2022.5: Streamlining settings

On my system (android phone) the search button brings up a list of entities, not commands.

Has that always been there??? TIL

1 Like

Go to the settings sidebar item.

Yes, wellā€¦ for a long long time already

As Petro notes its already on some pages. Also thanks to this change its on a lot more pages (every dashboard). Click the option to launch the entity picker then type ā€˜>restartā€™ or ā€˜>reloadā€™ or ā€˜>ā€™ and whatever command you want.

Note the ā€˜>ā€™ at the beginning. The command palette is just the entity picker with ā€˜>ā€™ at the front. So if you can get to the entity picker you can get to the command palette.

3 Likes

Yes, indeed it comes up on the settings sidebar. Perhaps confusing that the search button does different things in different places, but thank you for fixing my confusion.

You can also use the normal search button on mobile dashboard and then type the > character to get commands

The > is painful to get to on my android keyboard, but thanks for the extra explanation.

1 Like

Now I got it. Didnā€™t realise that I have to type > at first. Thank you and @petro for clarification.

Iā€™ll open a pull request for you if I can work out the unittests for frontend, as long as itā€™s not opposed by the team that is

1 Like

Yeah, you have to train yourself, but it does make it pretty easy.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the link.
Unfortunately, I am not qualified enough to create a buildā€¦ Will keep waiting for any changes in UI on the official rev.

For anyone using these shortcuts in the side menu

They require a small update:

panel_custom:
  - name: panel-redirect
    url_path: redirect-server-controls
    sidebar_title: Server Controls
    sidebar_icon: mdi:server
    module_url: /local/panel-redirect.js
    config:
      target: /developer-tools/yaml
    url_path: redirect-logs
    sidebar_title: Logs
    sidebar_icon: mdi:math-log
    config:
      target: /config/logs
    url_path: redirect-devices
    sidebar_title: Devices
    sidebar_icon: mdi:devices
    config:
      target: /config/integrations
    url_path: redirect-addons
    sidebar_title: Addons
    sidebar_icon: mdi:home-assistant
    config:
      target: /hassio/dashboard
9 Likes

Add `entity_id` to states panel in developer tools by TheHolyRoger Ā· Pull Request #12588 Ā· home-assistant/frontend Ā· GitHub feel free to comment on the PR to show you want it!

1 Like

Since 2021.3!

Proof that I donā€™t read the release notes :smiley:

2 Likes

Found this change:
Very glad to to get this!

7 Likes

This has been rather disastrous for me. My ZwaveJS2MQTT integration stopped working, because the server isnā€™t new enough. Yet, it is on the latest version available with HassOS. So, went to restore a backup, but now that has changed, too. It says I need to go to some new place, but it shows no backups available, although there are 5 on the RPi itself, 5 on NextCloud and 2 on Google Drive.

Secondarily, with the new menu I cannot find how to check configuration, or update just Automations, say.

1 Like

Now in dev tools, as the release notes say.

1 Like

Thanks. The backups are now starting to populate the new page, so restoring now.
Just have to figure out how to get the new ZwaveJS2MQTT server, since the option to update doesnā€™t show up yet.