2022.4: Groups! Groups! Groups!

First off, I want to thank everyone who contributed to this release, well done!

What are the requirements for the new Unit Of Measurements to show? (LocalTuya)

As i ā€œstillā€ havenā€™t gone over to MariaDB, im not in situation to wonder about ā€œgoing backā€, but one of my major reasons for an external DB, was other than performance/functionality, i actually had a thought, that i recently got confirmed, ā€¦ External DB for looong-term(5 years or more, for some) storage + external backup and additional use of DB(outside HA), saw 1 Topic here, where i guy did just this, using homeassistan_db , and ( I think ) he made a sensor that was reading / or duplicated the Recorder ā€œentries to dbā€, so he got what he wanted to his externalDB, but HA system was still using sqlite, with very little DB-Size Purged often ā€¦ so this ā€œGoing backā€ could be accomplice same way ā€¦ change back to local_homeassistan_sqlite_db, with above ā€¦ (easily i guess) ā€¦ i wouldnā€™t either ā€œgo backā€ unless mentioned ( Have both ), and will wait with my external MariaDB as i have other prioritizes, itā€™s soon spring and summer

I just noticed in the Media section that MP4ā€™s are now showing as ā€œincompatibleā€ and they are hidden for media players when you select, for instance, a google home device that does not have a screen. Previously it played them without issue it just obviously did not show the video since thereā€™s no screen.

The file format is supported by the hardware so it should not prevent it from showing up and being available.

Is there any way we can enable the ability to send choose if we want to hide supposedly incompatible formats?

Hello,
Thanks for the update and all the hard work!
But since i updated my HA to 2022.4.1, the attributes of my entities created in NodeRed are no longer available in HA (and they no longer appear in developer tools). Entities and their state appear in HA but not their attributes defined in NodeRed.
Am I the only one who has encountered this problem?
Thank you ++

but what about those people who update from an earlier version than 2022.4.0? They may want to check the full changelog then. Scrolling down to the specific version wouldnā€™t be a help there.

2 Likes

@aruffell It seems like Iā€™m having a slightly different issue, because it seems to me that none of my requested commands are even getting a response let alone one that the devices are busy. Still, it seems too convenient to both be having basically the same problems on similar hardware after this update.

Only found one issue on the GitHub issue tracker that people said they were able to resolve by removing the deps folder but since that didnā€™t work, starting to think I just will need to create one as well.

Logger: zigpy_deconz.api
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy_deconz/api.py:316
First occurred: 12:09:55 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 12:09:55 PM

No response to 'Command.aps_data_indication' command with seq id '0x39'

Logger: zigpy_deconz.zigbee.application
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy_deconz/zigbee/application.py:57
First occurred: 3:12:36 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 3:12:36 PM

No watchdog response

Logger: homeassistant.components.zha.core.channels.base
Source: components/zha/core/channels/base.py:457
Integration: Zigbee Home Automation (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 8:36:32 AM (26 occurrences)
Last logged: 3:13:56 PM

[0x423B:1:0x0300]: async_initialize: all attempts have failed: [DeliveryError('[0x423b:1:0x0300]: Message send failure'), DeliveryError('[0x423b:1:0x0300]: Message send failure'), DeliveryError('[0x423b:1:0x0300]: Message send failure'), DeliveryError('[0x423b:1:0x0300]: Message send failure')]
[0x423B:1:0x0006]: async_initialize: all attempts have failed: [DeliveryError('[0x423b:1:0x0006]: Message send failure'), DeliveryError('[0x423b:1:0x0006]: Message send failure'), DeliveryError('[0x423b:1:0x0006]: Message send failure'), DeliveryError('[0x423b:1:0x0006]: Message send failure')]
[0x423B:1:0x0008]: async_initialize: all attempts have failed: [DeliveryError('[0x423b:1:0x0008]: Message send failure'), DeliveryError('[0x423b:1:0x0008]: Message send failure'), DeliveryError('[0x423b:1:0x0008]: Message send failure'), DeliveryError('[0x423b:1:0x0008]: Message send failure')]
[0x9117:1:0x0300]: async_initialize: all attempts have failed: [DeliveryError('[0x9117:1:0x0300]: Message send failure'), DeliveryError('[0x9117:1:0x0300]: Message send failure'), DeliveryError('[0x9117:1:0x0300]: Message send failure'), DeliveryError('[0x9117:1:0x0300]: Message send failure')]
[0x9117:1:0x0006]: async_initialize: all attempts have failed: [DeliveryError('[0x9117:1:0x0006]: Message send failure'), DeliveryError('[0x9117:1:0x0006]: Message send failure'), DeliveryError('[0x9117:1:0x0006]: Message send failure'), DeliveryError('[0x9117:1:0x0006]: Message send failure')]
1 Like

Is anyone else running into issues with adjusting long-term statistics?

All I can see are 0 values in the adjustment dialogue, even though this is verifialy incorrect. Itā€™s shown correctly in the history explorer. I run two home assistant instances in different houses, but this behaviour is present on both.

This whole release is awesome. What I like most is that @frenck polled the community and Groups was implemented with lightning speed. This shows how truly you listen to your user-base!

Home assistant is becoming more user friendly for users not comfortable going outside a UI for configuration. This is a big thing! Not that I dislike the power of YAML. I actual think that that should stay as well for those who would like to leverage its powerful features.
The real point is that increased ease of use will lead to more users, making Home Assistant even bigger than it is today. Imagine what this means to manufacturers and thus to us as users. Another thing is that this will potentially lead to more revenue for Nabu Casa which could lead to more paid development for Home Assistant.

Anyway, What a release! Thanks to all involved with their dedication.

After the update my Battery percentages arenā€™t displayed for the Wyze cam/sensors? Anybody else have this issue?

Guys is there a way to activate sound on RTSP camera (generic camera)?

Click the advanced settings box. It should show in the resultant menu.

Its always been that way, but I agree.

Thanks, but unfortunately the option is not present.

Yep - took my Zigbee down as well - another Conbee II. Reverted back and its working again.

3 Likes

Iā€™m also not able to remove the old yaml groups, even after I deleted them from the yaml files.
Also how do delete readonly entities after you remove an old (custom) integration?

I have a question on the new feature added in 2022.4 ā€œVariables on Triggersā€. What types of triggers does it support? I have it mocked up on some state change triggered automations and it works great, but I canā€™t get this to work with Zone based automations at all. This is a really awesome addition and in some ways game changing!! Any help would be appreciated

Yes, seeing that too. As a matter of fact, it made me wonder if this number is the Delta, and not the actual measurementā€¦.

Even so, I changed a few of the offenders and it made no difference whatsoever in any graph. Not in the energy panel, or any history graph.

So I am not sure it is actually doing anything at all

but I already edited that:

??

Did you install 2022.4.0 or 2022.4.1?

Edit: Versions changed as directed by the forum police :policeman::crazy_face:

have you rebooted yet?

I keep trying to roll back and the network is still acting like crap! Are you doing full backup restores? I keep trying those and itā€™s not solving it. :frowning: need to get my Zigbee network goin again- this is frustrating.