2022.4: Groups! Groups! Groups!

I Agree

Nope. don’t have Netflix, never will, not any other S… ( i have 4 “open-air” channels, default country free air channels picked with a basic antenna on the roof, and my Fiber is only for the Internet )

Im Fully aware of this, as i worked as system-administrator for about 15years … and had a hell with the management at 1 place when i incorporated monthly change of passwords ( in a development company, with patented software )

But we can agree that we disagree, to maybe 50%, and as this is a “Release Blog Post” i guess we should leave it there, so people can report their “problems” and get feedback, but ofcause also their “opinions” in short … and yes i have also always “checked my code”, but if it works “with a click” and im maybe even able(in some cases to modify) Makes life so much more easier :wink: ( which btw also “automation” is all about)… Sitting and writing code have never been anything that Triggers me, so for me it’s basically a “need to do” in some cases

Sorry to hear that HA, as you know it, is running away from you, and if it leads to less options for you, i do however think that “auto-rotation”( not really a good term/approach ), as you say “no-reuse” of password, can in a corporate network be implemented in various ways and levels

OK, update time. At about 00:30 CEST last night, the DB upgrade completed after roughly nine hours.

Sometimes patience helps :slight_smile:

I know is silly
but don’t you think that in updates that link should point to the correct version
not the whole change log

i feel should point to anchor 2022.4: Groups! Groups! Groups! - Home Assistant

yes we could scroll down, i just think is a nice to have.

3 Likes

I tried that, I even tried a different browser, but to no avail.

not sure but shouldn’t this more-info scroll its contents on the ‘what’s changed’ section?

now we still have to go to the developer states and check the attributes:

Since i did the Update to 2022.4.1 it can´t shown one sensor Gauge.

In Old Core Version 2022.3 there is now Problem with that Sensor. It shown Gauge correctly.
Also if i flash the Backup i made.

I tried several times with 2022.4 and now 4.1, the same problem. Please someone can help with that?
Or its an bug?

screenshot-192.168.1.9_8123-2022.04.08-12_39_26

Did you try to click on the faded text?

1 Like

AWS, Azure and Google think different and yet alike :wink:

I 100% agree. This is a discussion about a statement made in this Release Post.
I want to take focus on what user-friendly vs. newcommer-friendly is.
Because as demonstrated: it is not the same! And the current HA way is to go “newcommer-friendly” which has already taken affect on “user-friendly”.
This even continues to the changes in wordings made with this post!
We currently have a delta in what the new wording says vs what the docs and actual tool says.
This is neither newcommer-friendly nor user-friendly.

I will find a new way to get my password-rotation working again.
I will find ways to get features which were never intented by the devs.
HomeAssistant is OpenSource and extendable by default afterall.
It’s just about the way which we all are about to go.

why, yes, I thought so…apparently I miss clicked.
it opens… which is ok too :wink:

not as nice as a scrolling section though… and the panel wont fold back upon another click, so only close (X) works

but thanks for nudging me.

Hidden only modifies the autogenerated UI

Aha - that makes sense. Thanks.

Yeah but you are clearly happy to write scripts.
So all you really have to do - is to change the password that component is using, in the JSON file in the /config/.storage directory. It’s a little bit more work for you to do, but it’s still absolutely possible.

No, I do not use “Tibber Custom”

Ouch. Should have thought of that. Works fine!

I am very happy to write scripts.
I just don’t want to reinvent the wheel.

Home Assistant has a very suitable way to manage secrets in a dedicated centralized file and reference them throughout. It had a way to configure everything via organized files. It is not like i am asking to implement something new. Abstraction that were already in place allowed for an easy convenient way to mange them. If i wanted to add a new service to my password-rotation all i had to do, was tag that entry in my password manager and reference the secrets.
Done.

Now i have to lookup the domain of that service (most of them are plainly named, fair enough) or in some cases the specific entry_id if i have multiple of said domains.
Anyway, i’d have to manage a additional config-file for my script in order to find the correct mappings.
Having config-files to manage config-files seems a bit unnecessary.

This is by far not as convenient or use-friendly albeit still doable.
Clearly the previous implementation was more user-friendly as Home Assistant itself allowed for the correct mappings of secrets and config.

My Point is not “urgh they have no way to rotate secrets automatically”.
My Point is that the migration to UI managed configuration is not as useable as they make it to be.
It is only more newcommer-friendly. There is still important functionallity missing in the UI. An example of that is the ability to simply reset the passwords. Whats the point of having a newcommer getting frustrated because they forgot the password to a certain service and thus changing it, only to then find out HomeAssistant does not offer an option to reset the password!
Would you think that a newcommer looks in the storage folder in some json-file?
Is it even documented, that this is a possible workaround?
Spoiler: the answer is no.

Edit: in case of this thread it would rather be that dashboards are now called dashboards but the documentation and app itself still reference lovelace.

1 Like

After upgrading to 4.x i can’t use NodeRed anymore. As soon as a timestamp activates it crashes with a 502. Reverting to 3.8 solved the issue.

