2022.5: Streamlining settings

I call “Check config” even without need to restart - to be sure that my changes are right:

• made changes
  • checked
  • made changes
  • checked
  • restart

For me, the old page was absolutely OK.

1 Like

Developer Tools → YAML → Check Configuration
and if you want to restart HA the button is on the same page.

I do know where it is.
The issue is “why to hide it so deep”

1 Like

It’s actually two clicks less than it was before. Making it less hidden

3 Likes

Guys, honestly? I’m impressed. Almost every release this year is like October Anniversary release. Really nice work. Keep going!

4 Likes

Hi farmio - Matthias
thanks for your help ! Inbetween I restored the previous version 2022.4.7 again and KNX works fine again without problems ! But I somehow destroryed my config directory by restorining the partial backup of the previois version. I try to get this fixed first, reinstall the version 2022.5.0 again an try to get then complete Log File.
regards Klaus

1 Like

I love having logs in one place, listed by addon/integration. And loading history is significantly faster on Rpi4. Really solid update.

Yeah, it’s nice. It was a little confusing that the page is dictated by the dropdown at first. Once you learn that, its much better.

Yes. The > is annoying. On an IOS Danish keyboard I have to first click the search icon. Then click the text field to open a keyboard. The keyboard you see is just letters so you have to click the key for symbols. And then again click to see the 2nd level symbols. And there is the >. I wish there was a little icon in the search that pops up where you could toggle between entity and command. I use my iPad 99% of the time I interact with Home Assistant. Since you only have a keyboard on the iPad when you click a text entry field, the C to get commands just does not work. It is cool on a computer. The new magnifying glass is cool but I rarely need to search entities. I always need to reload things.

The place I need the command menu the most is when I use the File Editor Addon. But in that addon the search magnifying glass is a search for text in the open document. The File Editor Addon has some restart and reload features but it has not been maintained for a long time and you cannot reload all the things you can today in 2022. So I still end up having a 2nd tab in the browser with the page where I can check yaml and reload. And a third tab for the logs because checking YAML does not work well either. The check passes but then fails when you reload which you see as a notification. It is still pretty painful. There is a missing workflow when you work with yaml. You are jumping around 3 places all the time. I wish I could edit yaml, check it properly, and reload from the same UI area.

That said. This release is a much better UI layout that the previous. I never got used to it. Things are much more logically grouped now. So a big thankyou to the devs for the release anyway.

1 Like

Ok, now im confused … Backups"ok" ( thou “upload backup” sends me to Windows Desktop ) Updates"ok" not much to show — Rollback/Restore ??? Help Needed !!!
EDIT: + this 1
storage

Absolutely not true ( as it wasn’t in the previous UI/place also ) … and no further explanation either ! , is someone trying to deceive people into think they have lots of available diskspace, for DB-logfiles-additinal integrations etc. ?

EDIT2: Ok, for sure i was confused, caused by Bad memory, and barely used feature, LOL … just clicked on a backup-item, and POPS … there it was

So, basically my high expectation to this update is “untouched” , beside all the “extra” cool features, that i didn’t knew was coming :slight_smile:

Returning to version 2022.5.0 the same problems still there - no communication with knx bus

because the previous version works fine within the same network setup - nothing changed for weeks - there should be some intrinsic problems to the new version.

network - simple 192.168.2.X Network with one router - only default gateways, routing
infos about my knx installation - 3 TP Lines (1,2,3) - 1 IP Connector (15)

i checked the log file and the knx diagnose info - i found no relevant errors or messages, but i can sent it to you if it might help

many thanks again !

Please post a github issue.

on KNX Integration or on homeassiatnt core ?

Core for starters, the code owner will figure it out from there. Make sure to include all details farmio requested (I believe he is the code owner).

Because it’s asking you to load a backup into the list you see on that page. I.e. If you have a backup somewhere else on your network, you can easily load it into the UI to restore from it.

To restore, click on the backup you want to restore and click the restore button.

How is this deceiving? It’s just listing what space you have on the storage device that you’re using.

there’s a rather old Discussion/fr on that optimize Developer tools · Discussion #9298 · home-assistant/frontend · GitHub

btw I have indeed made a custom panel config pointing at templates, specially for that. However, as of this release, I see that navigating to the default states page and navigating away from it…

What is the secret to getting logging per integration. I only see addons.

something really odd is happening, when selecting a HomePod/AppleTV in the Media page:

should see the source buttons here, which show on any other device but Apple TV related

and we can not stream/tts/play anything to the HomePod. There have been a few PR’s but this is still very awkward

I think that’s a miss understanding of integrations. Core is where all the integration logs go.

1 Like

True i’ve actually never clicked on upload before :), so i was just surpriced here
And i can’t see the “Restore Button” … could be because of my D… Firefox
EDIT: turned out to be a missing “link” in my head :slight_smile:

How is this deceiving? It’s just listing what space you have on the storage device that you’re using.
No it’s not, i have more or less 9% free space on my Disk-image ohh realized i looked in/on windows and the ha.vmdk image-file + .vmem, takes up 45% of disk-zize :slight_smile:
PS: just checked in Terminal :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :stuck_out_tongue:
EDIT2: and now checked, 2 different browsers on 2 different machines, NO RestoreButton, only Create
… or when clicking/selecting, Choice to delete, also