2022.5: Streamlining settings

Solved:
Found another message in the log saying the name can’t be resolved.
I have changed the host for the MQTT integration and now it works… I still can’t understand why…
I have 2 DNS entries on my router to use the server locally

MQTT integration was set up on hassio.local which no longer works after upgrade. Changed to xyz.duckdns.org and now it works

1 Like

2022.5 : great improvement in settings and automation funktions !
may be that this is the wrong place to post - but I’m quite new in the community and have a problem with 2022.5 in Knx integration
After update to 2022.5 HA didn’t get connection to KNX bus anymore - no communication is possible . Did someone has the same problem ? I restartet everything, reconfigured KNX Interface but still no connection. Up to 2022.4.7 my KNX Integration works fine with about 100 Entities. The KNX IP Interface is working and testet to be ok - ETS 6 has full connection to KNX Bus over the same IP Interface.
Many thanks in advance for your help !

There were quite a few changes to the KNX integration in 2022.5, search the full list of changes here for “KNX”: https://www.home-assistant.io/changelogs/core-2022.5

None of them were listed as breaking changes though. Maybe they missed one or stuffed something up.

Try updating again and look at your log for errors.

This is a great update and additions. In my opinion, the If/Then (else) addition is the most powerful. I have already added it to my heating plan in conjunction with a window sensor and presence detection. For example, i am at home and the heating is set at 24 degrees. When i get out normally it would set the temperature to a pre-heat state at 20 degrees, but with the new addition, i can now check i left the window open. So now, if i go out and the window is closed, it will be 20 degrees, but if the window is open, the heater will turn off. It will only turn on again if i come home and close the window.

Awesome!

Thanks for all the work you have done and the UI implementations all these years
Regards
M

You could do that before with a condition, or a choose action if you need to do other things in the leave home automation.

I still don’t understand the difference from Choose or why this is stated:

3 Likes

Love this release - so much work done :heart_eyes:

Especially on YAML side - not only UI.
After we have seen so many things moving away from yaml in the last releases, I am happy to see that the focus is not only UI based :slight_smile:

Please keep this direction :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

There is no “direction” to or away from YAML.

Integrations will continue to be moved to the UI and YAML will continue to be improved. The reasoning is explained here:

https://www.home-assistant.io/blog/2020/04/14/the-future-of-yaml/#the-future-of-yaml

1 Like

thank you for your quick response !
Before I update I always check the list of new features and I didn’t found one in 2202.5 on KNX.
LOG Message is

No communication to KNX bus possible - everything else works fine.

sorry for the question - but how can I redo the update ?
It does appear any longer in the update list of the HA web userinterface.

You can’t comment out in HA YAML. That would solve the need for this.

Sometimes you just need to disable something for testing, or seasonally, without having to re-make it later.

Hi Tom,

If your response goes for me i was aware that i could use a condition to check if the window is open, however, i didn’t find any way to run actions in case the condition is met but also when it’s not met.

If i am not mistaken in case the condition was not met (window open), the automation would stop.

I have explained and shared my automation in another thread that i opened before. Here is the link:

Hope this helps

Hmm, when I tried to comment out stuff in Automations.yaml before, it just disappeared from it. That’s why I was calling for the Disable feature. Or maybe this is only for the YAML view on the UI editor? That would be very confusing.

sure i can…i’m using yaml to d my automations. not gui

If you uncomment something in UI, it will be deleted. If you uncomment sth. in a .yaml file (e.g. using packages or YAML mode, it’s been uncommented but not deleted.

1 Like

I understand but is it mentioned somewhere in the documentation? It should.

Yes you could have used nested Choose actions for that.

To update Home Assistant to a specific version, use the command:

ha core update --version x.y.z
1 Like

Frenck and Homeassistant Team! Congrats for your amazing work!
But … Netatmo integration still does not working after upgrade 2022.03 and that’s a lot of time for Netatmo users. I hope you can fix this soon. Thank you again for your excelent work!

Hi :wave:!
We’d need a full log and more info to see what the issue is there. Please consider opening a new thread or a GitHub Issue for this providing more information like a full log excerpt (especially the beginning of the discovery and connection), infos about your installation (how many gateways, routers etc.) and maybe even diagnostic information:

Feel free to @-tag me.

Appreciate this doesn’t help anyone having issues but Netatmo is working fine for me, running HAOS on 2022.05. Worth noting it was working on 03 and 04 as well :confused:

AFAIK the ‘Check config’ is automated upon clicking ‘restart’, you cant restart if it doesnt check.

1 Like