Add-on: Node-RED
 Flow-based programming for the Internet of Things
-----------------------------------------------------------
 Add-on version: 11.1.1
 You are running the latest version of this add-on.
 System: Home Assistant OS 7.6  (amd64 / qemux86-64)
 Home Assistant Core: 2022.4.1
 Home Assistant Supervisor: 2022.03.5
 Please, share the above information when looking for help
 or support in, e.g., GitHub, forums or the Discord chat.
[cont-init.d] 00-banner.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 01-log-level.sh: executing... 
[cont-init.d] 01-log-level.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] customizations.sh: executing... 
[cont-init.d] customizations.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] nginx.sh: executing... 
[cont-init.d] nginx.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] node-red.sh: executing... 
patching file nodes/ui_base.html
Hunk #1 succeeded at 1164 (offset 633 lines).
up to date, audited 1 package in 216ms
found 0 vulnerabilities
[cont-init.d] node-red.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.
[10:25:05] INFO: Starting Node-RED...
> start
> node $NODE_OPTIONS node_modules/node-red/red.js "--settings" "/etc/node-red/config.js"
8 Apr 10:25:06 - [info] 
Welcome to Node-RED
===================
8 Apr 10:25:06 - [info] Node-RED version: v2.2.2
8 Apr 10:25:06 - [info] Node.js  version: v16.14.0
8 Apr 10:25:06 - [info] Linux 5.10.108 x64 LE
8 Apr 10:25:06 - [info] Loading palette nodes
8 Apr 10:25:07 - [info] Dashboard version 3.1.6 started at /endpoint/ui
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/node_modules/node-red-node-pi-gpio/testgpio.py", line 3, in <module>
    import RPi.GPIO as GPIO
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/RPi/GPIO/__init__.py", line 23, in <module>
    from RPi._GPIO import *
RuntimeError: This module can only be run on a Raspberry Pi!
8 Apr 10:25:07 - [warn] rpi-gpio : Raspberry Pi specific node set inactive
8 Apr 10:25:07 - [info] Settings file  : /etc/node-red/config.js
8 Apr 10:25:07 - [info] Context store  : 'default' [module=memory]
8 Apr 10:25:07 - [info] User directory : /config/node-red/
8 Apr 10:25:07 - [warn] Projects disabled : editorTheme.projects.enabled=false
8 Apr 10:25:07 - [info] Flows file     : /config/node-red/flows.json
8 Apr 10:25:07 - [info] Server now running at http://127.0.0.1:46836/
8 Apr 10:25:07 - [info] Starting flows
[10:25:08] INFO: Starting NGinx...
nginx: [warn] "ssl_stapling" ignored, issuer certificate not found for certificate "/ssl/fullchain.pem"
8 Apr 10:25:08 - [info] Started flows
8 Apr 10:25:12 - [info] [server:Home Assistant] Connecting to http://supervisor/core
8 Apr 10:25:12 - [info] [server:Home Assistant] Connecting to http://supervisor/core
8 Apr 10:25:12 - [info] [server:Home Assistant] Connected to http://supervisor/core
8 Apr 10:25:12 - [info] [server:Home Assistant] Connected to http://supervisor/core
8 Apr 10:25:40 - [red] Uncaught Exception:
8 Apr 10:25:40 - [error] UnhandledPromiseRejection: This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). The promise rejected with the reason "#<Object>".
[10:25:40] INFO: Starting Node-RED...
> start
> node $NODE_OPTIONS node_modules/node-red/red.js "--settings" "/etc/node-red/config.js"
2022/04/08 10:25:40 [error] 566#566: *6 connect() failed (111: Connection refused) while connecting to upstream, client: 192.168.1.183, server: a0d7b954-nodered, request: "POST /inject/9b806e1912ff11ff HTTP/2.0", upstream: "http://127.0.0.1:46836/inject/9b806e1912ff11ff", host: "192.168.2.3:1880", referrer: "https://192.168.2.3:1880/"
8 Apr 10:25:40 - [info] 
Welcome to Node-RED
===================
8 Apr 10:25:40 - [info] Node-RED version: v2.2.2
8 Apr 10:25:40 - [info] Node.js  version: v16.14.0
8 Apr 10:25:40 - [info] Linux 5.10.108 x64 LE
2022/04/08 10:25:41 [error] 566#566: *12 connect() failed (111: Connection refused) while connecting to upstream, client: 192.168.1.183, server: a0d7b954-nodered, request: "GET /comms HTTP/1.1", upstream: "http://127.0.0.1:46836/comms", host: "192.168.2.3:1880"
8 Apr 10:25:41 - [info] Loading palette nodes
8 Apr 10:25:42 - [info] Dashboard version 3.1.6 started at /endpoint/ui
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/node_modules/node-red-node-pi-gpio/testgpio.py", line 3, in <module>
    import RPi.GPIO as GPIO
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/RPi/GPIO/__init__.py", line 23, in <module>
    from RPi._GPIO import *
RuntimeError: This module can only be run on a Raspberry Pi!
8 Apr 10:25:42 - [warn] rpi-gpio : Raspberry Pi specific node set inactive
8 Apr 10:25:42 - [info] Settings file  : /etc/node-red/config.js
8 Apr 10:25:42 - [info] Context store  : 'default' [module=memory]
8 Apr 10:25:42 - [info] User directory : /config/node-red/
8 Apr 10:25:42 - [warn] Projects disabled : editorTheme.projects.enabled=false
8 Apr 10:25:42 - [info] Flows file     : /config/node-red/flows.json
8 Apr 10:25:42 - [info] Server now running at http://127.0.0.1:46836/
8 Apr 10:25:42 - [info] Starting flows
8 Apr 10:25:42 - [info] Started flows

I’m running HA on Raspberry Pi 4B.
Before this update my scripts worked good.

considering what you’re saying here, and trying to make that mindbend (since we where told for a long time to use MariaDB or some other external DB so have a better , faster and more reliable DB which would be nicer to the SD…)

What would be the decisive factor for this currently? In my setup, running a RPi4 with an SSD (and all data on that SSD), and a heavily curated recorder (included/excluded entities), I’d love the setup to be as simple as can be. So, going back to core SQLite seems attractive?

If going back to that, can we save the DB (is it migrated?)

Same issue for me! But rolling back did not fix…

There are some fixes for ZHA in 2022.4.1

1 Like