2022.4: Groups! Groups! Groups!

boheme61

try this…doesn’t 100% solve the problem but does “work”

1 Like

Actually this is what stated in end of official Doc, for (automation split) applied to script

Indeed it works.

Also for me now. I must have made a typo somehow. I do not understand how I can have tried this a year ago and again earlier today and mistyped both times.

I will update my bug report and close it

… and next time open a Topic, instead of using " Update Release Blog" to get attention :wink:
Thou interesting, i also learned something today :slight_smile:

This is the reason I have not bothered changing to the UI. My helpers have different names than entity_ids.

1 Like

Nice job on database guys ! It is decreasing day to day :

Using mariaDB, 3 days retention and a daily purge :slight_smile:

4 Likes

clear your cache and refresh your page.

Groups: I continue my journey moving all light and binary_sensor groups from yaml over to the UI. One thing I’m missing is the ability to see the state of all binary_sensor from the UI.

Old behaviour when viewing more info on a binary_sensor groups was seeing a list of all binary_sensor and their individual states. This appears to have gone and you now only see the state of the group.

Agreed! I am absolutely NOT a fan of replacing entity id with device name… first of all the list loads at a snail’s pace (even in Node Red) and it is quite annoying when a device has many entities. It would be nice if both options existed. Type in the entity id if you know it and the device name populates for you, or populate the device name and then pick your entity id from a short list specific to the device.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that the end state after the changes will be a lot more usable than what I see now.

5 Likes

I have the same request/issue. I was using lock templates and converted to the new Switch as X, however the locks are showing locked when unlocked and vice versa

@nightwood

Someone on reddit pointed me in the right direction, used template lock. Put this in my configuration.yaml file and it works as expected:

lock:
  - platform: template
    name: Basement Sliding Door
    value_template: "{{ is_state('switch.basement_door_lock', 'on') }}"
    unlock:
      service: switch.turn_off
      target:
        entity_id: switch.basement_door_lock
    lock:
      service: switch.turn_on
      target:
        entity_id: switch.basement_door_lock    

Yeah, that’s what I had and what I was trying to get rid of. It seems to me this is precisely the use case for Switch as Lock (except that it needs to be inverted for it to work for me).

The order of the lock vs the unlock matters as I found with testing, if you put unlock first then lock it will inverse the template.

My home assistant is not showing the 4.1 update. Until now there was never a problem with new updates showing up.

Any idea?

Update your Devices like WLED is pretty cool. But it would be nice if i would know WICH device i update!

1 Like

+1, I got 4 WLED update notifications but no idea for which devices :grimacing:

1 Like

are your update entities showing a state, or are they unavailable? Its what I am seeing regularly with the new entities unfortunately: Hassio updates: Forced update failed Entity.xxxx. not found. · Issue #69492 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

Exactly, they were deactivated, activating them solves the problem.
Thanks for your quick help.

I assume you mean 2022.4.1.

There is now a menu on the config dashboard to manually check. Or you can do it on the commandline.

Installed 2022.4.1:
received error in configuration:

Platform error media_player.openhome - cannot import name ‘UpnpFactory’ from ‘async_upnp_client’ (/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/async_upnp_client/init.py)

is integration Linn/Openhome not supported anymore?