2022.4: Groups! Groups! Groups!

Those are not versions. Please, all the numbering can get confusing if misused, please use it properly.

did anyone here notice a change in the simple-thermostat-card controls? I can no longer see the + and -, please see Lovelace: Simple thermostat card - #838 by Mariusthvdb

dont want to crosspost, but it seems to have coincided with the current updateā€¦?

With 2022.4.1 and ZHA quirks to 0.0.71 in Custom deps deployment, everything seems pretty much alive.

Iā€™m experiencing this. Do you know if thereā€™s a GitHub issue for it?

So zigbee is only stable if you make manual configuration changes?
Would you mind pointing to any documentation on what this means/entails? Iā€™d like to upgrade but not if it requires any manual trickery. If thatā€™s the case, Iā€™ll have to wait a bit longer until the update is seamless.

Upgraded to 2022.4.1 and notification says database migration failed. I do not understand how to repair it.

log

Logger: homeassistant.components.recorder
Source: components/recorder/migration.py:110
Integration: Recorder (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 7:58:22 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 7:58:22 AM

Database error during schema migration
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 1808, in _execute_context
    self.dialect.do_execute(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/default.py", line 732, in do_execute
    cursor.execute(statement, parameters)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/MySQLdb/cursors.py", line 206, in execute
    res = self._query(query)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/MySQLdb/cursors.py", line 319, in _query
    db.query(q)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/MySQLdb/connections.py", line 254, in query
    _mysql.connection.query(self, query)
MySQLdb._exceptions.OperationalError: (1034, "Index for table 'states' is corrupt; try to repair it")

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/recorder/__init__.py", line 992, in _migrate_schema_and_setup_run
    migration.migrate_schema(self, current_version)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/recorder/migration.py", line 79, in migrate_schema
    _apply_update(instance, new_version, current_version)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/recorder/migration.py", line 648, in _apply_update
    _create_index(instance, "states", "ix_states_attributes_id")
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/recorder/migration.py", line 112, in _create_index
    raise_if_exception_missing_str(err, ["already exists", "duplicate"])
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/recorder/migration.py", line 44, in raise_if_exception_missing_str
    raise ex
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/recorder/migration.py", line 110, in _create_index
    index.create(connection)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/sqlalchemy/sql/schema.py", line 4287, in create
    bind._run_ddl_visitor(ddl.SchemaGenerator, self, checkfirst=checkfirst)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 2119, in _run_ddl_visitor
    visitorcallable(self.dialect, self, **kwargs).traverse_single(element)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/sqlalchemy/sql/visitors.py", line 524, in traverse_single
    return meth(obj, **kw)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/sqlalchemy/sql/ddl.py", line 936, in visit_index
    self.connection.execute(CreateIndex(index))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 1295, in execute
    return meth(self, multiparams, params, _EMPTY_EXECUTION_OPTS)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/sqlalchemy/sql/ddl.py", line 80, in _execute_on_connection
    return connection._execute_ddl(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 1387, in _execute_ddl
    ret = self._execute_context(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 1851, in _execute_context
    self._handle_dbapi_exception(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 2032, in _handle_dbapi_exception
    util.raise_(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/sqlalchemy/util/compat.py", line 207, in raise_
    raise exception
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 1808, in _execute_context
    self.dialect.do_execute(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/default.py", line 732, in do_execute
    cursor.execute(statement, parameters)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/MySQLdb/cursors.py", line 206, in execute
    res = self._query(query)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/MySQLdb/cursors.py", line 319, in _query
    db.query(q)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/MySQLdb/connections.py", line 254, in query
    _mysql.connection.query(self, query)
sqlalchemy.exc.OperationalError: (MySQLdb._exceptions.OperationalError) (1034, "Index for table 'states' is corrupt; try to repair it")
[SQL: CREATE INDEX ix_states_attributes_id ON states (attributes_id)]
(Background on this error at: https://sqlalche.me/e/14/e3q8)

Logger: homeassistant.components.recorder.util
Source: components/recorder/util.py:90
Integration: Recorder (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 7:58:22 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 7:58:22 AM

Error executing query: (MySQLdb._exceptions.OperationalError) (1034, "Index for table 'states' is corrupt; try to repair it") [SQL: CREATE INDEX ix_states_attributes_id ON states (attributes_id)] (Background on this error at: https://sqlalche.me/e/14/e3q8)

Looks to me like 2022.4.1 should contain the 0.0.71 release of ZHA Quirks. No manual intervention should be necessary.

Unfortunately forcing an update to Quirks on lower versions of Home Assistant Core doesnā€™t fix the issues Iā€™m having either, including upgrading to 2022.4.1.

2 Likes

Iā€™m using some tuya dimmer switches which are sort of zigbee, but have some unrecognizable signature. These can be handled in Home Assistant by use of mentioned ZHA Quirks, through Custom deps deployment add on.
So for my use, I had to update this nice feature. But if youā€™re not using this, then there is nothing to manually update of course.
I can only say that the 2022.4.1 release runs correct for me.

Not faulting the developers, but this has been the biggest nightmare of an upgrade Iā€™ve had since using Home Assistant two years ago. First, the removal of the deprecated Zwave module was a full day of trying to get Zwave JS to work and now my Zwave devices all go offline every few minutes. Had zero problems before. Second, all my SSH scripts stopped working because addon.stdin was removed. That was another day of reshuffling. On a positive note, the new features are great and Iā€™m hoping the pain of this upgrade will prove worth it in the long run.

1 Like

from what? it was removed from ssh addon ages ago.

That has been coming for ages, you seem to have left it until the very very last minute.

The service was removed recently, maybe last release?

hassio.addon_stdin? It is still in my services menu in 2022.4.1

Iā€™m going off memory here, but Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s deprecated or removed. So Iā€™m guessing itā€™s deprecated.

just noticed none of my night light automations triggered.

No mention here:

Of it being deprecated or due for removal.

hassio.addon_stdin was removed from ssh & web terminal addon only by frenck but that was in December 2021, Release v10.0.0 Ā· hassio-addons/addon-ssh Ā· GitHub. Damned if I know what @mattbrad2 is on about.

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/rebuilding-tables.html

Thanks. I already tried REPAIR TABLE states, but it gave me error saying something about unable to repair with mysql version. I ended up creating a new DB

I do love Home Assistant - but my God is it frustrating.

I was woken up this morning by my WORKDAY only alarm. Thereā€™s nothing at all in breaking changes that meant this should have happened but in the logs:

* Invalid config for [binary_sensor.workday]: Country is not supported. 
for dictionary value @ data['country']. Got 'England'. 
(See /config/configuration.yaml, line 41). 
Please check the docs at 
https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/workday

Any ideas?

https://github.com/kevinvincent/ha-wyzesense/issues/223
gives a fix. This is not being worked on but a user gives how to fix the integration so that it will work again.