7 today. As of right now, everything looks good. My ZHA network came right back and the database update only took a few seconds. CPU and memory utilization look about the same as before. I’ll keep monitoring, but so far so good…

Except for one little self-inflicted issue I won’t pollute this thread with. But if you want a chuckle, check it out here.

After I updated to 2022.4.7 from 2022.4.5 my Node-RED stopped working (kept getting 502 bad gateway error) anyone else have this happen? I reverted back to 2022.4.5 but got same issue, switched “require_ssl” to false and now it’s working again

Since updating to 2022.4 I have noticed a change in the way expand() works on groups in templates.

Currently, I have the following template sensors (among other similar ones also affected by this change):

- sensor:
    - name: "Total Lights On"
      unit_of_measurement: "On"
      state: >
        {{ expand('group.all_lights') | selectattr('state', 'eq', 'on') | list | count }}
    - name: "Total Lights"
      state: >
        {{ expand('group.all_lights') | list | count }}

In my groups config the all_lights group is comprised of switches, lights, and light groups, which looks like this:

all_lights:
  name: All Lights
  entities:
    - light.kitchen_sink
    - light.kitchen_table
    - light.living_room_lamp
    - light.bathroom
    - light.nursery
    - light.bedroom_lamp    
    - switch.entrance_lights
    - switch.makeup_room   
    - switch.backdoor_light
    - switch.bedroom_fan
    - light.office
    - light.basement_hallway
    - light.laundry_room
    - switch.basement_lights
    - switch.printer_light
    - light.frontyard
    - light.backyard
    - switch.garage_light

Prior to 2022.4, {{ expand('group.all_lights') | list | count }} would return 18, 1 for each entity in the “all_lights” group.

After 2022.4, {{ expand('group.all_lights') | list | count }} returns 26, 1 for each switch and bulb in the “all_lights” group. It seems to be expanding each group within the group and summing the total.

Is there any workaround or way to get the old functionality back? On my dashboard, I want to see “2 lights on” not “6 lights on” when only my kitchen sink and kitchen table light fixtures are on (each of which contains 3 bulbs).

I’d rather not have to change that group (and several others) to instead be a list of all light switches and 1 bulb from each light group to get the desired functionality back… Suggestions?

1 Like