2022.5: Streamlining settings

Here’s the doc update for Sonos favorites as it’s not immediately obvious on how to use: Add Sonos favorites notes by jjlawren · Pull Request #22642 · home-assistant/home-assistant.io · GitHub.

Anyone experiences problem with glances running on HA Proxmox? I’m getting error but only for Glances running under HA VM which is strange. There are several other problem with this release.

Anyone have any idea why the required Community Add-on repository has disappeared from so many systems? I definitely didn’t remove it from my system, but it wasn’t there. It would have just happened recently because I saw addon updates within the last couple of weeks.

1 Like

It saw this and got excited:

@sisimomo added Markdown support to Blueprint input descriptions, allowing you to add links to, for example, documentation in your Blueprints.

But I see that the note is not completely true.

Markdown has been added to Automation Blueprints !inputs, not Script blueprints. Markdown is not working in those (at least for me).

It would be very helpful to extend this to the rest of the blueprint family.

Thanks for the awesome look and function on Automations, any chance you can extend that?

I guess it’s better than the endlessly spinning wheel of previous versions :wink:
I really would like to see this eventually fixed as well because since the TTS button was removed from the players, we, apple device owners, have to resort to using the service in dev tools or a script/automation.

So in core version 2022.4 there was a bug where the hassio integration asked supervisor to do a full update check on all addon repos every 5 minutes. This meant that every user with supervisor on core-2022.4 was trying to pull the official, community and esphome addon repos every 5 minutes. GitHub (understandably) took defensive action because of this as it saw it as either a DOS attack or a breach of TOS (using a repository as a CDN) and started dropping requests. When the request got dropped supervisor thought the repo either didn’t exist or was corrupt and tried to remove it.

This was fixed in 2022.4.5 by this pr and things returned to normal as people updated. But the community addons repo was accidently removed by this process for a number of people so you’ll have to add it back manually back. This accidental auto removing is something I plan to work on but for now just click the buttons for the repos you’re missing:

Community add-ons repo
Open your Home Assistant instance and show the add add-on repository dialog with a specific repository URL pre-filled.

ESP Home
Open your Home Assistant instance and show the add add-on repository dialog with a specific repository URL pre-filled.

5 Likes

dont know about that… even when using the developers Service tab I get this error in the logs:

Media streaming is not possible with current configuration

while trying to tts cloud_say

No problem here, but I’m using google translate instead of cloud, that’s the only difference I can see…
Mvg.

would be so nice to see the full options:
if
elif
elif
else

I think most easy way to create automations based on a if state.

That’s impossible to do in Yaml because the first elif would be replaced by the second elif. That’s why choose is a list and not a map.

1 Like

But this is exactly, what choose is doing, isn’t it?

This. if-then was introduced because this:

if: "{{ a == 'b' }}"
then:
  service: do_something

and this:

then:
else:
  service: do_something_else

is a bit shorter and easier to read then this:

choose:
  conditions: "{{ a == 'b' }}"
  actions:
default:

But if you do actually need an elif then choose is your tool:

choose:
  - conditions: "{{ a == 'b' }}"
    actions:
  - conditions: "{{ a == 'c' }}"
    actions:
      service: do_something_2
default:

And to petro’s point this isn’t an option because its not valid yaml and automations aren’t actually a programming language:

# NOTE: INVALID, DON'T COPY ME
then:
elif: "{{ a == 'c' }}"
then:
elif: "{{ a == 'd' }}"
then:
  service: do_something_3
else:
3 Likes

Nice, thanks. This will work for me and it will be a matter of time before it’s updated at the integration page :+1:

Takes 5+ seconds for me to open Dev Tools on a Blue/ODROID. I have 10k+ entities, and understand that my use case is not typical. There are certain areas where HA is dreadful to use - Dev Tools is one of those areas.

Always happy to see the expansion of the calendar but it would be amazing if the native calendar integration could pull in discrete events as sensors instead of just on or off when an event starts. Considering that scheduling is a part of of life, I feel that this would be a great thing to have.

Did this break Visual Studio Code Server for anyone else?
Edit: Looks like my /config folder is now empty. Any insight?

seems like documentation for not_from, not_to is not added yet on Conditions - Home Assistant

Choose part can be shorter as well of they implement it:

choose:
  - if:: "{{ a == 'b' }}"
    then:
  - if: "{{ a == 'c' }}"
    then:
else:
2 Likes

Sure. Make a feature request about it. Or if you feel strongly about it, make a PR to change the syntax.

I’m seeing a few issues . . .

Sonos / devices_entities() Issue
I’m seeing an odd issue where device entities are not showing up when using the devices_entities() jinja function. This is definitely true for Sonos devices (and seems to be true for Hue Motion Sensor). For example:

This definitely worked previously since it is the basis for my Sonos alarm blueprint. And the HA UI for the Sonos speakers does show the various entities mind you under it (e.g. alarms, cross-fade, etc).

I did move back to the previous version and the issue stuck. So not sure what the issue is. I see no explicit errors in the logs (though it is possible something bad happened on upgrade and so long since gone).

Lutron Error

2022-05-05 12:30:19 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of domain fan took 0.0 seconds
2022-05-05 12:30:19 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.binary_sensor] Error while setting up lutron_caseta platform for binary_sensor
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 249, in _async_setup_platform
    await asyncio.shield(task)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/lutron_caseta/binary_sensor.py", line 33, in async_setup_entry
    entity = LutronOccupancySensor(occupancy_group, bridge, bridge_device)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/lutron_caseta/__init__.py", line 310, in __init__
    identifiers={(DOMAIN, self.serial)},
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/lutron_caseta/__init__.py", line 339, in serial
    return self._device["serial"]
KeyError: 'serial'

Not sure what it is entirely impact so far, but haven’t tested all devices.

Version Error
Others reported this one:

2022-05-05 12:30:27 ERROR (SyncWorker_5) [root] Uncaught exception
RuntimeError: module compiled against API version 0xf but this version of numpy is 0xe