2022.4: Groups! Groups! Groups!

Yes, but we are also speaking about 2 different issues here. All of the issues i’ve read about so far aside from your event issue are related to the entire network dying. I assumed this is what you were talking about. I was wrong for assuming that, however that’s the issue I was referencing. Which, from what I can tell is 100% related to conbee II sticks.

Anyways, it appears as if that was a bug which is why it wasn’t listed as a breaking change. It’s already fixed

Not sure when it will be delivered. It was delivered in 2022.4.1

EDIT: Here’s a link to the PR, not the actual change

1 Like

Reading the comments, there still seems to be issues.
And just after people voice these issues the discussion is locked.

Move new zha_event command parameters into a params key to ensure backwards compatibility by puddly · Pull Request #69631 · home-assistant/core (github.com)

That’s an autobot locking the PR because it was merged. There isn’t some conspiracy. If it breaks something, then an issue should be written up.

2 Likes

Let me say this loud and clear: The devs are not out to make your life miserable. They are trying to provide fixes, enhancements, and updates. Sometimes breaking changes due to bugs squeak through.

5 Likes

Part of the problem here is the definition of breaking change. It does not mean “a change which caused something to break.” It does not include what the rest of us would call a bug.

In the HA world, “breaking change” means a change which was designed in advance to require that the user make some sort of re-configuration or adjustment, or things will break.

There is definitely something going on with Zigbee and ZHA in release 2022.4. I’m watching 7 issues and 9 pull requests on Github. Granted, I can’t comprehend most of them, but it does signify a lot of activity.

At this point it might not be a bad strategy to wait for the dust to settle a bit before updating to 2022.4. It’s frustrating. I like to be up-to-date. But I have confidence our best people are on it!

4 Likes

It seems like puddly (Assuming that’s the main dev as he has the most activity everywhere) is working pretty hard at whatever changed.

2 Likes

I’m not saying anyone is doing some conspiracy.

All I’m saying there is some change in the latest version that breaks the control of ZigBee devices when used with ZHA.
If this change should be called bug, change or whatever.
I’m very grateful Puddly is working on it. Thank you! I really mean it.

I understand this could be hard to maintain, but when it’s these large integrations, perhaps a “after the release notice” should be posted in the blog saying we found this bug.
I can understand there are many that read the release notes and found nothing “harmful” and didn’t bother to read the following hundreds of posts before this was noted.

2 Likes

Every integration has a known bug list. You can access that list through home assistant on the integration itself or in the documents in the integration list.

If the bug isn’t found in that list, that means no one found it.

Also, you can get to the docs & issues via this link provided in the release notes:

1 Like

How do you get the latest beta version that you show in your card?

This ZHA bug, unfortunately, degraded a bit of my confidence that had been building over the last year. I had gone a good year or more without a nuclear update. Oh well.

I haven’t even tried the latest version.
Too much that can go wrong that I don’t want to try.

1 Like

Thanks a lot, again, guys for this release and the quick fix of the memory leak! :+1:

1 Like

Something in 2022.4.x has changed such that the first condition of this ZHA-Zigbee blueprint (ZHA - Lutron Connected Bulb Remote) continues to work, but the second condition fails. The blueprint works fine with 2022.3 and before. I’ve read that changes have been made regarding “args” in the Zigbee, but I’m out of my depth trying to debug the blueprint. All I can see different it there’s one more parameter in the “args” for the second condition

• choose:
    • conditions:
      • ‘{{ command == ‘‘move_to_level_with_on_off’’ }}’
      • ‘{{ cluster_id == 8 }}’
      • ‘{{ endpoint_id == 1 }}’
      • ‘{{ args == [254, 4] }}’
        sequence:
      • type: toggle -------------------------------->> WORKS
        device_id: d5762dc844931556d70b0e7c249c2209
        entity_id: light.office_strata_lamp
        domain: light
    • conditions:
      • ‘{{ command == ‘‘step_with_on_off’’ }}’
      • ‘{{ cluster_id == 8 }}’
      • ‘{{ endpoint_id == 1 }}’
      • ‘{{ args == [0, 30, 6] }}’
        sequence:
      • service: fan.increase_speed ------------------->> FAILS
        target:
        device_id: 1a3db7315e7609c488d49e79b21303a6

Looking for suggestions on how to fix this. Thanks

What is that supposed to be? Please post the code properly.

You need to look at the events tool in developer tools and listen for zha event.
What happens as you press the button?

@jdggit please repost working and non-working code snippets separately using the Preformatted text button </> . You can do this in one post with descriptions of each snippet and the issue you are having. This way more people can read and understand your automation. :slight_smile:

Thanks for taking a look at this. Here’s the full blueprint. The problems started with 2022.4.x on button 2 and 3. Buttons 1 and 4 work as they always have with 2022.3. and before. the new Core release doesn’t like something in here that was working before.

Just updated to 2022.4.4 and now my climacell (tomorrow.io) forecast is in metric. I’m in the US and everything else is set to imperial units.

2022.4 changed the messages that are sent by a lot of controllers through ZHA, breaking previously working blueprints. The blueprint exchange is full of issues like yours. I had the same issue with the Hue dimmer.

Bit of a shame it wasn’t listed as a breaking change.

My suggestion is to find a blueprint that has been updated to account for the changed messages, or write the Blueprint creator and let them know it’s due for an update.