2022.5: Streamlining settings

Thank god for copy/past, in samba( a little like a cp command automation )

Unless I misunderstand you, I think you might have the problem with the posts.

If you click on the avatar (on the right) that a poster is responding to, it opens the parent post.
Even your post with the quote you are complaining about, has the link to the referenced post and therefore the one before that etc.

Maybe you just chose a bad example?

If there is no link to an earlier post (as in a reply or a link) then I assume the post is a response to the post above.

Well, running 2022.5.1 now. The update took it’s sweet time though. Half an hour! Is that normal? HA is running on debian here, hardware is an Intel Core2Quad @ 2.8Ghz (3% usage) with 6GB RAM (30% usage) and lots (220GB) of diskspace (10% usage)

Yes. Here is a better one:

There is no link to the message being replied to. This comes from from using the Reply button instead of using the Reply button.

Just quoting a few words of the original post also provides a reference link.

I am just in a nitpicky mood today…

1 Like

Never thought about the blue reply button - i’d never even thought about using that!

Understood - I have days like that everyday :slight_smile:

FYI the link you’re referring to only shows up if the message you clicked reply on is not directly above your reply. Like for this message its going to show a link to yours because there’s a message from Duke_box in between. For the one you screenshotted earlier there is no link even though I clicked reply on the message because it was replying to TheHolyRoger’s message which was directly above.

You’ll notice though that if you go to that message and expand the replies this shows up:

Not my call how threads are presented. I forget what software is used for the forum but if you can figure it out feel free to create an issue for them.

Offset is implemented already for next release so we should be good! (Edit: replied without quoting, sorry)

1 Like

I think we should switch to vbulletin and have that reply inside reply inside reply inside reply quote box thing, I miss that

3 Likes

noooo

Depends if the code owner wants to support it and the ui.

Has anyone recieved this error, if so how did they resolve it?

22-05-06 21:33:20 ERROR (SyncWorker_1) [supervisor.docker.interface] Can't install ghcr.io/home-assistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:2022.5.1: 404 Client Error for http+docker://localhost/v1.41/images/ghcr.io/home-assistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:2022.5.1/json: Not Found ("no such image: ghcr.io/home-assistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:2022.5.1: No such image: ghcr.io/home-assistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:2022.5.1")
22-05-06 21:33:20 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant.core] Updating Home Assistant image failed

Creators are often out of date after a short time. They need to make new videos, and tell people the old ones shouldn’t be used.

2 Likes

I brought this up with the team, and everyone agrees that the new search is not ready. It will be reverted next 2022.5 release. Thanks for the feedback. :+1:

9 Likes

I was going to link you here but I see that is actually your post. Did the solution in there not work for you?

1 Like

I think we should add this plugin: Discourse Reactions - Beyond Likes - plugin - Discourse Meta

If only so that I can add a :joy: to your reply.

2 Likes

Or keep the import feature and ignore the logger warning. :slight_smile:
I think it helps to extend the ui with the same logic from the import, so you can paste your sql querys from your sql editor. :peace_symbol:

Best news i’ve heard all night! Thank you!
I see the use for it for some, and I liked where the GH thread was headed with possibly a way to enable/disable or force an exact search using “quotes” or something. A few tweaks and I can see it satisfying everyone.

2 Likes

Doesn’t seem to have made it into 2022.5.2, but good news :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is it possible to update without a restart of HA?

No.